Share your Feedback on an Upcoming One-month Event!

"
kellogz87 wrote:
Will this be a HC race? Never really done races, but i'm interested in this one month thing...

A hardcore and a standard event running simultaneously.

"
Samkiud wrote:
My feedback is that you should pay more attention to the community complaints about the neglected guild system, being this a paid feature, instead of putting effort in little events like these.

The intention of running an event like this that re-uses old content (rather than creating something new) is that we can keep working on areas that need improvement (and new content for later).

"
Flashback league and MTX prizes, also not everyone can spend 20 hours a day on the game to race to the top, and a lot of people have the Seraph sets so please do something more interesting, bring back the Atziri helmet MTX NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

We promised the Atziri helmet as an exclusive prize in the past so we can't give that one out again, sorry!

"
T0KTHX wrote:
ps: this Golden Seraph...can you guy make it black? i mean black with red detail :P

There is also a black version somewhere. Hmm... maybe that'd make a good prize for the Hardcore version of the league.

"
Jerle wrote:
Does this one-month event have an impact on the timeline of the current challenge leagues?

We will definitely announce the end of those leagues once a date is known, but if we run a one-month event, those leagues will end at that point. If that's early October, then they will have lasted three months. If it's later, they'll approach four months in length. Sorry for the vagueness, but I do want to clarify that this special event would not be run contemporaneously with existing challenge leagues.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Instead of a fixed schedule for when league mods would appear, why not let them fluctuate at random?

You could have Warbands and Tempests, with a random mix of Flashback league mods that could change every hour.

For maps, you could have the Flashback league mods apply randomly once the map was opened (like Zana's).

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
nebunelux wrote:
EDIT: 2nd page!:))

Warbands/Tempest(both SC and HC) with level treshold and a MTX set as a reward.
My personal preference.

pretty much this without the SC event
Last edited by crashdown on Sep 4, 2015, 2:32:31 AM
First, I've enjoy the one week/one month events generally speaking. I think the only one I didn't do since I started playing was cutthroat. It has been hit or miss though, and from what I noticed as fun as the all mods league was, a lot of people didn't stick with it. I loved it though, one of my favorites.

Personally, my vote would be for Warbands/Tempest. I think the Tempests are fun and challenging, just honestly my PC hasn't been up to the task. I'd love an SC combination of both in a one month league, providing ALL Tempests are made available. If not, I'd just prefer all mods.

For the rewards, I think that the armour was really really popular, it went over great and I saw a lot of people working their way towards it. That's the best prize since I've been playing, so another special armour set I think would be great. Some of the other stuff to me was pretty forgettable.
Thanks for the feedback so far, guys! I have to go get dinner so I'll stop replying for a bit. Will keep reading it over the weekend.

It's going to be an awesome event, especially with some of the cool ideas (and support of the ones we suggested) so far.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
A combination Warbands/Tempest league, in which there are tempest mods for each previous league. IE: Assaulting tempest has AoE's that grant Onslaught, (tempest) of Rushing grants Ambush, etc. These mods would be split between prefixes and suffixes per previous league, depending on which one makes more sense.
This idea stems from some already existing previous league Tempests, such as (tempest) of Turmoil, of Phantoms, of Abberance, etc. In other words, some of the work is already done for you guys, just pump it up a bit. :)

As for rewards, multiple rewards tiered by difficulty are preferable. (Easy basic reward, not so easy cool reward, hard awesome reward, impossible amazing reward.) As always, the more potential rewards the better. However, this does not mean potentially getting a reward, it means a larger number of guaranteed rewards if you meet the challenges.

Looking forward to whatever you cook up GGG!
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Sep 4, 2015, 2:36:40 AM
Event type:
Flashback. What's the point of having warband/tempest parallel to the current warband/tempest league? Events should offer something different to regular leagues.

Player goals:
Level thresholds. Looking at challenges they are mostly pure trading (identify/collect items and such) or too much rng (looking at you igna and tormented seditionist). In a race reaching some goal should be dependent on player skills (and their ability to sleep-deprived playing)

Prizes:
I'm not good enough in races to give a recommendation for the top prizes. Just ask helman if he needs a new gaming mouse.
As for the rest: Giving out free ritalin (see sleep depriviation) might be an option to cut back on the racing costs.
Hey,

saw the post, as far as i am concerned, beyond is the best.

league wise

- a cumulative increasing factor of previous leagues over a month, ending with all mods at double strength (2 tempest prefixs and suffixes on area, 2 nemisis mods on rares...)
- also mix in the non-player affecting race mods in the flashback

player goals
general player goals are different from individual player goals, however, you can try to incorporate them into your general player goals.
- make an achievement which keeps track of boos kills, seperated on name and level and give a average percentage of all the percentages of specific boss kills compared to the rest of the community.
- highlight the least used passive nodes for specific class or general, (for all ya snowflakes out there)
- give specific requirements: (kill dominus merciless with 5-link mine setup without using other skills; kill crematorium piety merciless before she goes through the portal; perma freeze brutus for 10 seconds)

prizes

- random loot boxes, achievement specific mtx's (60% increased move speed yield a burning footprint mtx)
- huge amount of player interaction with the devs, in game and out game.
- making a mtx would be cool
- create a combined effort of the top 5 of something unique which represented that one month...

hope you like the effort i put into this.
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo
FLASHBACK PLZ..
i had the most fun during that 1month.
Those beyond bosses with onslaught!!GG
One month is too long, imo, especially since a lot of people haven't even completed challenges yet. I'm all for the mixed WB/Tempest league (maybe add a Flashback tempest to the mix?) but make it 2 weeks at most.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info