Risk vs reward, hc vs softcore challenge leagues.

I feal ppl from ggg is missing a vital part.

Risk reward system.

it shud be much more rewarding to play a HC league..
1: you have to slow your progression, avoide stuff.. chicken out of many situations. and generaly spec less offences/clear speed.
to stack defences its harder to use iir gear and if so you run easy content(lower drops)

there for to stay pare in general you need better drops.

2: you die and have to rebuild from scracth.
this obvious requires more ggg uniques dropped. since most ppl i know build 3-5 top lvl toons full geared doing a 3 month. also there is no recycling sell of rip gear..
and hench point 1 ppl are not stacking as much iir or speed as on softcore its harder to get/expencive.

3: hardcore is just abit more cool. and it shud be a banner for all players to be hardcore.. = better players.
there for chosing a softcore league shud also be known as less rewarding leading back to the topic. reward vs risk.. the motivation hammer of all.

hardcore is fine to be harder but getting the gear shud not be the issue.. also alot of ppl i know play softcore league to "earn currency" back to there softcore stash. meaning its a grinding fest. more then a way to have a challenge and have fun.

Discuss
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Since playing hardcore is a choice and not mandatory i think droprates are fine.
do u think more ppl wud play hc if the drops where significant better then softcore?

idk? i just personaly feal its abit counter productive playing hc. when knowing that the std league is dropping more loot.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
hardcore characters that die roll into softcore, so no they don't deserve better droprates or people would just build MF characters in HC and make mules to transfer awesome loot to their SC characters.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Better drops makes the game easier. Doesn't sound very hardcore to me. Neither does having a quick recovery from dying. The point of hardcore is spending a day dwelling on whatever stupid mistake got you killed why you dredge through most boring part of the game for the 100th time. You know, to becoming a "better player".
"
Jauer wrote:
I feal ppl from ggg is missing a vital part.

Spoiler
Risk reward system.

it shud be much more rewarding to play a HC league..
1: you have to slow your progression, avoide stuff.. chicken out of many situations. and generaly spec less offences/clear speed.
to stack defences its harder to use iir gear and if so you run easy content(lower drops)

there for to stay pare in general you need better drops.

2: you die and have to rebuild from scracth.
this obvious requires more ggg uniques dropped. since most ppl i know build 3-5 top lvl toons full geared doing a 3 month. also there is no recycling sell of rip gear..
and hench point 1 ppl are not stacking as much iir or speed as on softcore its harder to get/expencive.

3: hardcore is just abit more cool. and it shud be a banner for all players to be hardcore.. = better players.
there for chosing a softcore league shud also be known as less rewarding leading back to the topic. reward vs risk.. the motivation hammer of all.

hardcore is fine to be harder but getting the gear shud not be the issue.. also alot of ppl i know play softcore league to "earn currency" back to there softcore stash. meaning its a grinding fest. more then a way to have a challenge and have fun.

Discuss

I play exclusively HC leagues and I kinda disagree. HC contra SC is not about risk/reward, for me its purely about the risk. I choose to play hardcore because I like the risk, but I still want to play the (almost) same game as the SC peeps. I just like the risk.

Now I wont complain about some loot-pinata mods, I dont want it handed to me just because Im playing HC.
Last edited by kussekurt on Oct 9, 2015, 10:34:07 AM
no it shudn't.

The leagues are separate, almost. The economy of standard is one of it's few features, and allowing a league to feed into it with improved "rewards" would ruin play in the standard league. They should remain the same rule set other than the death penalty.
"
ThorWulf wrote:
Since playing hardcore is a choice and not mandatory i think droprates are fine.

Well played.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
hardcore should be made proud of it's name by making a character death permanent.
which should be compensated with slightly higher drop rates.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think a lot of people don't understand the concept of Hardcore leagues if they are asking for higher base drop rates and loot (ie. not tied into doing something special like Tempest was).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info