trend in currency exchange. standard league.

^^Elhazzard's statement did have a bit of anecdotal truth to it from my experience.

When I played in Standard, all 'unpriced' items in my shop had a ~gb/o of 2 chaos. That was, in my opinion, the minimum time value of stopping my map, going to my hideout, selling half an inventory of vendor junk, waiting for the buyer to get his shit together, making the trade, saying thank you, then leaving the party to go back to my business.

The above isn't always true, but I generally tend to lean in that direction once I'm doing 100+ quantity maps and seeing alchs and scours regularly.

It may not make economic sense, but hey big surprise: economies are generally made up of people not doing economically sensible things.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Yeah, people should not put the prices in exalteds, acuity's no more 100 ex, now 5000 chaos, or sell in chromatics...
" hey dude I want the Headhunter.. how much?"
-only 450,000 chromatics
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Exalts are the gold standard every other currency ratio is based off of. Right now chaos:exalt in standard is 40:1. When warbands ends and that shitty 80:1 economy merges with standard it will proably bring it up. I doubt all the way to 80. But still higher than now. Peoples exalts will be worth more and everything else will be worth less. Its basicaly like if you knew the great depression was coming 3 months ahead of time and sold all your assets for gold because you knew a dollar wouldnt be worth shit.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Exalts are the gold standard every other currency ratio is based off of. Right now chaos:exalt in standard is 40:1. When warbands ends and that shitty 80:1 economy merges with standard it will proably bring it up. I doubt all the way to 80. But still higher than now. Peoples exalts will be worth more and everything else will be worth less. Its basicaly like if you knew the great depression was coming 3 months ahead of time and sold all your assets for gold because you knew a dollar wouldnt be worth shit.

There is some much exalts in std that prices wont be moving much. warband values are already moving towards standard values. i think exalts are 1:60 atm.
I still firmly believe in the economy of PoE. It is however a very complicated thing. Wich means alot of new players will struggle and might quit before they can witness how cool it can be. You only have to look at the forums for 5min to see a ton of posts, mostly made by inexperienced players that hate trading in PoE. Helped by the more experienced ones that never got into trading enough to give it a fair evaluation.

Right now you have 3 options, all with drawbacks and positive points.

1. Selffound. Slowest of all, but you will not spend 1 min dealing with trading. You are practically playing a singleplayer game.

2. Trade what you find for what you need. Medium speed of acuiring what you need for any build in the game. Trading will take almost no time if you have aquired the knowledge to do so. This mode would suit the biggest audiance imo, however is very limited by knowledge to make it efficient, and not frustrating.

3. Trade master. The ones that can buy anything they want from week 1 on in a new league. Biggest drawback is you won't be playing that much. Compared to real life it would be working so much you will have no time left to spend it all.

Whatever anyone chooses it's clear what the positive and negative sides are. It's just such a shame that one that chooses number 1, is complaining that he can't have the items mister 3 is aquiring and so on. In the end nobody can have it all. I rather have choice like this, then being put into a corner where the AH is the only option.
My only problem with Diablo-like economies is that I never seem to have enough of the currency that is needed to buy what I need (Jah, Ber anyone?).

Since closed beta I have played for a bit more than 1000 hours. In those hours I have had not more than 7-8 exalts drop for me. That would be absolutely fine if a Headhunter was worth 10 ex. But it is worth more that ten times ten ex (for whatever reason). Which as Charan said means that in my case Headhunter will be forever outside my reach unless I drop everything and flip (boring, risky, did I mention boring?).

I really enjoyed the leveling process in WoW because it was very simple to procure upgrades, if you had been smart and did a gathering profession or two on the side. I cannot see PoE ever going to that model because of PoE's tartness (look it up), and because of resources.
Last edited by horizon21 on Sep 17, 2015, 5:59:21 PM
"
horizon21 wrote:
My only problem with Diablo-like economies is that I never seem to have enough of the currency that is needed to buy what I need

Any form of currency will only work BECAUSE of scarcity. If everyone suddenly had "enough" currency to buy whatever they wanted, prices would just rise to compensate. If money really did grow on trees, you'd end up needing half a deciduous forest in order to buy a loaf of bread

There's a VERY limited supply of items like Headhunter. There are a LOT of people who want them and are willing to pay whatever they have to get one. So the price will rise until the number of people who can afford them drops to match that limited supply.
"
horizon21 wrote:
My only problem with Diablo-like economies is that I never seem to have enough of the currency that is needed to buy what I need (Jah, Ber anyone?).

Since closed beta I have played for a bit more than 1000 hours. In those hours I have had not more than 7-8 exalts drop for me. That would be absolutely fine if a Headhunter was worth 10 ex. But it is worth more that ten times ten ex (for whatever reason). Which as Charan said means that in my case Headhunter will be forever outside my reach unless I drop everything and flip (boring, risky, did I mention boring?).

I really enjoyed the leveling process in WoW because it was very simple to procure upgrades, if you had been smart and did a gathering profession or two on the side. I cannot see PoE ever going to that model because of PoE's tartness (look it up), and because of resources.

Well 1k hours is relatively short amount of time for PoE.. Try like 10-15k hours and you'll have a HH.
We need a vendor recipe for exalts, wich have been known since the beta.
"
Zhatan wrote:
We need a vendor recipe for exalts, wich have been known since the beta.

Many orbs have no recipe starting with fusings, I don't think that gonna change anytime soon but I might be wrong....

Look at the recipe for Divine Orb, the fact that you can sell any 6L for a higher price makes it a one time thing to get the achievment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info