My Experience Trawling Through Wraeclast (Jun 30, 2017)

"
Blackdedi wrote:
anything new in 2.6 Legacy leauge?
any 'exotic' leaugestone?

Reefbane had a change applied to it's quantity modifier:
Before 2.6.0 - (30-40)% increased Quantity of Fish Caught
After 2.6.0 - (10-20)% increased Quantity of Fish Caught

Because it had a legacy version at time of the Legacy League it was given the foil treatment, and could be found in the Ancient Reliquary.

As for leaguestones, nothing I could find in game and nothing in the datamine files. Which is a real shame, there were a few fun ones they could have done.
  • Talisman Leaguestone with a Rothead Talisman
  • Tempest Leaguestone with the Tempest of Angling
  • Torment Leaguestone with the Illegal Tormented Fisherman
  • Perandus Leaguestone with Tackle Box

While it is possible there is something not found, it is highly unlikely with how many people were playing during the first month of this league. So, I think the only 'new' thing is the Relic Reefbane.
SO, what's your findings in Harbinger League and 3.0?
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Sep 12, 2017, 4:33:05 AM
"
Stone__Cold wrote:
SO, what's your findings in Harbinger League and 3.0?

Not sure if this will count as a necro, or just being a bad thread host...

...Or both...

Harbinger and Abyss seem to have gone the same way as Legacy, by taking a light approach to the fishing Easter Eggs in game.

I think Harbinger's new fishing element was in the patch notes, "Added 3D art for the following unique items: [...]Song of the Sirens[...]"

I was unable to find anything else during league relating to fishing. No new items, no lure/hook/feather bits from Harbingers or The Beachhead. I was also unable to find any fun puzzle combination with the unique item pieces to assemble a fishing rod (I did not have access to all of the staff pieces, so I might have missed something.) If you can see any arrangements with the pieces worth testing, let me know.

Harbinger Pieces

In Abyss league I feel a great opportunity was missed. Like with the Rot-Head Talisman, a fishing themed Abyssal jewel could have been a rare drop, "Fish Eye, Abyssal Jewel," with the expected fishing affixes. However, no mention on Reddit or here of any such item being found. So it seems nothing to do with the League mechanic.

With War for the Atlas I am making an assumption, fishing rods should be able to drop with either influence. However, based on some light research into the influence mods, it does not appear there are any specific 'Shaper's," "of Shaping," "Eldritch," or "of the Elder" mods for fishing rods. These mods could all be kept server side and this is why there is no information on them, but until one drops, there is no certainty on this. So it appears 3.1 expansion mechanic has the possibility for new fishing elements.

Looking forward into 3.2, I'm just hoping to catch an Albino Rhoa for my Menagerie.

"
ChronoExile wrote:
Looking forward into 3.2, I'm just hoping to catch an Albino Rhoa for my Menagerie.

Never seen one again for a very long time, and I expect they'll not become more common now... ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Never seen one again for a very long time, and I expect they'll not become more common now... ^^

Fully agree, both points. Last one I saw was in Talisman League. And with the restructure of the difficulties in 3.0 these timid rhoas only spawn in one location. Not many would want to run a level 4 zone just for an Easter Egg item.

Now that I am thinking about this more, in the videos we have seen of captures, the monsters whisked away to the Menagerie do not appear to drop any items. Decision Time: Potential crafting silliness vs another feather for the cap.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
Now that I am thinking about this more, in the videos we have seen of captures, the monsters whisked away to the Menagerie do not appear to drop any items.

but they could spend feathers from sacrificing instead of dropping 'directly'...
and it seemed I forgot something (not really active in HC anymore) ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Wearing Fairgrave's Tricorne still works fine in Bestiary.
Last edited by Ant0mate on Mar 29, 2018, 7:04:38 PM

Weird crash while wearing Fairgraves Tricorne, Slither pinch, and the reef bane fishing rod .
"
PrinceSour wrote:
Weird crash while wearing Fairgraves Tricorne, Slither pinch, and the reef bane fishing rod .

VoidGaze, that is a weird one. I don't know of any 1 hand mace/scepter with that name. However, the item name does make me think of the insanity modifier.

---
Bestiary League, 3.2.0
---
As far as I was able to tell or find during Bestiary league, there was no new fishing specific Easter Eggs. This would have been a good place for random 'fish type' to catch. The two closest elements are Einhar's dialogue about fishing, and the ability to catch an Albino Rhoa.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info