Lets Talk About CI.

Ci is pretty much dead
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Ci is pretty much dead

Its been dead since the release of awakening. And to be honest it doesn't seem as if they care either.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
CI is fucking terrible there's really nothing to talk about I mean you can make it work don't get me wrong but it is very punishing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Some good unique besides "eye of chayula" or some master mod "can't be stunned" could somewhat help CI/Hybrid builds.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
Rupenus wrote:

CI:
940ES chest, 300 ES gloves, 260ES boots, 500 ES helmet, 540 ES shield

2540 approximately.

You forgot discipline (315), the fact that you can get 20% ES on rings, 2x% on amu, and you can get 200% ES easily from tree, but 200%+ life is hard for many builds.

Also there are plenty of good CI builds in 2.0, you just seem to not be aware of them.

Incinerate 100k DPS 10k ES

Scold's Vaal Molten Shell 300k DPS 10k ES (this is my build, I played life/es hybrid, but it would be viable as CI)

Whispering Ice 4.7k tooltip 13k ES

Mjolner 100k DPS 12kES + 1.4k ES/sec regen
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Yes, that whispering ice ci build looks nice. I think alot of people don't like ci but not because there are no good builds.
Censored.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

CI:
940ES chest, 300 ES gloves, 260ES boots, 500 ES helmet, 540 ES shield

2540 approximately.

You forgot discipline (315), the fact that you can get 20% ES on rings, 2x% on amu, and you can get 200% ES easily from tree, but 200%+ life is hard for many builds.

Also there are plenty of good CI builds in 2.0, you just seem to not be aware of them.

Scold's Vaal Molten Shell 300k DPS 10k ES (this is my build, I played life/es hybrid, but it would be viable as CI)

Whispering Ice 4.7k tooltip 13k ES

Mjolner 100k DPS 12kES + 1.4k ES/sec regen

I like how people try to prove me wrong instead of seeing the point of my whole article.

Do numbers really matter? You can get 18K ES build too. And you can get 13K life build too. I myself had a 15K Whispering Ice build for example. Whispering Ice is totally different topic though, Whispering ice is solid but CI is not only about whispering ice.

I had 640K reave dps, 10K ES build but it was not a pleasant char to play with. As i said earlier in my main post, on paper sheet CI builds seem really WOWOWWO ITS GREAT MLG 420 BUILD, but in practice you'll face many problems, you'll see. Vs Old meta, for example vsüber CI is still good but for 80+ maps, where you need very high tankiness more than your DPS or very high leech to recover back what you lost, CI is really awful compared to life build efficiency.

***this incinerate build has no 80, 81, 82 level videos. I ignore that. Im really curious how is an incinerator CI build able to leech back what they lose in hard maps.
***The Mjölner build you linked me is easily 1000ex build, as i said, give me 1000ex, i can make anything viable. My current build is 1800ex worth build, i have 600K buffed split arrow dps. Money can make it true.
*** the vaal molten shell build is Hybrid build first of all, and playing 2200 life vs chaos resist is really pain in the *ss. Sorry, no offense but that build is a joke. Making a build CI changes things a lot, since you gotta lose points to be stun immune. Your Life pool would drop to 1200~ HP, so youll be more stunned than hybrid version. Stun avoidance is not additive btw, 65+35 is not 100 in stun avoidance mechanics.
as you can notice i mostly talked about CI Melee builds, CI caster is still good since it has more stun protection than melee builds, but as i understood, CI is going to be viable for casters Only? Thats okay then, no problem?

Whole uniques, gems, setup, tree, all are beeing able to only offer CI incinerator build which can deal with über atziri?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 5, 2015, 11:14:41 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

I like how people try to prove me wrong instead of seeing the point of my whole article.

Do numbers really matter?

***this incinerate build has no 80, 81, 82 level videos. I ignore that. Im really curious how is an incinerator CI build able to leech back what they lose in hard maps.
***The Mjölner build you linked me is easily 1000ex build, as i said, give me 1000ex, i can make anything viable. My current build is 1800ex worth build, i have 600K buffed split arrow dps. Money can make it true.
*** the vaal molten shell build is Hybrid build first of all, and playing 2200 life vs chaos resist is really pain in the *ss. Sorry, no offense but that build is a joke. Making a build CI changes things a lot, since you gotta lose points to be stun immune. Your Life pool would drop to 1200~ HP, so youll be more stunned than hybrid version.
as you can notice i mostly talked about CI Melee builds, CI caster is still good since it has more stun protection than melee builds, but as i understood, CI is going to be viable for casters Only? Thats okay then, no problem?

What point? CI has better DPS and more EHP at the cost of having to figure out how to deal with stuns.

If numbers don't matter then why did you put them in your post? The point is you can get 10k ES with good DPS, but there are very few life builds that hit 7k+ with good DPS. This is relevant when considering 1shots in vulnerability or -max maps.

The incinerate build can easily do anything except Core Malachai, if you don't think so, then you haven't tried incinerate yet.

As I said, the VMS build is mine, and I am telling you that you can do it CI, but you'll have to make a few changes (Heart of Oak + Leo helm). I leveled to 95 with it in warbands, and killed uber (also in warbands) for about 15ex of gear. How is that a joke? 2-3k life is fine if you have 30+ chaos res.

CI CoE reave is still strong. Just use surgeon flasks and vaal pact.

For other stuff CI isn't going to be good simply because of where the keystone is located.

"
Rupenus wrote:

Whole uniques, gems, setup, tree, all are beeing able to only offer CI incinerator build which can deal with über atziri?

Here's a tree: Scion L85 tree. After that probably get more spell/elem damage.

For blue mobs use a helmet with Leo's avoid stuns mod.

For bosses (Atziri's Split Phase, Trio, Vaals) use Scold's bridle. Vaal Molten Shell - Fire Pen - Echo - Increased Duration

6L: Incinerate - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Fire Pen - Faster Casting - Faster Proj or LMP (for blues) / Slower Proj (for Atziri) / Culling Strike (for Valls and Trio)

CWDT - Warlords Mark

Disclipine + Purity of Fire + Clarity

I do not believe ZO is in a bad place at all, those versions of CI do not need buffing.

Same deal with GR with VP. Life Leech in general was nerfed, VP still strong.

ES recharge is strong with Soul Strike but weak otherwise, really need something like that for staves. Preferrably rare affix.

Non-VP GR needs some love. I'd put leech rate nodes behind GR, useless for VP but needed otherwise.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info