Toaster Archive

Restless ward is just borderline better than many other options in fast mapping, thanks to a longer frenzy duration. Whirling Blade makes more move speed of little value. Then I realize you don't even have WB - Faster Attack - Fortify in the link section, which is a big minus.

Meanwhile, Lightning Coil, Belly or a good 6L rare armor-based chest can easily beat it defensively. Your build also has very low armor, so once you're unlucky and do not block, there are things that still at least hit you badly (or worse, outright 1 shot you). Your base block chance is also quite low (not taking 4% block near Scion start, do not use +2 block gloves and +4 block Lazhwar) and you are too reliant on Rumi for high block which I personally dislike.

Your gem choice is somewhat I would call "blindly chasing big numbers". Fire Pen is better than either Empower lvl 4 (which you have by using lvl3 in a +1) or Iron Will. Using Iron Will also force you to an inefficient pathing by going to Bloodless cluster (while you can just take the short way above), and extend to a jewel slot nearby (takes 5 points from the main tree - surely not efficient at all).
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Nov 2, 2015, 10:12:18 PM
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
Restless ward is just borderline better than many other options in fast mapping, thanks to a longer frenzy duration. Whirling Blade makes more move speed of little value. Then I realize you don't even have WB - Faster Attack - Fortify in the link section, which is a big minus.

Meanwhile, Lightning Coil, Belly or a good 6L rare armor-based chest can easily beat it defensively. Your build also has very low armor, so once you're unlucky and do not block, there are things that still at least hit you badly (or worse, outright 1 shot you). Your base block chance is also quite low (not taking 4% block near Scion start, do not use +2 block gloves and +4 block Lazhwar) and you are too reliant on Rumi for high block which I personally dislike.

Your gem choice is somewhat I would call "blindly chasing big numbers". Fire Pen is better than either Empower lvl 4 (which you have by using lvl3 in a +1) or Iron Will. Using Iron Will also force you to an inefficient pathing by going to Bloodless cluster (while you can just take the short way above), and extend to a jewel slot nearby (takes 5 points from the main tree - surely not efficient at all).

He has the WB setup on his weapon, Restless also gives him better defense by keeping up his damage and regen, and however if you get unlucky and dont block, armor wont save you if you get unlucky and get critted multiple times in quick sucession, Iron will is an obvious choice for the dps boost it gives since you're going to have a lot of str, fire pen is just more consistent then empower, but it doesnt make it better, also the pathing is like that because jewels are the main source of damage for the build.
"

He has the WB setup on his weapon, Restless also gives him better defense by keeping up his damage and regen, and however if you get unlucky and dont block, armor wont save you if you get unlucky and get critted multiple times in quick sucession, Iron will is an obvious choice for the dps boost it gives since you're going to have a lot of str, fire pen is just more consistent then empower, but it doesnt make it better, also the pathing is like that because jewels are the main source of damage for the build.

LOL @ Restless giving better defense?

Since when 16 life regen better at defense than at least 22.5% physical mitigation on non-leg Coil? If he has to rely on high DPS to survive (a.k.a the "kill thing before it kills you") then it's certainly NOT a "SUPER TANKY INCINERATER".

Several crit Uber spears can kill everything, but each hit is another chance to block. Must be very unlucky for other builds to die, but doesn't take that much mishap for his, as his build blocks less often; while die on the 1st crit that it doesn't block.

Most life based Inci build has high Str (due to pathing), but since when Iron Will is "an obvious choice for dps boost"? With several jewels having + spell mod, the effective dps gain from Iron Will will ALWAYS be lower than Fire Pen.

Emp lvl 3 in a +1 makes a difference of about 25% more damage from Incinerate. Actually not that much because of the damage from Anger (which is unaffected by Empower). If he has Emp lvl 4, the difference is still only 32% more damage at most. Now compare that to Fire Pen which gives 39 % more damage if enemy has no fire resist and even more than that if they do have some. Fire Pen only lose some effectiveness if you have huge chaos conversion or using 2x Heralds - which is NOT the case here.

Finally if you think he desperately spent 5 points just to get to another jewel slot, then why not just spent 4 points to the slot near Resolute Technique? He did so just to chase high number from Iron Will.

Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Nov 6, 2015, 12:07:05 PM
I'm a bit lost here. Why do you mention (under gear) 7 frenzy charges?

Unless there is something I don't know, that would require picking all the Frenzy nodes, and none of the suggested passive skill trees go anywhere near the Frenzy nodes (only the one in the bottom).

@ Luzi_ : Sorry for late replay, busy working. Yes Fire pen would increase the overall dmg vs IronWill but at the cost of a more Mana Multiplier. Which is A: Leads to more points spent on Reduce mana cost vs reduce mana jewels instead of full DPS jewels.

@ Bauab : We get 7 Frenzy charges due to +1 Blood Dance - +1 Stone of Law +1 from Act 3Merc bandit +1 From tree and 3 Standard charges. Total of 7.

@ Taxi_Driver : Here is the break down. First.
WB + FA + Fort. Y dont we have this? Its because everything dies in .1sec and nothing ever touches us while mapping or doing anything. Thus we have WB + FA + Summon flame golem. Could we use this setup for like Uber Trash or Trio> or even Uber Atziri herself> Yes. But we drop FG for Decoy totem due to the FG dying anyways.

Second. If u did not read the entire " words " from the build. Then you missed the point where I Explained why we use a +1 Restless ward vs other common Chest via Lighting Coil. Ill explain it for you. We gain a massive DPS boost from Frenzy charges (7). Our goal is to kill Atziri and soon Uber Atziri. Now the Question is, How do u sustain the Frenzy charges during [ Vaal Boss ] [ Trio ] [ Atziri ] ? The First problem we ran into is doing the Vaal Boss. 7 second > Frenzy charges drop off. Now we lost about 40% DPS. In tells us from killing Vaal boss 40% Slower without Frenzy charges. Ok lets use a Doedre's. 7 second + 7 more seconds... > Vaal boss still hasnt poped up yet. 14sec No more Frenzy charges. after 16sec the vaal boss pops up. We fix this by having 21Sec Frenzy charge duration. Same goes for Trash into Trio into Trio Trash to sustain this Frenzy charges.

By having the 7 Frenzy charges we have about 700 Life Regn per sec. Another sustain + the Life Regn from spell hit on our cybils paw added.

Yes Could we Grab more Block % in the tree. Yes we can at the cost of many jewels or other points somewhere else. But I feel for my play style, that 75/75 with Rumi's is decent for sticky situations. Could we have better Block or Dmg mitigation? Yes. But we do 82 Maps fine without deaths. Everyone plays the game different, View items different, uses different setups. Thus there is so many Builds out there.

Third. I also Explained in the Gem setup, Empower Lvl 3 is spouse to be a Empower Lvl 4. I Sold my Empower Lvl 4 to buy a Voll's Dev before i made this Build Guide, Thus could not link the EMpower Lvl 4 as u see there. We are not rich so we could not keep the Empower Lvl 4 and buy a Voll's Devo.

Fourth. The only stat the Restless ward gives us is the 100% increased Frenzy Duration/ the 16Life regn does nothing if u dont sustain Endur charges. Along with the +1 socket. U could use a different Chest for mappping. But Will u Vaal ur 6L Legacy Coil to get +1 socket? Or buy Many other chest Via Lighting coil or belly and try to +1 socket them for cheap? We spent like 1-2C each for the Restlessward due to no one ever using it. Its focus on our goals, Not overall game mechanics.

Fifth. Your Question vs Empower Lvl 4 and Fire Pen. You are right and wrong. Empower Lvl 4 in a +1 Socket out weighs the 21/20 Fire pen in a +1 socket. Tell me how +4 to incinerate; Which Incinerate is lvl 26 over a lvl 22 Incinerate is better with Fire pen? Could you replace the Iron will for the Fire pen> Yes But it will cost more Mana. Which means we need to put more points into Reduce mana or get jewels with reduce mana lowering the total DPS. So unless u want to spend more points in the Tree for reduce mana cost on a Lvl 26 incinerate with only two -8 Elron rings. Be my guess. This is just how we play the game with our Build. I could lose some DPS and drop Ironwill for FirePen and drop 5-8 points to get reduce mana to sustain Incinerate cost at 0 mana.

Finally I just want to say that in no shape or form this build is any better than any Incinerate out there. Its just our build we play. Also this is my first ever build guide so nothing is perfect. I took 2 days of learning how to make a Guide and posted it to share my game play.

And a " Super Tanky Incinerater " Doesnt just mean i have 75% Block without flask. I could go 100% Block with static strike and such... but the DPS Blows. Slow clear speed ETC. I Named it
" 7L Super Tanky Incinerate " For the overall Tankyness of all the synergy that the build has to offer. Mid high Block/SpellBlock with good Life regn + Cybils paw and 7L. And High DPS on Incinerate without being a Glass Cannon.

Lastly. Only very specific builds can kill uber or if u have completed uber 1 million times. I have done Uber 3 times with very little experience doing Uber. Not everyone is good at this game.
And we spent 2 days making this Guide, are there many improvements to be made? Yes of course. This game is ever changing and different players using the same build could make it slightly different to meet their play style. I just feel the DPS is high enough to not run that extra 5-8 points to sustain Fire pen/Life Leech.

Yes the DPS is overkill but hey, we Killed the Mirror Add during Atziri Split Phase without dying so, IDK about u but thats pretty GG. There is more i could explain to you but thats just how we play this game.

Our next goal is to push to 210K - 225K TTDPS on Incinerate And Reach Lvl 100
Lvl 22 Inci deals 221.5 average dps. Lvl 26 deals 320.

lvl 21 Anger gives 35.55 average dps (already calculate 30% damage effectiveness).

On average, effective dps against monsters with no fire resist of Lvl 22 + Anger is (221.5 + 35.55)*1.39 = 357.3.

Meanwhile, dps of lvl 26 Incinerate + Anger is 320 + 35.55 = 355.55.

So even in the best case for Empower setup, Fire Pen setup still beats it. In the case monsters have some resist, the difference is just larger. Not to mention I haven't calculated the 10% increased fire damage of a 20% quality Fire Pen gem. You are simply trying hard for high tooltip DPS, which clearly shown in your goal.

The mana cost is more, but that comes with improving your gear, in this case your jewels. Some of them have irrelevant mod like Light Res, AoE damage, and some only has 3 mods (1 more slot for the mana cost suffix). Another thing to note is it's fine to "sacrifice" 1 suffix for mana cost, as the most damaging suffix for Incinerate only rolls to 12% (projectile damage, spell damage), or cast speed only rolls to 4%.

Play it your way is not the same as advertising it as superior to others when there are Incinerate builds with better burst dps (Skyon Zippo), or much higher tankiness (Templer 0 mana or Yotmato EB/MoM).
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
Lvl 22 Inci deals 221.5 average dps. Lvl 26 deals 320.

lvl 21 Anger gives 35.55 average dps (already calculate 30% damage effectiveness).

On average, effective dps against monsters with no fire resist of Lvl 22 + Anger is (221.5 + 35.55)*1.39 = 357.3.

Meanwhile, dps of lvl 26 Incinerate + Anger is 320 + 35.55 = 355.55.

So even in the best case for Empower setup, Fire Pen setup still beats it. In the case monsters have some resist, the difference is just larger. Not to mention I haven't calculated the 10% increased fire damage of a 20% quality Fire Pen gem. You are simply trying hard for high tooltip DPS, which clearly shown in your goal.

The mana cost is more, but that comes with improving your gear, in this case your jewels. Some of them have irrelevant mod like Light Res, AoE damage, and some only has 3 mods (1 more slot for the mana cost suffix). Another thing to note is it's fine to "sacrifice" 1 suffix for mana cost, as the most damaging suffix for Incinerate only rolls to 12% (projectile damage, spell damage), or cast speed only rolls to 4%.

Play it your way is not the same as advertising it as superior to others when there are Incinerate builds with better burst dps (Skyon Zippo), or much higher tankiness (Templer 0 mana or Yotmato EB/MoM).

Just stfu and play the game. No need to bash on someone that worked incredibly hard to put out a guide and have you nitpick the tiniest discrepancies between his and your preferred play style. If you don't like his guide, then move along. FYI, you can also write your own if you don't like what's already out there.
I am relatively new to the game, have been playing this build up to level 45 now and am having huge mana issues, how do you manage it, not to mention keeping all those auras up.
** HC Only! **
"
Wye2491 wrote:
I am relatively new to the game, have been playing this build up to level 45 now and am having huge mana issues, how do you manage it, not to mention keeping all those auras up.

Hey Welcome to PoE! The answer to this question is going to be your Rings and points in the tree. You Can search PoE.Trade for some rings that cost -8 mana cost to be able to sustain along with reduce mana cost jewels and points in the passive tree. Dynamo, Unrelenting, Righteous Decree and Versatility. If you have any more questions feel free to stop by the stream and I will help get you setup for the build.
Thanks! Have Fun StaySafe!
I don´t know but the mana/mana cost node "dynamo" seems more efficient than the one next to it.
In the lvl 100 and the other trees you picked the small node over "dynamo".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info