My Experience Trawling Through Wraeclast (Jun 30, 2017)

"
1337fun wrote:
"
if you want to find a shav, you need to have a couple wisdom and portal scrolls in your inventory because whenever a person posted a pic on reddit about their newly found shav, they all had the said scrolls in their inventory..

And if u will have 30 stacks of each in ur inventory, than the drop is basically guaranteed. Trust me.

Can confirm, this beeing confirmed!

zzZzzzZzzZz
I've always been intrigued by the whole 'fishing thing' and have created a new character in warbands to follow your assumed rules for rod drops, wearing a tricorne, put it on the moment I reached level 12, have avoided the allflame mission for now, I'm currently on act 4 cruel at level 49 with 8%iiq/8%iir, no rod drop yet.
Hey, I love your theory!

I have Fairgraves alive in undead state on my cullers account, I may wear a tricorne on it to get some drops and test the theory!
anything is everything
There was a theory that an eternal imprint of a fairgarves hat in your inventory also triggered the drop chance.

Has anyone got one not wearing the hat, but having it in their inventory? Might make easier , if it worked.
"
daleroy wrote:
There was a theory that an eternal imprint of a fairgarves hat in your inventory also triggered the drop chance.

Has anyone got one not wearing the hat, but having it in their inventory? Might make easier , if it worked.

There has been no conformation to this theory working. The originator and champion of this theory was Monsta, and unfortunately he has been inactive of late and might not chime in on this for a while.

I also think this would be harder to accomplish in the current state of the game. Eternal Orbs no longer drop, as such they are now much more expensive, and this restricts your play area to test the theory to just the permanent leagues.

In short this is not a theory I will be testing. I will continue to test and make observations based on the wearing a Tricorne theory, and amend the original posts with my findings and new references as they emerge.
Has anyone tried to kill Illegal fisherman or unique ghosted by him with fishing rod while wearing fairgraves tricorne or some combination of this?
Been playing the one month, wearing a Fairgraves', haven't had any rod drops yet but I have come across two Tormented Fishermen! The first touched a few enemies and gripped a rare, upon killing them nothing special dropped at all, today I had another Tormented Fisherman, killed the spirit itself this time, only thing noteworthy that dropped was a crappy rare.. Thinking that Fairgraves' + Tormented Fisherman may boost rod drop chances but as one has yet to drop for me, cannot confirm this.
Last edited by Razor792 on Oct 11, 2015, 6:31:07 AM
I ran around with just Fairgraves Trixornwin my inventory for a few hours, but no drops. Not really long enough to test that theory.

I've noticed that fishing rods have 4 sockets. What if we have the tricorne and rod with the same sockets and 4 linked on while killing a unique with the fisherman ghost in it? GGG seem to like that same socket combo for some recipes, so it might work.
I wonder what would happen if you wore Fairgrave's Tricorne and equipped the fishing road and carried the feather while killing the Pirate Lord boss in sewers when he has the fisherman ghost in him?
I vote this thread gets taken down so no one else can learn what I just read.

/The Fishining confirmed.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info