trend in currency exchange. standard league.

The trend that I see everywhere I know to look is everyone has about every currency for sale for exalts, but more and more rarely does anyone have exalts for currency (whatever the ratio). It seems to me that nearly everything I want in game is priced in exalts. Is this a recent change do to some action of ggg? Is the supply of exalts in relation to players that are used for currency drying up?
It's just the way the economy works. The more money some people have, the more they want for their stuff cause they already have so much they can't be bothered to sell for lower prices.

All of this happens of course, because GGG refuses to implement a proper market.

And this is basicly why I refuse to spend money on POE. Well, at least more than I have already spent. While I need more stash slots, I refuse to give GGG more money until a market is implemented.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Sep 13, 2015, 3:09:16 PM
"
Elhazzared wrote:
It's just the way the economy works. The more money some people have, the more they want for their stuff cause they already have so much they can't be bothered to sell for lower prices.

All of this happens of course, because GGG refuses to implement a proper market.

And this is basicly why I refuse to spend money on POE. Well, at least more than I have already spent. While I need more stash slots, I refuse to give GGG more money until a market is implemented.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about when you say "proper market".
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Elhazzared wrote:

Literally has no idea what he is talking about. lol
ever since the removal of the eternal orb ive been thinking that ggg is going to put something in the game to make exalts (for lack of a better word) worthless.

tinfoil hat on at all times

sure the exalt wont be completely worthless but i reckon it will lose its value and change the economy in a huge way.
"
nearly everything I want in game is priced in exalts.

maybe you want only powerful items that are really worth exalts.

I have items in my shop in standard without prices, thay are almost never worth exalts and people rarely buy them
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 14, 2015, 2:13:57 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I have items in my shop in standard without prices

I can't speak for other players, but I systematically skip items without price tags, as I have experienced being asked for an offer, and then being treated like the worst lowballer possible, when I simply had no idea what the item could be worth, and didn't have that much currency to spend on an item.
"
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I have items in my shop in standard without prices

I can't speak for other players, but I systematically skip items without price tags, as I have experienced being asked for an offer, and then being treated like the worst lowballer possible, when I simply had no idea what the item could be worth, and didn't have that much currency to spend on an item.

I tend to do the same, the seller should have an idea on what he wants for his items.

Back on topic I think more and more people are using exalts for crafting with masters, this will eventually come back to normal when the trend about +3 items have passed.
It could also just be that if there's already a bunch of people selling currency for exalts and you want to go the other way, you don't NEED to advertise that fact. You can just go to the other people who are already selling. The only exception would be if you're trying to get a better ratio than what anyone else is offering, but if the exchange rate is well-established enough and nearly everyone knows it, you'd just be wasting your time trying to save a couple chaos and would be better off just getting the trade over with and actually playing the game to farm those extra chaos yourself.

On the opposite extreme, if the price is rapidly rising as it was in the temp leagues at least recently, you might get a lot of people thinking, "Well, I could sell now, but if I wait a couple days, I might get more for it..." and just decide to hold on to their exalts. Even if they start thinking that the price is near its peak and maybe they SHOULD sell, they might think, "But if I sell now and then DO need an exalt later on after I've used these chaos or if the price does go up more, it'll take forever to save up for another one. Maybe I should just hold on a bit longer." And then once the price starts dropping, "Well, it was 70 yesterday, now it's only 65, but maybe if I wait until midweek, it'll go back up..." and so on.

And finally, there's the fact that 1ex takes up less stash space and is more convenient than several stacks of chaos. People will only trade down if they specifically NEED a lot of chaos.
Last edited by Hodari on Sep 14, 2015, 5:01:56 AM
loot filters
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info