Toaster Archive

"
vajinuh wrote:
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
Lvl 22 Inci deals 221.5 average dps. Lvl 26 deals 320.

lvl 21 Anger gives 35.55 average dps (already calculate 30% damage effectiveness).

On average, effective dps against monsters with no fire resist of Lvl 22 + Anger is (221.5 + 35.55)*1.39 = 357.3.

Meanwhile, dps of lvl 26 Incinerate + Anger is 320 + 35.55 = 355.55.

So even in the best case for Empower setup, Fire Pen setup still beats it. In the case monsters have some resist, the difference is just larger. Not to mention I haven't calculated the 10% increased fire damage of a 20% quality Fire Pen gem. You are simply trying hard for high tooltip DPS, which clearly shown in your goal.

The mana cost is more, but that comes with improving your gear, in this case your jewels. Some of them have irrelevant mod like Light Res, AoE damage, and some only has 3 mods (1 more slot for the mana cost suffix). Another thing to note is it's fine to "sacrifice" 1 suffix for mana cost, as the most damaging suffix for Incinerate only rolls to 12% (projectile damage, spell damage), or cast speed only rolls to 4%.

Play it your way is not the same as advertising it as superior to others when there are Incinerate builds with better burst dps (Skyon Zippo), or much higher tankiness (Templer 0 mana or Yotmato EB/MoM).

Just stfu and play the game. No need to bash on someone that worked incredibly hard to put out a guide and have you nitpick the tiniest discrepancies between his and your preferred play style. If you don't like his guide, then move along. FYI, you can also write your own if you don't like what's already out there.

Work hard on something doesn't mean you can't be criticized. The difference is not tiny, and the ineffectiveness in gear/gem selection can't be ignored.

At least I have experience on this game to know and point out for some players out there " Hey, don't be fooled. It's not as good as it is advertised". What do you have, "new player who hasn't even hit any end game content yet"?
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Nov 28, 2015, 6:43:09 AM
I'm following this build, right now I'm level 70 and pretty happy with the DPS.

However, I feel extremely squishy, and I have no idea how to improve that without spending 20+ exalted orbs which I don't have at the moment.

I have max resistances, almost 4k HP and some enemies kill me almost instantly. Actually I recieve a lot of damage from anything that manages to touch me.

I don't see how an extra 500hp (after a few more levels) and a little bit of armor are going to change that. I know this build is supposed to be quite tanky, any advices?
@Taxi_Driver : I understand your point of view. I am not mad nor under informed of this specific gear choice. We all have our own option and how we play this game. I do appreciate your advice and knowledge of this game. Its how we all get better by pointing out the good and bad of a "Build Guide"

I was just not happy of the other 1 million Incinerate builds that I followed and played. Some lack the Sustain DPS, Some lack the Brust DPS, Some lack Tankiest, and Some were just really bad. LOL. So I played about 12+ Different types of Incinerate and found a Hybrid one that I seem to be overall Good in each area. I play this version of Incinerate and a lot of ppl ask me for a build guide so I have made this one.

Also going back to what our individual goals are for playing this game matters on how we gear/build each character. My goal and your goals can be different and seem to lack the pros/cons of what a build needs to do in this game. But so far I am happy with the overall of this build and will hit 100 with this build when I have time not playing the Temp Leagues.

Cheers Mate!
"
Bauab wrote:
I'm following this build, right now I'm level 70 and pretty happy with the DPS.

However, I feel extremely squishy, and I have no idea how to improve that without spending 20+ exalted orbs which I don't have at the moment.

I have max resistances, almost 4k HP and some enemies kill me almost instantly. Actually I recieve a lot of damage from anything that manages to touch me.

I don't see how an extra 500hp (after a few more levels) and a little bit of armor are going to change that. I know this build is supposed to be quite tanky, any advices?

@Bauab : Hey man thanks for considering this build! At lvl 70 You still most likely missing a few block nodes and depending on your current gear setup. I recommend using a High Armor Shield with Life/Res/Extra Block % instead of the Globe. Lioneye's Remorse is a good budget high Armour life shield if you do not need the extra res on the shield to be Res cap. With the 2K Armour shield you should be around 55% Estimated Phy Damage Reduction. This should help with your character until you reach about 90+ to fill in all the points in the tree. Second if you dont already have a Rumi Flask, I highly recommend buying this flask. With proper Flask management you should not take too much damage. Spell block is nice with the globe and Stone of Law with Rumis Flask. But you just have to learn the play style and get use to the position you need to be in along with timing your flask for specific encounters.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask on the Forum or stop by the TwitchTV and I can show you how I play the build.

Good Luck mate and Happy Hunting!
U are using Scold's Bridle for a Vaal Molten Shell, right?Because i dont see it in your Gear,but in video u are using vaal molten )
Title should be "Super tanky Scold's bridle Vaal Molten Shell" ...Because VMS is doing 2 mil dps and its nothing new to proc it with incinerate.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Dec 1, 2015, 9:06:29 AM
"
NoX1ous wrote:
U are using Scold's Bridle for a Vaal Molten Shell, right?Because i dont see it in your Gear,but in video u are using vaal molten )

In the build Guide under Version 2.0.1, There is the updated VMS setup.

@eragon1111: 7L Toaster Still kills Atziri and other bosses just fine without VMS + Scold's. We just testing out Burst + Toaster. Like 206K TTDPS on Incinerate is just overkill you know? LOL
"
Pikachu4u wrote:
"
NoX1ous wrote:

@eragon1111: 7L Toaster Still kills Atziri and other bosses just fine without VMS + Scold's. We just testing out Burst + Toaster. Like 206K TTDPS on Incinerate is just overkill you know? LOL

Does it change my reply in any way ? "2 MILLION DPS SUPER TANKY INCINERATER" indicates you are dealing 2 mil dps with incinerate, which is completly FALSE... It's not about being dick pointing out. It's about you lyin to ppl about true strenght of the build (Scolds).
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
thanks for your reply. I've changed a few things, got some new boots and a flask and I'm a bit more tanky. There is still room to improve and I'm going for that, the ultimate challenge will be getting a decent 6L chest to replace the tabula.

I do have a couple more questions about the suggested skilltree:

1- Those nodes to the right of the starting point, why would you take attack speed instead of spell damage?
2- Why didn't you go for Dynamo and picked a node with less mana and less reduction instead?
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Pikachu4u wrote:
"
NoX1ous wrote:

Does it change my reply in any way ? "2 MILLION DPS SUPER TANKY INCINERATER" indicates you are dealing 2 mil dps with incinerate, which is completly FALSE... It's not about being dick pointing out. It's about you lyin to ppl about true strenght of the build (Scolds).

@Eragon111: First I never claim that Incinerate does 2 million DPS. There is a slash ( / ) Between 2Million DPS and Super Tanky Incinerater. Does not falsify the Build Guide. If you Read the title and assume that Incinerate has 2Million DPS then the fault lies with you.

Second. If you go through the Build Guide Version 2.0.0 you can clearly see that the build does not use a Scolds. I still manage to kill everything in matter of seconds including Atziri and Uber.

Many ppl have played this Version without good gear and a Scolds and can verified its a #NiceBuild.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info