[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
It would, crit builds in general have nearly identical skilltrees with little variance depending on the player's playstyle.

I'd recommend grinding it out with flame totem and shock nova until 60s, you'll be 2-shotting beyond packs once you reach a certain point where your DPS is starting to shine. Currently doing it in the 1MHC league.

You'd also outdamage ice nova via the secondary ring so once you're at a point where you're happy with your ice nova DPS you can safely switch.

Look at my crit GC guide and copy the utility gems such as heralds with ice bite, hypothermia on main skill etc. and switch light pen to cold pen. Worth noting GC is slightly lower clearspeed but a bit more survivability if you end up wanting to do that instead. I'd advise you to look at an ice nova guide as well since there's probably a few differences that I don't have the experience to know.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1360394

Awesome, thanks for the reply and the breakdown! I'm only 43 so I'll try slugging it through with Flame Totem as a side ability to try and offset some of this Beyond frustration until I can beast mode it.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Oct 9, 2015, 7:46:42 PM
Update: Currently level 70 and it's working out great! My damage still has a little way to go as I am sitting at 8.2k unbuffed but I am lacking a power charge, some jewel slots, and my Shock Nova is level 17.

I kind of threw a little customization to the mix though as far as gear and gems go. I looked for heavy-resist gear in order to run Doedre's Damning double curse with Assassin's and Warlord's Mark for the damage, support and survivability while also being over the resistance cap.

Right now I have 2695 health, 878 mana, and 1604 shield. I can pretty much sustain my casting with MoM. The only mobs which give me issue are the Unique beyond bosses and that can be chalked up to me playing with a bucket on my head.

Spoiler
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Oct 11, 2015, 11:12:13 PM
quick question, why use wrath when it only gives you like 20% lightning damage for 50% of your mana? why not use like herald of ice and something else? just a little bit confused, 50% reserve just seems steep for such little damage boost
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
quick question, why use wrath when it only gives you like 20% lightning damage for 50% of your mana? why not use like herald of ice and something else? just a little bit confused, 50% reserve just seems steep for such little damage boost
Wrath is 20% MORE damage, not increased.

E.G if you have 200% increased damage and you add 20% increased damage, you have 220. If you add 20% more damage, you have 240.

It gives a large damage boost while herald of ice isn't that great.

"More" multipliers are extremely good.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Oct 12, 2015, 12:46:03 PM
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Update: Currently level 70 and it's working out great! My damage still has a little way to go as I am sitting at 8.2k unbuffed but I am lacking a power charge, some jewel slots, and my Shock Nova is level 17.

I kind of threw a little customization to the mix though as far as gear and gems go. I looked for heavy-resist gear in order to run Doedre's Damning double curse with Assassin's and Warlord's Mark for the damage, support and survivability while also being over the resistance cap.

Right now I have 2695 health, 878 mana, and 1604 shield. I can pretty much sustain my casting with MoM. The only mobs which give me issue are the Unique beyond bosses and that can be chalked up to me playing with a bucket on my head.

Spoiler
With that much ES you should be comfortably sustaining a 6L, you no longer need to curse with warlord's mark unless you just like the life leech. I'd switch to a regular ring with high life since you're sitting pretty low right now. Get all the life nodes you can before finishing out the rest of the crit and damage nodes.
Last edited by commonjunks on Oct 15, 2015, 2:21:17 AM
"
commonjunks wrote:
You have doedre's but you don't dual curse, if you can't get a 4L for it I suggest you switch assassin's mark for warlord's until you can.

Even with 3% ES regen and what you have from the tree, your base ES is extremely low so the regen is nearly non existent.

Look for around 700 ES when it comes to sustaining a 4L, I'd also use enduring cry with increased duration in order to regen ES, once you have enough enduring cry alone will sustain shock nova.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Oct 15, 2015, 3:57:58 AM
Thank you mate, will do that.
got any updated video?!

how do you sustain mana gainst boss, once the frenzy charge expire?!?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Oct 15, 2015, 4:24:11 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
got any updated video?!

how do you sustain mana gainst boss, once the frenzy charge expire?!?!
Soon. Not been playing much, just got to merciless in the 1MHC.

Frenzy charges last 11 seconds, rares in 76 maps get 1 shot so I doubt a boss will last more than 10. You could use enduring cry though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info