[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

If you're using Added lightning damage, your Flame totem starts to deal lightning damage also, is he still able to shock with fire damage while dealing lightning damage in a same time? I mean, doesn't this combination prevent from shocking from fire damage, while using The Three Dragons helmet (your lightning damage can't shock)?
"
Sitnave wrote:
If you're using Added lightning damage, your Flame totem starts to deal lightning damage also, is he still able to shock with fire damage while dealing lightning damage in a same time? I mean, doesn't this combination prevent from shocking from fire damage, while using The Three Dragons helmet (your lightning damage can't shock)?

Fire damage shocks while lightning damage will freeze. That's how 3 dragons work.
is there a reason you don't take celestial punishment and snowforged passives?

39% increased damage +5% shock/freeze chance for 3 point investment into CP.

43% damage and +30% increased crit chance for 3 point investment into snowforged.

both are along your tree and require no wasted points to get to.
Last edited by catfock on Oct 7, 2015, 1:23:09 PM
"
catfock wrote:

43% damage and +30% increased crit chance for 3 point investment into snowforged.

His tree is not very good. He has the best Flame Totem gear and jewels though.

If he would use a good tree he would probably get 150-160k dps.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Hey, used most of your build for the 1month HC, currently lvl 87 @25k dps.
Saw this post on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ng5xl/guide_how_to_proc_on_kill_effects_with_flame/
tried it out and works perfectly, southbound is pretty nice if you don't want to lose hp and resist and still get powercharges from assassin's mark, really nice for hc! Found some corrupted ones with 6% cast speed for 25c on poe trade, normal ones are only 1c.
BewareTheNewWorldOrder
"
Rusherboy wrote:
"
catfock wrote:

Can you make a better tree? I'm starting to respec from a shitty tree to this one, but I'm interested in your tree now :p

Playing it on 1month SC, shitty dps, shitty life, i hope it gets better. Lv 83.
Quick question. I know Three Dragons is definitely superior for guaranteed shocks. But a rare helm would be better defensively.

If we remove Three Dragons, are we able to shock reliably if we socket Added Lightning Damage to the Flame Totem set-up?

Without the Three Dragons, we can also use Southbound gloves to get proc-on-kill effects which would grant us perma PC up-time.

Thanks.
Last edited by eugenez on Oct 8, 2015, 1:56:35 AM
"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:
"
catfock wrote:

Can you make a better tree? I'm starting to respec from a shitty tree to this one, but I'm interested in your tree now :p

Playing it on 1month SC, shitty dps, shitty life, i hope it gets better. Lv 83.

Level 85 tree :

3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Rusherboy: not that I want to argue with you but the thing is that that is totally different build as you are not using BLOOD MAGIC keystone

thus

you have to have minimally 5 L or 6 L equip to have at least reasonable dmg numbers

i expected that you will post build build on blood magic keystone and just with better allocation which in the end leads to higher DMG

Warband league I did play non crit FLAME TOTEM build and i got ca 25K DPS with 5L so far with this OP one I´m strongly lacking behind but still leveling so let´s see
I Test three added Lightning+dragon combo vs HP+resist helm for maps

I use 10 random maps for ea. total 20 maps i use

From what I Test and base on my observation

Added Lightning+three dragon is more safer while doing maps and leveling than rare helm why? from summon your totem enemy will automatically shock+freeze combo before they can reach your position or hit you.
and does not happening in rare helm its a good combo.

for me the let say 80-90 hp from helm is not good enough or gonna help you from incoming damage if they reach you to be safe from damage shock+freeze combo will prevent it.

Also i agree to catfock that we should take celestial punishment and snowforged why? because added lightning_three dragon combo always shock and freeze all the time and having that tree we have more
2% penetration and 25% more damage don't know if they stock if u shock +25% damage +25% freeze means 50% more damage? + 50% more damage when shock status total 100% more damage? with the combo?.

correct me if I wrong

I did try mana base and blood magic

To be honest its personal preference or taste of play style.

mana base = more dps , can use aura, hybrid hp/es with 2k-3k life with 2k-3k es (low hp need to be careful on boss fight or your die )

blood magic = more hp ( have more survivability on boss fight) you can reach it 5khp-6k hp with right gears and jewels, no mana problems , can use aura but not recommend.

This is my opinion and base observation.

We should all help each other to make awesome totem build, beside we have all same build we gonna benefit all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info