GGG Logic

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Increases and reductions are strictly defined as +/-x% to y, with several sources stacking additively.

These words are not used in their "general Meaning" in PoE. Never.

So CI is not a decrease to life, and +20 life is not an increase.

100x this.

A lot of things I thought were "weird" with PoE logic I eventually realized were specific terms being applied very, very strictly. A necessity, I think, to communicate strict mathematical relationships without actually writing everything down in formal math.

That still leaves a lot of "this is unbalanced so we'll make an exception" cases which do drive me a little bit mad. I ran Vengeance+CoH+Punishment+Fortify for an embarassingly long time before I noticed that I wasn't getting the Fortify buff, for example. :P
Have modem, will travel!

Silas' Gear & Gems: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/426367
It is not that they are using the words strictly.

Increased, Reduced, More, Less, etc... are explicit tags labeling specific variables and mechanics in the game.

Energy From Within: Increases and Reductions to Life in Radius are Transformed to apply to Energy Shield

This is why they are capitalized in descriptions along with Life, Radius, Transformed, and Energy Shield.

Energy From Within doesn't apply to nodes that increase and reduce health. It applies to nodes that are Increases and Reductions to Life.

"
ihasmario wrote:
GGG Logic: "The item is doing the damage, you are not"

This was pretty funny.
2x counterattack gems work when unarmed, one does not...
don't forget 1 more.

problem People getting nerfed.

GGG logic that 1 dude who is streaming nonestop got really OP or getting too much loot farming same mob over and over or got to lvl 100 in 1 day lets nerf it :D.

can't wait for GGG when they go on a trip to a bar or a park or something, they will see so many people alive and having fun. I wonder how GGG will nerf that :D
These are all issues in which balance is much more important than "logic". This game has a lot of very complex mechanics, which could potentially be exploited (more so than desired) if the logic behind every aspect were completely consistent.

There may be a lot to confuse newer players, but I think part of the fun of the game has been to master all the various rules and mechanics at play. It increases the difference between a new player and an experienced player, and that learning curve is part of why this game has such longevity compared to simpler games, like Diablo 3 and Torchlight.
"

given pretty much every weapon node in the Skilldrasil directly affects you.

Nice word choice
Problem: The bird can't fly

GGG logic: The bird can fly, we just refuse to open the cage.
Problem: Wild Strike

GGG logic: (Someone please fill this in)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info