2.0.4 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:

• Your active pet is now retained between sessions. You only need to summon it once and it'll be automatically summoned for that character in the future. To unsummon your pet, click the new button above the microtransaction stash.

OMFG FINALLY YESSSSSSS :D
"
Chris wrote:

• The rate of spawning Warbands has been increased. It's now up to twice as high in some cases (such as leaders and Chaos Warbands).

We expect to deploy this patch in two days, when the challenge leagues end. That's Friday, NZ time.

srsly? wowwwwwww dude...

everything else though? awesomesauce. love you guys and keep up the good work.
"
Your active pet is now retained between sessions. You only need to summon it once and it'll be automatically summoned for that character in the future. To unsummon your pet, click the new button above the microtransaction stash.

Thank you for this !!!
"
Krono555 wrote:
What is the point of tormented spirits now? Since 2.0.2c they've become completely useless for normal players that don't vacuum farm and now this change supposedly addresses vacuum farming so why still have them in the game? You might as well delete them completely and have done with it as it's basically just a damage buff for mobs with zero reward.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 30, 2015, 3:14:04 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Mostly agree with what you are saying except one little note: These changes are intented to be a test at all if things are really unpleasant in production i'm sure they will work a bit more on it :)

I see the mapa drama every years since the game exist ( Read this as: Since maps exist ) so i'm not really more worry than usualy. Are you ? :) Design problem. Not Tier or map level problem / map rng problem.

From all accounts, the change from level to tier is something they've wanted to do for a while and all indicators are that it will be permanent. And it's bad game design.

I'm not worried about the impact it will have on my own experience but more for the new players coming in. I remember when I first learned about ilvl and affix tiers, and how the ilvl for an item is determined.

Now for a new player coming in, they basically will have to keep the wiki open or do math or keep a notepad available or whatever to know what tier = what level of map if they want to farm for a specific ilvl base, until they get used to what map bases equate to the zone level. It's an extra step for them to take that, as you say, is a design issue. For veteran players, it's mostly just annoying, but still a pretty useless thing to list T1-15.

The most important thing about what they're doing with map tiers is the colour indicator, which informs us what level of affixes are available and can give us an estimation on the drop rate expectation. Which they could do just fine without changing the item to read Tier 1-15 instead of map level 68-82.

The ONLY reason I can see T1-15 being good game design is if it's a prepatory move for a major overhaul to the map system forthcoming sometime within the next 12 months.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I don't understand why people are complaining about the map changes. It's just a name change, the zone levels are the same. The warbands buff needed to be done a long time ago, it's better than never though. The more maps less XP change is cool, I think, more maps to run equals more items found. I hope they don't add a divination card to Dried Lake zone, it'll be a huge troll for people farming the Brittle Emperor there.
Nice changes!

Why not reduce cost of Zana's Onslaught mode 8c->6c while at it.
Last edited by Melmak on Sep 30, 2015, 4:07:28 AM
Nice thx. I hope revenant damage didn't get a nerf from the act4 ajustment. Would hurt summoners
"
Your active pet is now retained between sessions

Oh yeah! Little nice and welcome QoL improvement. Thanks a lot!
Back to farming atziri 24/7 like ROBOTS guys, nice torment spirit RIP, but no worries they will be nerfed again. Pretty soon imo cuz another kiddo is going to open the attention seeking contest and sell bunch of mirrors :)
"
I'm not worried about the impact it will have on my own experience but more for the new players coming in. I remember when I first learned about ilvl and affix tiers, and how the ilvl for an item is determined.

I havn't considered that and agree this is a strong argue to not doing Tier instead of map levels.

Still Chris explained these map changes ( on reddit if i remember ) was intented to be a kind of tests to collect further stats etc ... can't really claim it will fail or beeing succeful have to wait seeing it in production.

I think there is a big gap between GGG's expectations and player's one on many subject and map is one of the most discussed every years ( that's what i was pointing sorry for confusion i'm not native speaker ).

Every times something is done regarding map drops it end into many troubles and finaly after few months we just " accept it " as it is. This is what i was pointing as an endgame design problem and not a " numbers adjustements " or Item description / colors problem. It has always been the case.

Now that beeing said what could avoid those problems ?

- Less Rush on release. Dropping a bomb like awakening was awesome except it was clearly impossible for you to handle problems in time and in a way where perspective are enough studied before beeing implemented. 3 more months bêta would have been great here.

- Not considering only forum and reddit discussions this is an average of maybe 3/4% of active userbase and then not enough accurate to base decisions only on that. Some Satisfaction survey would be greatly helpful here allowing you to target different personas aswell. ( please correct me if there is a more appropriate word here ).

- Taking into considerations all personas before changing mapping ...

There are a big difference between:

Standard solo player / standard group player feedback regarding mapping

SC temp league solo player / Group player Warbands feedback regarding mapping

Same for tempest etc ... feedback regarding mapping

Why most of use complained about map drops and to be more accurate wich kind of players complained about map drops / design ? Not a question of Softcore or Hardcore only or supposed " psychologic effect where players want play map of their level " described in dev manifesto.

Still a great work, keep going guys i will send you some coffee one day i swear.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 30, 2015, 4:28:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info