How should incinerate be rebalanced? Vote now

"
Zed_ wrote:
I think GGG was overly generous with the extra damage from stages seeing how easy it is to reach stage 4 especially since Spell Echo was added. The spell does absolutely insane damage at stage 4 even when you compare it to other short range spells, even after you factor in crit for those spells (which requires investment). And this skill is not even short range in reality when you have good gear. Couple this with the rather easy mana management options (Elreon rings, BM-IW, toteming) and the skill starts towering over mostly everything else.

I think the damage multiplier from stages should be reduced.

Incinerate was much easier to sustain when EB was about getting even more mana (miss the days having 4k mana), but with the new EB, I had to sacrifice some life and dmg to get like 27% reduced mana cost of skills from the tree. Still kinda hard to sustain with that (27%) + 182 mana regen per second with a 6L Incinerate that has only 30 mana cost. Then again, my cast time is almost 17 per sec....not even spell echo can save it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 10, 2015, 3:58:12 AM
elron jewelry solves mana cost issues for the cheap price of having 3 bad jewelry pieces. that matters little as you do not need crit/multi/added phys from these jewelries anyway
Just switched out the life nodes from the circle of life nodes with the Unrelenting life/reduced mana cost cluster, and that significantly dropped my mana cost for Incinerate, and still retained the life nodes needed. I can sustain Incinerate much longer now.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I'm experimenting with an AR/EV Incinerate because, hey, that's what fits in a Belly of the Beast.
Two Energized Armour and a ton of EV/ES nodes and i'm doing 7k tooltip with a level 19 Incinerate supported by Reduced Mana. One Elreon piece later and I'm infinite sustaining while running Grace and AA. (4 mana incinerate)

At stage 4 this is 28k dps.
This doesn't seem impressive, but I doubt any other spell could come near that dps with so little investment. Takes maybe just a little over a full second to "spool up" to full dps.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Oct 10, 2015, 5:54:01 AM
... in the current meta Incinerate is "op" because everything else sucks. Nerf Incinerate while not buffing all the other spells and you leave a lot of people with nothing left.
Personally I don't care, Incinerate is probly the most boring skill to use because you don't have to think about it much, press a single button and it works, in my opinion. Never used it again since... nemesis(!?) but eh... EVERYBODY around me cares. There are literally no other casters out there >.< (except you consider SRS as a spellcaster).
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
... in the current meta Incinerate is "op" because everything else sucks. Nerf Incinerate while not buffing all the other spells and you leave a lot of people with nothing left.
Personally I don't care, Incinerate is probly the most boring skill to use because you don't have to think about it much, press a single button and it works, in my opinion. Never used it again since... nemesis(!?) but eh... EVERYBODY around me cares. There are literally no other casters out there >.< (except you consider SRS as a spellcaster).

Everything else sucks because every build needs 9k ehp+, which basicly only incinerate can do while still doing good damage. They have to nerf the builds that can go full defense on tree and still mash out damage. and then nerf the damage on a lot of mobs. Simple as that
Slightly nerf incinerate.

Massively buff other skills.

Let's not continue the nerf cycle where we nerf stuff into oblivion and then buff 2-3 things that become meta.

If they want to SERIOUSLY nerf incinerate without making it completely useless, you may remove it being able to be linked to spell echo (and maybe a buff somewhere else if it's too weak then). Still too many low end skills in this game now that need help like fireball.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 10, 2015, 6:46:40 AM
They should remove shotgunning!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Guys, why no one mentioned Poison Arrow? That skill (PA) has highest MF potential, highest eHP pool, best defense (and all possible variation), best damage and clear speed, etc facts while make you free to go and manually dodge with doing insane damage in same time.

Poison Arrow even more OP (overpowered) then any skill in game.

Also it's the most cheapest possible build to do Uber Atziri and most fast also.
You took all MS node, all HP node, etc crazy stuff and still kill Uber in a sec.

There was stream where guy used just quiver and bow (no other items equipped) and easy killed Uber while she cannot do anything to him, he just one shot and run. It no possible for Incinerate or any melee skill, not even ranged (phys or elem bow) can do the same.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Guys, why no one mentioned Poison Arrow? That skill (PA) has highest MF potential, highest eHP pool, best defense (and all possible variation), best damage and clear speed, etc facts while make you free to go and manually dodge with doing insane damage in same time.

Poison Arrow even more OP (overpowered) then any skill in game.

Also it's the most cheapest possible build to do Uber Atziri and most fast also.
You took all MS node, all HP node, etc crazy stuff and still kill Uber in a sec.

There was stream where guy used just quiver and bow (no other items equipped) and easy killed Uber while she cannot do anything to him, he just one shot and run. It no possible for Incinerate or any melee skill, not even ranged (phys or elem bow) can do the same.

Don't think hvc would accept such challenge but the best way of balancing would be... watch havoc's stream and w/e he plays... nerf it or bring it in line with other skills. This guy is an OP-indicator :D

j/k... eh.. no it's true... /end QQ
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info