[gem]ethereal knives - [s-gem]Life Gain on Hit

the damage from ethereal knives is physical, not spell damage. it applies elemental damage relating to any that might be on your equipped weapons. it does not benefit from spell damage passive skills

for these reasons it should really be counted by the 'gain life on hit' support gem. its physical damage, it absolutely should work together with this gem, it does not say 'on melee hit' it clearly, simply states, 'on hit'

ethereal knives is certainly more like a 'hit' than a 'spell'
did i mention the physical damage?

please make it so that this support gem works correctly with ethereal knives. classes such as shadow (but also actually anyone) need something comparable to the 2h marauder sweep or the swords/axe/mace cleave. we need an ability that we can hook up to a healing utility in order to sustain us against dauntingly large numbers of monsters. whirling blades is far too unreliable and volatile to take this roll. it needs to be something stationary where your positioning is key.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
the damage from ethereal knives is physical, not spell damage. it applies elemental damage relating to any that might be on your equipped weapons. it does not benefit from spell damage passive skills

Eh?

EK is a spell, not an attack. Spell damage wands and shields sure seem to impact its damage.
well since we are on the subject of lifesteal how about this

implementing Spell vamp? (same as lifesteal but for spells) ofc the % on these items/passive's where ever you put them would be a lot lower then lifesteal since you are dealing with more then one monster person being hit

any thoughts on this?
"
pinkles95 wrote:
No, it's phyical spell damage. Being physical has nothing to do with being a spell or not. It does benefit from spell damage increases.

"
pinkles95 wrote:
for these reasons it should really be counted by the 'gain life on hit' support gem. its physical damage, it absolutely should work together with this gem, it does not say 'on melee hit' it clearly, simply states, 'on hit'
Life gain on hit explicitly says it grants life for each enemy hit by your attacks. Ethereal knives is not an attack, it's a spell.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Ethereal knives is not an attack, it's a spell.

lol that makes no sense to me.

I really do not understand half of what terms mean in this game. GGG need to do a complete overhaul and explain how things work much much better before this leaves Open Beta. We also need a sticky.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I really do not understand half of what terms mean in this game. GGG need to do a complete overhaul and explain how things work much much better before this leaves Open Beta. We also need a sticky.

Yeah, the terminology is a bit strange and could use a clearer in-game explanation. I suggest the Mechanics thread in the mean time:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

The most important thing to remember is that "spell", "attack", "elemental", "physical", "projectile" and such are specific terms separate from each other. Most of those are also keywords on the gems, so that should help you figure things out.
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Ethereal means spiritual, otherworldly. GGG do not need to do an overhaul of terms, you just need to learn what the terms mean. Etherial Knives conjures magical knives and throws them at your enemy; hence, it is a spell that causes physical damage.
Attacks use the damage of your equipped weapons. Spells don't.
Unless it was made an exception. But it clearly states otherwise on the wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ethereal_Knives

"Life/Mana Leech: Like all other spells, only the Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems will grant leech effects to Ethereal Knives. All other forms of leeching work only on physical damage from attacks."
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
"
Unless it was made an exception. But it clearly states otherwise on the wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ethereal_Knives

"Life/Mana Leech: Like all other spells, only the Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems will grant leech effects to Ethereal Knives. All other forms of leeching work only on physical damage from attacks."

Life/Mana Leech has no relation to attack. Life on hit on the other hand has an "attack" associated with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info