Risk vs reward, hc vs softcore challenge leagues.

Once had play HC to get MTX or challange done in one of events.

I don't want to be "forced" to play HC beccause HC get better items.

Also afaik most HC players dont play HC for items but for bragging rights and because it is more exciting.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 9, 2015, 12:44:18 PM
no
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I think the main issue here, is that the hardcore that rip don't go to the same league's softcore but to std.
Would make many 'try for to see for to know', and if dead, then maybe reroll or continue in softcore.
I personally solely played HC but... Half the deaths are GGG's bugged part or just desync and that they can't ressurect, in ANY case, as GGG stated.
They should make a filter, so if you rip and had 300+ pingspike for the last seconds before the rip it would say dead: resync your char due to fault on our side.

Running at downloadspeeds of 28MB/sec so NO the net is all good.
Therefore I gave up HC - after 3 80+ chars non ownfault rips you will see my point.

I don't play standard cause I played this game since CB. I make new builds with 3-5 of my characters and see if it's good for the upcoming league and then take a break for a while, until start of new league.

I can bet the dinosaurs here are doing the same/similar whom have beem playing since ClosedBeta.

I like the 4months leagues more than just 3, as I am not a nolifer.

Edit: typo

No Problem,
Exile
Last edited by TheExile777 on Oct 9, 2015, 1:08:41 PM
"
Jauer wrote:
3: hardcore is just abit more masochistic. and it shud be a banner for all players to be hardcore.. = better internet connection/stability.

FTFY

Last edited by Donut_Harvest on Oct 9, 2015, 1:17:10 PM
My only wish as a softcore player is that softcore leagues get a bit harder.

I always play my chars like its hardcore (but the time lost in dying in hardcore is a turn off i can't afford to start over)

With the latets manifesto I think leagues are going to be more interesting overall :D
For those that want more difficulty... try playing the game without trading. Put away all those nifty toys you've bought and try to make it on what the game gives you for that character. It's not easy.
ty for all the good comments. i realy appricate em all and they all carry wisdom.

in general i think its about a individual perspective, about what hc is to one person.. personaly its about riding hard.. and when u fall of the horse getting fast back up. meaning back to 90+ with 6l coil or shav. and rares with 4-5 tier 1 ect ect.

meaning a build i can challenge endgame content with..

but thats just me.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
"
TheExile777 wrote:
They should make a filter, so if you rip and had 300+ pingspike for the last seconds before the rip it would say dead: resync your char due to fault on our side.

Lol, I have a 500+ lag spike literally twice per minute on average.

Which, btw, is the reason I think the SC death penalty sucks. And the reason I don't play hardcore (amongst other things).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 9, 2015, 5:41:35 PM
if there was better/more drops in hc it whould be too easy, HC is ment as a challenge, and its allready lame sonce u become sc on death, so its not really real HC
Set sail for epic fail
HC doesn't get more loot the same reason why no trading/self found doesn't get more loot.

Just because you choose to play a way doesn't mean you are special.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info