Lets Talk About CI.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

So your argument now is that CI melee is worse than life melee because CI melee is more expensive? That's it?

Here's some reasons that make life melee bad:

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

1. What would happen if you took your RT friends into some -max maps where their armor/coil doesn't mean anything? 6k life and 30k armor certainly doesn't sound good to me when it comes to fighting dischargers, freezepulsers, and cannibals with 60 res. Also bearers.

Get Kaom's/Belly for such maps and you would have comparable EHP yet 30k armor. Also, as I recall Etup had 8k HP with coil at lvl 100. 8k HP + coil + armor vs 9K ES - hard to choose? So what the point? I can suggest you compare vulnerablity map mod and HP+coil+armor vs ES+nakedAss :)

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

2. Or how about they get bopped by some zombies despite huge armor?

How about to not jump on pack of blue zombies like a clown? Or how about the fact what armorless 9K ES user would die similary/faster in such situation?

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

3. Or die to fracture ele reflect because vaal pact is so far away? Do you realize how big of a buff the movement of vaal pact is for CI and hybrid?

CI in the past most of the time got US, and VP was on the way to US. And you still have to get US now (Do not foget Acuity as well, btw, less relevant to temp leagues ofc). So nothing changed since then (unless you using chayula, like you, hehe). Also, RaizQT played bad on this map, they did not even realise what hurting them, till RIP.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on Oct 8, 2015, 8:05:49 AM
"
qquno wrote:

Get Kaom's/Belly for such maps and you would have comparable EHP yet 30k armor. Also, as I recall Etup had 8k HP with coil at lvl 100. 8k HP + coil + armor vs 9K ES - hard to choose? So what the point? I can suggest you compare vulnerablity map mod and HP+coil+armor vs ES+nakedAss :)

no Im sorry that doesnt hold up at all. Etup had 8k hp? Yeah on a build that stacked all the hp under the sun, then you compare it to a 9k es build which is basically glass cannon as fk. If you stack es the way etup stacks life you have an 18k+ es build, not a 9k es build.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
If you stack es the way etup stacks life you have an 18k+ es build, not a 9k es build.

Not rly, ES is primary defensive stat on gear, while life is secondary. Gear with high ES is way more expensive.
CI has been badly designed for years now due to being extremelly similar to life. It should be different as it was in closed beta. The way it is now, it will always be superior or inferior to life overall, instead of introducing a different playstyle. As i remember the situation when i was playing(which means 1 and half year ago), usually life was better on low/mid tier gear, CI was better on the high end, Low life was the best at the absolute high end.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I lvl'd to 100 as CI reave and had no problems. I didn't skip bosses while leveling and did all of them lvl 79-82 except for Core because that's a bit too risky to attempt when there's xp to lose. Will give him a go soon now that I have nothing to lose I think.
It did result in 1 death at a 81 Conservatory with double boss and Enfeeble. I can outleech the lightning beam when I normally do this boss, but with 2 of them + Enfeeble I wasn't getting enough back. Tried to Whirl away, but it was someone else's map and I had 200 ping there so I was too slow. I also have crappy reaction speed. Other than this instance, there were no issues doing high lvl content. I even did a beyond map in an 82 rot where I solo'd multiple beyond bosses while the rest of the party looked on (they didn't want to risk it and I feel pretty confident that I could tank + kill them by myself, which I did).

CI gets expensive, but I tried life based Reave as well and I like CI much better. Felt too squishy to play with 5k hp (I know you can get more, but I want to keep dps above 500k), and dodge/eva doesn't prevent you from getting 1-hit in higher lvl maps if a hit goes through. You'd need actual mitigation from armor/end charges/AA and such, but as I said, I prefer high dps to survivability and I think CI is the better option then. When you leech back to full almost instantly, having a higher pool of ES just feels safer than a lower pool of hp. When I do Uber, I normally just tank the flameblasts and leech back to full before she can get another hit in. If a spear hits at the same time I'm fucked though. Max block helps with that at least.

I will say though, that not having Blood Rage makes me sad.
Last edited by Exiled_Wanderer on Oct 8, 2015, 9:16:44 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
If you stack es the way etup stacks life you have an 18k+ es build, not a 9k es build.

Not rly, ES is primary defensive stat on gear, while life is secondary. Gear with high ES is way more expensive.

yes really, we are not talking about how expensive something is, etup was running around with a mirrored axe he was hardly short on cash. If you have an 8k life build while wearing a coil you have gone ham as fk on life, if you go just as ham on es ull have 18k+ es. A build with 9k es is a joke, even builds that use hybrid gear and have 5-10k armour or evasion should have more than 9k es for just a standard, balanced build. A build that goes as extreme on hp pool as etup does using pure es gear will not have 9k es. These glass cannon 500k dps people might run around with mirrored gear and 9k es builds... because they are pure glass cannon builds, you cant compare etup who probably had a 40k dps build and invested everything into defense with a build that invests fuck all in defense and has 500k dps and say look how broken ci is this life build is more tanky, thats absurd. You could use a lightning coil on a ci build and still have over 10k es and 100k dps if you actually make a balanced build, not an autistically defensive build or however its been described here, a balanced build that specs good defense and good damage.
Currently 7.1k es on the 1-month league (which is like a week old soonish?)

And that's with a staff, so i am not using a major ES piece, which would put me at around 9 to 10k i imagine.

Hardly having any issue's, just like life builds, melee is more expensive and troublesome to play(go figure?) then ranged. that's not a CI problem, that's just a game-state and balance issue one that most likely will never be solved.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I lvl'd to 100 as CI reave and had no problems. I didn't skip bosses while leveling and did all of them lvl 79-82 except for Core because that's a bit too risky to attempt when there's xp to lose. Will give him a go soon now that I have nothing to lose I think.
It did result in 1 death at a 81 Conservatory with double boss and Enfeeble. I can outleech the lightning beam when I normally do this boss, but with 2 of them + Enfeeble I wasn't getting enough back. Tried to Whirl away, but it was someone else's map and I had 200 ping there so I was too slow. I also have crappy reaction speed. Other than this instance, there were no issues doing high lvl content. I even did a beyond map in an 82 rot where I solo'd multiple beyond bosses while the rest of the party looked on (they didn't want to risk it and I feel pretty confident that I could tank + kill them by myself, which I did).

CI gets expensive, but I tried life based Reave as well and I like CI much better. Felt too squishy to play with 5k hp (I know you can get more, but I want to keep dps above 500k), and dodge/eva doesn't prevent you from getting 1-hit in higher lvl maps if a hit goes through. You'd need actual mitigation from armor/end charges/AA and such, but as I said, I prefer high dps to survivability and I think CI is the better option then. When you leech back to full almost instantly, having a higher pool of ES just feels safer than a lower pool of hp. When I do Uber, I normally just tank the flameblasts and leech back to full before she can get another hit in. If a spear hits at the same time I'm fucked though. Max block helps with that at least.

I will say though, that not having Blood Rage makes me sad.

yeah i know, i sold onslaught song shield to you as you can remember.

In life builds you can focus on frenzy charges(6-7) and get as good as dps(10~% lower than CI still according to my calculations) CI. When you use frenzy vs single target single target dps gets very very close. %2-3 difference according to my item base. With abyssus you can get same even a bit more dps than CI, but i prefer not taking abyssus into consideration cause i havent tested abyssus in 81-82 maps probably i'd be rekt. Belly provides like 6200-6600 life according to my tests with 40~% reduction which is good. a HC pro uses ES + armor shield and uses abyssus. Gets really high damage. Thats also a possibility. Endurance charges benefit life builds really well, since end charge passives are close to life areas. You can simply facetank trio at über. Assuming you are spamming enduring cry in boss areas, As long you dont get one shotted, 6000~ life with 40 reduction + acro + eva is much much better than 10K ES. Well After i ''upgraded'' my build to life build, i liked this gameplay muuuch much more to be honest and thats the origin of me creating this thread. I was like... ''what kind of pain in the ass was using that CI build'' i realized after changing my build to life base.

One thing is true that vs spell damage(über atziri) CI base is much much better. Though, Über hits me raaaarely with her spears because of eva. Thats good too.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
As long you dont get one shotted, 6000~ life with 40 reduction + acro + eva is much much better than 10K ES. Well After i ''upgraded'' my build to life build, i liked this gameplay muuuch much more to be honest and thats the origin of me creating this thread. I was like... ''what kind of pain in the ass was using that CI build'' i realized after changing my build to life base.

Yes 6k life with 15k armor and 30% eva and acro is more tanky against phys damage than 10k es and 8k armor. But it doesn't do anything against elemental or -max. Yes life pots are strong, but they require micro and reaction, the very thing you complained about making CI hard to play.

So you can level to 100 as ci melee, and you can level to 100 as life melee. You can do all the content in the game as either one. So if you prefer life, play it. If you prefer CI play it.

Many people in this thread are telling you that ci works. Hybrid works. Life works.

If you think life is more efficient then you should play it. Clearly others think ci or hybrid is more efficient, and that's why they play that way. When you start talking about micro or item costs it becomes very vague and no one can prove anything. All builds require micro. Item costs vary by league.

As a last note, stop shitting on hybrid, especially since you've never tried it. One of mine is 95, the other is 99.5. Both done in warbands. Both have killed uber (with 25 and 45 ex of gear respectively) with 1-2 deaths, and the 99 one has killed core malachai with only 1 death. Absolutely viable for all content in game, and the gear is cheap in temp leagues.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
As long you dont get one shotted, 6000~ life with 40 reduction + acro + eva is much much better than 10K ES. Well After i ''upgraded'' my build to life build, i liked this gameplay muuuch much more to be honest and thats the origin of me creating this thread. I was like... ''what kind of pain in the ass was using that CI build'' i realized after changing my build to life base.

Yes 6k life with 15k armor and 30% eva and acro is more tanky against phys damage than 10k es and 8k armor. But it doesn't do anything against elemental or -max. Yes life pots are strong, but they require micro and reaction, the very thing you complained about making CI hard to play.

So you can level to 100 as ci melee, and you can level to 100 as life melee. You can do all the content in the game as either one. So if you prefer life, play it. If you prefer CI play it.

Many people in this thread are telling you that ci works. Hybrid works. Life works.

If you think life is more efficient then you should play it. Clearly others think ci or hybrid is more efficient, and that's why they play that way. When you start talking about micro or item costs it becomes very vague and no one can prove anything. All builds require micro. Item costs vary by league.

As a last note, stop shitting on hybrid, especially since you've never tried it. One of mine is 95, the other is 99.5. Both done in warbands. Both have killed uber (with 25 and 45 ex of gear respectively) with 1-2 deaths, and the 99 one has killed core malachai with only 1 death. Absolutely viable for all content in game, and the gear is cheap in temp leagues.

my first first first ever build was hybrid build, Infernal Mantle + Empower + incinerate :)

it was self found build, working well but i was too noob to make it really work with big efficience.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info