[2.2] CWDT EXTREME EDITION - AFK KILL MAP BOSSES

I asked from lvl 72 - 85 maps if this build can manage it... :/(
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Oct 30, 2015, 7:11:46 AM
You dnt specify if clicking 1 flask and then the other, if Doedres msut ahve 50 charged use, and other stuff. The thread its Away.

The build dsnt work on my enve the correct CWDT lvl compared to skill active gems, cant spamm, so u dnt say some stuff correctly on ur post.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Hi Execreth,

I put an explanation of which gem levels you need a while ago on the thread. Also for triggering just click Doedre's and then a life flask, repeatedly, with at least 0.25 seconds before you click it again, while keeping up your diamond flask.

You can manage semi high level maps, but don't expect to be welcome in parties, its a pretty GPU intensive build.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 21, 2015, 11:20:40 AM
I made a little Video of some T11-T13 Maps since some people asked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuecb3T7x0&feature=youtu.be

This Build is more laggy in indoor maps for some reason (at least while recording)... So I unfortunately could not record Excavation and Conservatory since i dont wanna loose EXP for a Video :P

Greetings
Very nice vid Yalani! Added it to the main post :)
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Any reason you don't take the alchemist cluster? Does it not increase the amount of damage Doedre's Elixir deals to you?

Edit: after playing the build myself I'm realizing how unimportant those nodes are.

Also, I've been tinkering with the spells used for cwdt and found that firestorm is actually really great for sustaining charges vs bosses in general. The high base crit chance coupled with the fact that 20 fireballs can crit per cast allowed me to finally sustain potions against bosses. Will test on curse resistant mobs to see if it works on them as well.
[2.1] Harvest Blade Vortex - 70% phys mitigation perma flask build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1564887
[1.2] Naked Marauder Build - end game build with no clothes!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1031339
Last edited by hypernegus on Nov 28, 2015, 11:08:44 PM
"
The high base crit chance coupled with the fact that 20 fireballs can crit per cast allowed me to finally sustain potions against bosses. Will test on curse resistant mobs to see if it works on them as well.

I'm fairly sure you can only obtain 1 flask charge per enemy per spell. Try selfcasting firestorm on empty flasks with maxed crit chance. I mainly dont use firestorm because it's quite demanding on my pc, and it had a delay, meaning if you're running around clearing maps you likely do less damage.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 29, 2015, 6:56:20 AM
"
0flip wrote:

I'm fairly sure you can only obtain 1 flask charge per enemy per spell. Try selfcasting firestorm on empty flasks with maxed crit chance. I mainly dont use firestorm because it's quite demanding on my pc, and it had a delay, meaning if you're running around clearing maps you likely do less damage.

Just tested this and you're correct. Firestorm doesn't actually grant extra charges per crit, so it must've just been the 6% base chance making a difference with the diamond flask. If your pc can handle it firestorm does a good deal of damage to stragglers who might have been just outside the initial range of your spells as well as laying down a hefty amount of damage per cast against fat targets.
Gotta say that this is probably one of my favorite builds ever. Been playing this for the past week and leveled my shadow to level 87 - the build just gets better and better with each level. Props to 0flip for the guide!

Probably my favorite aspect of the build is the wealth of interesting options for the endgame. There's just so many variants that you can use with the build (as the Harvest is literally the only fixed item). I've started creating different setups to run different types of maps, and in sum they allow me to run every mod combination except Blood Magic and Elemental weakness at the same time (I could probably do that combo as well, but it wouldn't be as safe).

When I'm just looking to blaze through maps for xp gain (almost 100% of the time), I run a riskier two doedre's, one life, one quicksilver, one diamond flask setup, swapping in the second life flask and conc effect only for the boss fight. If I stop caring about loot, I'm pretty sure I can easily top 100M xp/hour using this setup on T7-9 maps, which means leveling up at least once every two hours of play (though I do die once or twice a level).

With level 6 CWDT's, I've also found that spells alone begin to do enough damage to drop some or all of our damage auras (discharge becomes a huge damage source). In blood magic maps I don't use any auras at all, and while the clear speed is definitely slower, it's still fast enough to clear comfortably. For elemental weakness maps, throwing in purity of elements and vaal (haste/grace) instead of heralds quickly solves resistance issues while giving us free bonus speed/mitigation. Anger - haste is also a good option for elemental equilibrium maps, as it allows every spell other than discharge to reduce enemy resistances for at least one element.

Curses are also easily swapped to suit different maps. Assassin/Ele weakness remains the king of damage and is great on easy maps -- I typically use Assassin/Enfeeble to help prevent getting one-shot by reflect and reduce the damage of dangerous mobs. Depending on the coloring on my Belly, using Warlord's Mark is also a tempting option for the great sustain and reflect protection it provides, but I think I'll be keeping this 4B belly for a while.

Right now I'm planning on scaling my last bit of damage by getting even more life (currently sitting at 5865 life, with a goal of 6k by level 89) and pushing my discharge to level 19 with a level 18 Cast when Damage Taken. Alternatively, I'm also thinking about trying out using discharge every two Doedre's (I currently have mine go off every 3) for more consistent clear.

Also, I've been taking jewel sockets (the witch one and the scion one gated by harrier) over getting generic spell damage bonuses on the tree (I'm using 0flip's tree). I think they're definitely a better choice on the whole, as each one supplies a potential 7% life, multi, and spell damage, all of which are more efficient than generic nodes on the tree.

Gear
Spoiler

So many options on the table! This is a build that continues to excite me with new possibilities.
Last edited by hypernegus on Dec 9, 2015, 12:40:44 AM
bump because I am looking forward to a 2.1 version update.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info