Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
Tzaina wrote:
I guess i chould care less about those changes, as neither affects me at all, and/or in a way that will only make it harder to obtain currency. (Yes, selling maps instead of running them is a thing).

Anyway.

Where the hell is our new trade-system? Dont get why i´m still forced to interact with people over items.

Sure sure, force people into trading currency and what not via chatt and/or non-PoE official sites, be my guest.

But items? Really?

Not saying we need an AH.... BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO BUY SHIT FROM PEOPLE IN A DIFFERENT TIME-ZONE W/O LOOSING MY JOBB!

Also, people beeing afk for 50% of a league? Yet having B/O set on items?

Really?

- Time to start focusing on real problems GGG.

Yeah, you're totally right, nobody ask for map changes pfff x'D
Stop complaining, GGG cannot solve every important issues at once.
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Ground Effects in Maps
There's a lot of work still to do on ground effects. However, in 2.0.4, some changes have been made to how they spawn in maps. These changes have the following consequences:
Ground effects due to map mods now use significantly less server resources. This prevents problems occurring during times of peak player concurrency.
Ground effects due to map mods now use significantly less bandwidth, which will result in much less lockstep stuttering. They will also contribute far less towards being disconnected when coming through portals.

Aleluya!!!!! love GGG!!!
Probably the worst manifesto post I've ever read. Kind of upset I came back to the game for Warbands...
GGG mentality: you can play our game, but every 15 minutes we take a meat slicer to your nipple.
All of my friends stopped playing ~maps lvl 74, because higher maps don't drop. You should not gate content behind artificial RNG block, but make high level maps dangerous enough that it is danger that would be the blocking reason. Don't spawn silly slow moving helpless zombies in high level maps, have a set of monsters that could populate the given map. Act IV monsters make tropical island dangerous enough, that sometimes i would choose to bail from it. Do the same for higher level maps.
Me and a friend been playing poe on and off but played a little more serious when awakening dropped. Our highest now is 90.

My input from being a new player who just started mapping in 2.0 is pretty simple.

Glad for the map drop buff. I have a ton of 68-74 maps lying around as a 90 char and anything above that seems like a rare drop. Kinda irritating so it feels like we have to keep running low level maps and the exp is gutter trash, and progressing past 90 seems something we just dont want to do. We havent even experienced any 80+ maps since they are so difficult to find. So in all honestly the exp nerf makes less sense then it does now. Hopefully the map drops are as plentiful as you say to offset that.

Glad the monster damage is changing, makes low level maps really feel like low level maps. Sometimes it feels like for some builds low maps are hitting me super hard.

Tier change makes it a bit more confusing tbh and the game is already complex enough. I wish you guys would just change it to where when you hit "Alt" it has ilvl/level range and just keep the level zone. That would negate all the confusion, keep OG players happy and lets us somewhat newer players know what we are getting into.

Color changes seem nice and grant a nice notice in the difficulty in maps.

Ground effect change is a great and needed change, My second HC char died at 72 due to lighting ground effects and it was rage.

Overall these are pretty good changes, and hopefully we can now do some consistent high level content instead of running the same dog shit low level maps over and over again.
" "High level maps run through Zana"
daily zena quests are fun maps.. actually the only fun maps I find these days.. as it is an unknown rare map and with a mini quest added to it..
standard maps are boring. sorry.
perhaps if you added miniquests to them they would be more appealing to the average player.. you know do a little scrpting, a little bit of text, nothing too fancy to take the I am grinding feel out of this.

and btw high level maps are way too rare. the char I play in warbands is level 86 and has NEVER seen a 77 or above map drop. NOT ONE. by the time I find one (if I still play by then) I will be so past the Map level it will be just more trash.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Last edited by Xirgu on Sep 24, 2015, 4:06:08 PM
looks like you people in GGG have some prety awesome monitoring soft for use. to analyse dis tings. probably custom soft.

i'd say many people would pay for this, just to look at some numbers, and to rattle even more about them )
Last edited by old_joe on Sep 24, 2015, 4:17:57 PM
Chris, you always make me smile :)
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
"
Prisma01 wrote:

From 68's to 75's
We could get a Grotto - Tier 1 (easy)
We could get a Pit - Tier 3 (difficult)

From 75's to 82's
We could get an Arsenal - Tier 1 (easy)
We could get a Colosseum - Tier 5 (very difficult)

Upper tiers could give more xp. More IIR, IIQ. More map dropping.

I mean, you could take the idea and form a new way of looking into endgame. Not just the way to 100, but the way in which build would feel more safe, more challenged or more rewarding.

I think that GGG is really hitting something here, but it's not quite there yet.

Can't we really have both? Or more?
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Harmona wrote:

Now for the rest of your dedicated fans who play this awesome game a reasonable number of hours/week. Read carefully:
- you are CRIPPLING our game experience for NO GOOD REASON.
- we want CHALLENGING CONTENT that feels REWARDING (note: BOTH challenging AND rewarding).
- we will get tired of our character before reaching level 100, but part of us secretly manages the idea of dinging 100, someday... you just BLEW that delusion (which, by the way, translates in more income for you, indirectly).
- what mostly kills the joy of playing this game is that its PAINFULLY HARD to find a party to run high tier maps, and even more disappointing that one of the members has to be a dedicated MFER or the drops won't even cover the currency expended to roll the maps.
- past level 85, this game turns out to be mostly SINGLEPLAYER... people like other people to tag with (yeah, yeah, there is always a lone wolf...) and have fun together. IMPROVE your LFG system and incentivize people to play in groups. Make it EVEN MORE REWARDING to play in a FULL PARTY.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, aside from the last point - I prefer solo play, and I know quite a few people who do. Groups are already incentivized with built-in drop buffs, and it isn't fun for everyone to drag some deadweight players around a map like anchors (or on the other side of the coin, there are players who like to take their time and not feel like they're being dragged around a map by an elitist)
Last edited by Funkdubious on Sep 24, 2015, 4:37:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info