[gem]ethereal knives - [s-gem]Life Gain on Hit

Ethernal knifes is a spell that does physical damage (as a spell, thats what it is). it is realy that simple.
It does physical damage but its still a spell (not an attack).
why everything must be dumbed down. just a little bit of immagination, thats all you need, its fun.
I have problem with Etheral Knives myself. Knives, as one of the rare ranged attack actions which do not require a bow, and, without any sign of magic origin should be considered as skill, not spell, and affected by attack speed not casting speed, apply skill on-hit effects, and could even use dagger prof as syenergy (with proper balance)
"
Freezerg wrote:
I have problem with Etheral Knives myself. Knives, as one of the rare ranged attack actions which do not require a bow, and, without any sign of magic origin should be considered as skill, not spell, and affected by attack speed not casting speed, apply skill on-hit effects, and could even use dagger prof as syenergy (with proper balance)

It is a SPELL that does PHYSICAL damage. Just like fireball is a spell that does FIRE damage. Why can't people understand this. Is it because it is doing physical damage that it cannot be a spell?

Just wait for a dagger skill attack which i suppose ggg will implement later.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Freezerg wrote:

It is a SPELL that does PHYSICAL damage. Just like fireball is a spell that does FIRE damage. Why can't people understand this. Is it because it is doing physical damage that it cannot be a spell?

Just wait for a dagger skill attack which i suppose ggg will implement later.

Everybody, including me, consider Etheral Knives as dagger skill attack that "ggg will implement later". It really do not look like a spell (it is not a "poof i create fireball", you can check the animation - your char actually throws them) and physical damage is like saying aloud "this is a skill"
so in a fantasy game, spells are limited to do spell(elemental)damage ?
doesnt sound logical to me.
Last edited by evLsht on Feb 14, 2013, 6:18:15 AM
No, they are not.
Spells are created from nothing. Your character actually throws the daggers.
This is logical enough for me and 90% of players.
"
Freezerg wrote:

Everybody, including me, consider Etheral Knives as dagger skill attack that "ggg will implement later". It really do not look like a spell (it is not a "poof i create fireball", you can check the animation - your char actually throws them) and physical damage is like saying aloud "this is a skill"

Everybody? my god you speak for everyone now? Anyway now tell me why a spell must do only elemental damage? Why the can't a spell do physical damage. Now lets just assume a mage in whatever game cast a spell that conjures a big cube of metal on the head of the monsters, will you say that this is an attack skill?

Then ask for a better animation for the Ethereal Knives in the animations subforum if you think it is not done perfectly. From my point of view what i think is he is conjuring the knives in a throwing motion they grow bigger while traveling (just my point of view though).
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
pinkles95 wrote:
the damage from ethereal knives is physical, not spell damage. it applies elemental damage relating to any that might be on your equipped weapons. it does not benefit from spell damage passive skills

RTFM
Spoiler
Read The Following Manual

1) Check related Wiki or other knowledge base (you know there is Skill Feedback section, do you?)
2) If something is still unclear (which I doubt) go to Mechanics/FAQ thread to ask some questions.
3) If nothing above works you are free to complain now. Not earlier.

"
Freezerg wrote:
Everybody, including me, consider Etheral Knives as dagger skill attack that "ggg will implement later".

Stop that. Seriously. Your opinion is just yours.

"
Freezerg wrote:

Again, there is a Skill Feedback section, search for EK thread and read at least 10 pages.

I may be sound harsh, but guys, if you are complaining about something, you need to manually and thoroughly study it.
Hateful post.
"
bitedefer wrote:
"
Freezerg wrote:

Everybody? my god you speak for everyone now? Anyway now tell me why a spell must do only elemental damage? Why the can't a spell do physical damage. Now lets just assume a mage in whatever game cast a spell that conjures a big cube of metal on the head of the monsters, will you say that this is an attack skill?

Then ask for a better animation for the Ethereal Knives in the animations subforum if you think it is not done perfectly. From my point of view what i think is he is conjuring the knives in a throwing motion they grow bigger while traveling (just my point of view though).

Creating "big cube of metal" is a spell, because you create something from nothing. Throwing the actual daggers is not. Do i have to mention it more than once?

"
Kaskar wrote:
"
pinkles95 wrote:
the damage from ethereal knives is physical, not spell damage. it applies elemental damage relating to any that might be on your equipped weapons. it does not benefit from spell damage passive skills

RTFM
Spoiler
Read The Following Manual

1) Check related Wiki or other knowledge base (you know there is Skill Feedback section, do you?)
2) If something is still unclear (which I doubt) go to Mechanics/FAQ thread to ask some questions.
3) If nothing above works you are free to complain now. Not earlier.

"
Freezerg wrote:
Everybody, including me, consider Etheral Knives as dagger skill attack that "ggg will implement later".

Stop that. Seriously. Your opinion is just yours.

"
Freezerg wrote:

Again, there is a Skill Feedback section, search for EK thread and read at least 10 pages.

I may be sound harsh, but guys, if you are complaining about something, you need to manually and thoroughly study it.

So, let me point something for you, this time.

1. I know every bit of mechanics standing behind EK. Check out the section of forum you are in before posting, please.

2. My opinion is NOT just mine. Ask people, and 90% of them would speak just like me. So, yeah, argue with me only because you can.

3. If you can't deal with it, do not answer.
"
Freezerg wrote:

My opinion is NOT just mine. Ask people, and 90% of them would speak just like me. So, yeah, argue with me only because you can.

You are tempting me to count "unhappy of spell state of EK" people in Ethereal Knives Feedback thread - or making a poll, you know.
Hateful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info