GGG Logic

"
ihasmario wrote:
RF turns off when you reach 1 HP, so you can't use it with CI at all without the jewel - which doesn't work anyway :)

Dammit!
Forget about logic this does not work well in POE.

For exemple logic would say Ranged bow skills would loose dps the more it s far from the player or logic would say Crit should never be close to even 50% chance, or that logic would say Ranged casters should be able to miss.

Poe world is so out of logic that even ask for balance is illogic :/

Like "strike" and facebreaker.
Why a strike is not considered unarmed? Poe logic is weird and always will be.

Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
or that logic would say Ranged casters should be able to miss.

I agree, they should be able to.

I'd also like to see damage over time being considered as damage for the sake of conversion - or they fix the language around them to avoid this confusion.

"30% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning Damage" for example from Lightning Coil doesn't work on Blood Rage.
"
These are painfully bad arguments.

On both sides. GGG are constantly caught in their own quagmire of complexity and exceptions to rules they had no idea would ever be questioned, but the OP fails to sufficiently argue against GGG's logic, which, for all its convolution, IS logical.

But that last one is the most forced. It should be fairly obvious by now that weapon damage is considered 'your damage' given pretty much every weapon node in the Skilldrasil directly affects you.

Going to strongly disagree with you at least on the energy from within example. It doesn't matter what my max life actually is, the jewel clearly affects nearby passives and anything listed as a life increase should be converted into es.

In fact.... Ive never even questioned that that's how it worked, even as CI (which shouldn't matter). Can anyone confirm the OP on it not?
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
"
Okanitu wrote:
In fact.... Ive never even questioned that that's how it worked, even as CI (which shouldn't matter). Can anyone confirm the OP on it not?

A point of clarity - I'm referring to the CI node not being considered a "reduction to life".

"
ihasmario wrote:
A point of clarity - I'm referring to the CI node not being considered a "reduction to life"

It isn't a reduction because it isn't reducing your life by any amount, it is setting it to a specific amount regardless of the previous amount. Since 1 is the lowest number health can be, it always makes it a lower number, but that doesn't change the fact that it is making it a specific value and not reducing the old value.
"
ihasmario wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
]Hmm, why? You can apply Fortify through Reckoning at melee range only, so non-melee chars wouldn't get any bonuses from one working with another anyway.

I presume you'd be able to get fortify on a caster in melee range while you block. I don't think this is necessarily an issue after GGG fixes the clear speed problem they've been having with melee (which they've kind of done).
so what? it is melee range, after all. that's even bigger risk for squishy caster.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Duplicate
Last edited by ihasmario on Oct 7, 2015, 10:25:16 AM
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
ihasmario wrote:
A point of clarity - I'm referring to the CI node not being considered a "reduction to life"

It isn't a reduction because it isn't reducing your life by any amount, it is setting it to a specific amount regardless of the previous amount. Since 1 is the lowest number health can be, it always makes it a lower number, but that doesn't change the fact that it is making it a specific value and not reducing the old value.

This is the problem with GGG logic.

Another - the +20 life on the Constitution keystone in the Scion Life Wheel does not count as an increase to life for the purposes of energy within.

How is this at all reasonable?
Increases and reductions are strictly defined as +/-x% to y, with several sources stacking additively.

These words are not used in their "general Meaning" in PoE. Never.

So CI is not a decrease to life, and +20 life is not an increase.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 7, 2015, 10:57:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info