Share your Feedback on an Upcoming One-month Event!

Flashback random mods switched every hour much like tempest with more mods being added the further you progress. With some real random crazy hours with a fuckton of mods and boosted rewards.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Run a tempest/warband theme for the month. Increasing the occurrence rate per week.

One day per week turn off warband/tempest, and activate cutthroat. Treat hardcore like pvp as long as they don't die from mobs they stay in league. Or turn off mobs all together labeling zones as pvp only.

Make the challenges to kill just one other player at certain thresholds.

Ex, using microtransactions.
5-24 weapon effect
25-30 boots
31-35 gloves
36-40 head
41-45 chest
46-up fishing waders

Put a limit of 10 transactions per slot earnable. Having a low level requirement per challenge should encourage numerous alts made quickly and cheaply. Lower level challenges should also reduce the butturt of million plus dps'ers camping entrances.

Turn off grouping during the cutthroat times!
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Fireknight wrote:
It would be far more interesting if it were structured so that every instance randomly rolled 5 league mods during the week, with all mods active during the weekend. This removes the disincentive to play that results from unrewarding leagues.

Yup, +1

+1 to this from me as well.

Also, does this confirm current league as ending next month?
Wow I love that we actually can help choose the race type!

I would really like the flashback race type with warbands and tempest thrown in with a gradual increase in difficulty, the last few days being kinda crazy.

The armor MTX sounds perfect, with a piece when you reach a certain level. If you go for the challenges, they should be accessible to all, not gated behind trading ability and buying power.
Does this one-month event have an impact on the timeline of the current challenge leagues?
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
One month race during challenge leagues? Not going to even bother unless the prizes are REALLY good.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Event Type

If I had to pick one, I would choose Flashback. As much as I like Warbands, I honestly wasn't that impressed with the Tempest mechanic, to the point where I don't even want to see it reach the core game.

It's fun enough, sure, but being forced to trigger the profitable/fun Tempests by timing the "detonation" so to speak makes it blatantly obvious that I'm interacting with a specific mechanic rather than just encountering something in the game (such as a Strongbox). It's not quite how I want to phrase it, but the best way I can put it right now is that it's sort of like breaking the fourth wall of gameplay for me.

Player Goals

I prefer challenges, as opposed to level thresholds, but I don't see why there can't be a mix. Why not have one of the challenges be a threshold?

Prizes

Without question I think some sort of MTX award will easily encourage the most participation. I get that there should probably be a limit on the sort of prizes that you give out but again, I propose a mix, particularly if you're able to get sponsorship secured for the event. I think each challenge should award part of an armour set and a level threshold should provide you with X amount of entries into a draw for A, B, or C sponsored (or GGG-award-type) prizes.

That way you provide players with a way to guarantee a chance at specific prizes for those that are interested in completing challenges, and for those that aren't: they can just push levels for a chance at a complete signed set of the PoE comic series (e.g.).

I would actually like to see a split set of challenges again like the hardcore / softcore body armours, but with a twist:

Instead of providing full armour sets (roughly 420 point value, on average), I would like to see mixed pack of some form. I.e., completing 2/4 of the Softcore challenges awards you with an Artic Portal effect; 4/4 awards you with the Lightning Bat pet on top (total value: 400 points). Similarly the Hardcore challenges could award the Steampowered Portal effect at 2/4 and the Infernal Fox at 4/4.

Not saying it necessarily should be those prizes specifically, but along those lines: a mixed bag of 2-4 MTXs worth roughly the same as an armour set.

Other

For my personal enjoyment, I really don't think Invasion has enough of a presence in the core game of Path of Exile. I would like to see Invasion present throughout the entire 1-month event in order to solicit feedback from the community now that there is a wealth of new players to see the invaders and some veterans who might have a different opinion now that they're more experienced (I think Malachai and the general adjustments to the game regarding damage and defensive mechanics in 2.0 warrant seeing how players have developed against a more routinely difficult experience). I think it's a bit unintuitive that Zana sells a map with the Invasion affix rolled, but it's not part of the core affix pool for maps. This event would provide a great platform to help decide whether or not that should be changed.

ADDENDUM: I think the philosophy behind the changes to map drop rates (rewarding a more challenging map roll) dovetails perfectly with the Invasion mechanic. It's difficult, and the IIQ/IIR rolls and their influence on map drops should affect it accordingly. People can always skip the mod, or the Invaders, if they so choose.

Not exactly a short post, so I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

S.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 4, 2015, 2:48:08 AM
really loved the previous 1 month event with Torment-Bloodline mod. MTX armour set as reward for completing 4/5 challenges are always preferred.
The Flashback league was just really, really fun to play and I'd love to see/play it again.

I think Flashback with some portions of Tempest/Warband included would just perfect.

As for the rewards I'm fine with everthing as long as the event itself is fun.
Please, for the love of Kuduku, give extra stash spaces as prizes. You will see an incredible amount of race participation.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info