trend in currency exchange. standard league.

"
"
Zhatan wrote:
We need a vendor recipe for exalts, wich have been known since the beta.

Many orbs have no recipe starting with fusings, I don't think that gonna change anytime soon but I might be wrong....

Look at the recipe for Divine Orb, the fact that you can sell any 6L for a higher price makes it a one time thing to get the achievment.

actually, as odd as it is, i wanted to buy divines in standard a few weeks ago and they were 3:2 exalts, which is maybe about 28 chaos each. Yet I was able to buy tabula rasas for 20-25c each... lol?

So I bought about 30 tabula rasas and vendored them all.
"

Many orbs have no recipe starting with fusings

Actually, there is Vorici's daily deal, and even the vendor rate, which counts as a recipe. The point is that there is an element in game which limits the price of fusings: it cannot be worth more than 4 jewellers, and a jeweller cannot be worth more than 2 alterations, ect... That limit is pretty broad in some cases: 1 chaos can't be more than 3 alch, but 1 alch is in principle limited to 8 fusings, so the conversion between fusings and chaoses is more based on inertia and scarcity (unless I'm missing something), but there's a limit.
For exalts, there's no limit (no no, no no no no), so the price can vary way more depending on offer and demand. And there is no systematic way of getting them (other than vendoring mirrors, of course), so the offer fluctuates a lot.

It would make much more sense that the standard price of reasonably expensive things be calculated in chaoses, and converted to exalts only if necessary.
But I feel we're not so far from that, at least in terms of the price of 5Ls and 6Ls: they're still roughly at the price of 150/1500 fuses plus the price of the unique. In that case, the increase in price of the exalts is a good thing for buyers: the price stays the same in chaoses, but is lower in exalts, and the chance of finding an exalt stays the same.

Edit: by the way, that got me wondering... Does anybody have an idea of why the ratio of chaoses to fusings is stuck at 1:2 ?
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Last edited by LazarusQ on Sep 23, 2015, 8:01:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info