[2.1] How to BM Crit Flame Totem - HC/SC - Up to 100k Tooltip Dps

"
tspcz wrote:
Rusherboy: not that I want to argue with you but the thing is that that is totally different build as you are not using BLOOD MAGIC keystone

thus

you have to have minimally 5 L or 6 L equip to have at least reasonable dmg numbers

i expected that you will post build build on blood magic keystone and just with better allocation which in the end leads to higher DMG

Warband league I did play non crit FLAME TOTEM build and i got ca 25K DPS with 5L so far with this OP one I´m strongly lacking behind but still leveling so let´s see

I don't understand your answer. I take the passives that are spent on the useless pathing to BM and put them to added cast speed and crit multi.

Thus more dps, not less

It's basically the same build except you don't waste alot of passives going for BM.

Just run Clarity as your only aura.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
I am allways open to suggestions, and as mentioned earlier in the thread im happy to hear any discussion for improvements that will benefit everyone.

The Reason I didnt went for Celestial punishment is two-fold.

First: I dont like the pathway of spending 2 points on 14 % elemental damage.

Second: By the time you have points over to pick it up, it becomes allmost irrelevant vs anything that isnt a boss.

Hard bosses will still have a hard time getting shocked and frozen, and for those In my opinion atleast, we need all the damage we can get.

Snowforged falls in a different problem, where it only affects fire damage. We also use added lightning and elemental rolls on wands, which will not get the full benefit of the fire damage.

Comparing the 3 points of doom cast cluster to snowforged is a jump of 4k dps difference in favor of doomcast. Therefor its inferior in my tree, as i approach doom cast in the EB+MoM version somewhat late if at all.

At some point clear speed just doesnt get to much better from pure dps.

This is an observation and decision that I made for myself, and I can totally see that at a different point in the game and progress of gear (most specific jewels) Celestial Punishement is valuable alternative to a jewel slot that wont benefit you much in the first place anyway.

I also prefer the Bloodmagic playstyle opposed to clarity non bm, for map mod viability reasons.
I dont forbid playing it differently, but lets not forget that this is a Bloodmagic Flame totem guide in the first place and not a flame totem guide. ( Otherwise id need to cover all other variants of noncrit, multi curse, sire of shards aswell).

I highly encourage to provide real numerical values of damage health and regen with posted gear and jewels to simulate different settups and maybe find something superior.

Just posting an opinion is nice to give some food for thought but to have some comperable data you need data in the first place.

Regarding the Southbound topic, as this is supposed to be fixed I wont give it to much more attention, while it is very promising to explore.
OP is it possible to convert this into a MF? If so how would you go about it.

EDIT: As for CWDT, IC gems, what level should they be?
Last edited by OneZeroNine on Oct 9, 2015, 10:43:14 AM
Can someone explain to me there still I don't understand.

What the use of Fast Casting sup gem for flame totems?

Does Fast casting for fast summoning only?

or it also affect the cast speed of flame totem (like attack speed)

cast speed on the tree? affect totem cast speed or for summing only?

Last edited by popotm12 on Oct 9, 2015, 4:17:03 AM
popotm12:

exactly as you wrote - Fast Casting -> casting speed is improving the speed in which the totem cast its skill = more damage (same like attack speed)

it is not connected anymore to the summoning of the totem - for that you have to use Totem Placement Speed
"

Would be really nice to hear OP's (or anyone's that already tried it) thoughts on this.

Assume SC league with access to item quantity gem, but not legacy gear.

Also, wouldn't we be gimping it too much going full retarded MF? If so, would there be an optimal balance of dps having some rarity & quantity but still being able to do high end maps?

Speaking solely for solo play and not a party culler.

Thanks in advance!
IGN: Valathyl / I_am_protected / TwoStone
"
Elsanor wrote:
"

Would be really nice to hear OP's (or anyone's that already tried it) thoughts on this.

Assume SC league with access to item quantity gem, but not legacy gear.

Also, wouldn't we be gimping it too much going full retarded MF? If so, would there be an optimal balance of dps having some rarity & quantity but still being able to do high end maps?

Speaking solely for solo play and not a party culler.

Thanks in advance!

I explored some Mf options and from my personal experience i dont think crit flame totems are a good choice for MF and here is why:

Clearspeed vs MF - Having enough dps while using MF pieces will be a challange. With flame totems your aoe coverage is limited and placing speed is the second limitation. So for solo mfing and killing stuff in e.g. dried lake I see those factors be key problems. To circumvent AoE power, sire of shards is a decent choice but this again will cost a lot of single target damage.

For a Totem mf settup that clears reasonably fast and has some decent values of quantity and Rarity id recommend Sire of shards incinerate totems for the reasons mentioned above.

Incinerate is strong without having to invest further into crit ( the stage mechanic is the crit for free so to speak).

This will allow to use 20-30 quanitity with 50-150 rarity, depending on your personal investement, which paired with a high clear speed of dried lake and low lvl maps will yield nice results.
(currently experiment exactly with this settup and compared flame totem to it so its fresh data).

But all of this pales in before Low life Vaal spark crit mf'ing, so unless you dead set on mf'ing with totems, id rather recommend that build. If you want to play with totems, Sire of shards incinerate totems is probably the way to go.

If you only concern is Culling with highest amount of rarity, flame and incirate totem will be just fine as you only are concerned to apply many hits to cull as many targets as possible on average, while having a whide coverage through proj speed and possible increased amounf of projectiles. Boss culling again, not something i particular will delve into, get you max IIR/IIQ going ,pop divination and sap.

EDIT: if you guys are interested in my sire of shards mf/farming settup feel free to check the character "Nanika_Starfish_Totem"
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Oct 10, 2015, 5:04:32 PM
I really like your guide,the build gives amazing damage and is quite cheap ;)

I only have one question and that is why is it better to use a wand then a dagger? Daggers provide you with the same stats as wards, but with 60-80 global crit while wands give 20% increased spelldamge?! do i overlook something here?
"
snsmac wrote:
I really like your guide,the build gives amazing damage and is quite cheap ;)

I only have one question and that is why is it better to use a wand then a dagger? Daggers provide you with the same stats as wards, but with 60-80 global crit while wands give 20% increased spelldamge?! do i overlook something here?

Daggers are indeed strong but for different Reasons

First of all the basic stat question:

Daggers cant roll Projectile speed, and cant roll cast speed.

Therefor it will harder to find a good dagger on average then it is to find a wand (and if you dont rely on faster proj gem you will need to use wands for the proj speed).

This limits also the "perfect" weapon to a 5 mod dagger vs a 6 mod wand. The ceiling is higher with wands.

BUT daggers allow the use of whirling blades for movement, which is very strong.
Should your preference or gear choice fall on daggers, this would be the most compelling reason to use them and is absolutelly a viable choice in that regard.
Just wanted to drop in and thank you for this great guide. Using it in the 1 month and had a lot of fun while gearing up. Was easy to get the 15k dps at start with a 4 Link, just have to say it's easier on most other builds I played to increase the damage, kinda was stuck at 25k with a 5 Link and couldnt get more. Fixed now with a 6Link.

All in all one of the best builds i played so far, thanks again for sharing =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info