[2.2] Ayvi's Point Blank Tornado shot / Puncture build! Uber viable!

"
Ayvi wrote:

More

ty

Last question: what damage does it makes when sharp & venomous causes bleeding and poisoning? How is it calculated?
Sorry for my bad English. Crit bow Ranger 97 lvl.
"
LazerDeath wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:

More

ty

Last question: what damage does it makes when sharp & venomous causes bleeding and poisoning? How is it calculated?

Poison is based off of phys/chaos damage
Bleed is based off of physical
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:

Poison is based off of phys/chaos damage
Bleed is based off of physical

Yes, it is written in discription, but how much % it is based? 50% physical like from puncture?
And does poison slow down mobs and bosses?
Sorry for my bad English. Crit bow Ranger 97 lvl.
Last edited by LazerDeath on Mar 10, 2016, 2:43:40 PM
Well according to wiki, it's 10% of your total phys+chaos damage on the hit that causes poison. Based duration is 2 seconds and you can stack poison on top of each other.
IRL stuff
Curious to know what flasks you are using currently with all the new flasks now. I've been using HP/hate/atziri/diamond/quicksilver. Do you think its worth dropping one to use a evasion flask with surgeons and double evasion?
"
jdx3001 wrote:
Curious to know what flasks you are using currently with all the new flasks now. I've been using HP/hate/atziri/diamond/quicksilver. Do you think its worth dropping one to use a evasion flask with surgeons and double evasion?

I'm currently playing this build in PSC. Still using the same flask set up. Taste of hate is hard to pass up since it has damage mitigation during flask effect along with dmg boost. I'd like to note that I took points to ricochet over sharp/venomous since I'm more keen to leveling as of now. Chain is just terrible during atziri runs.
IRL stuff
Loving this build. Leveling has never been easier; its fast, everything dies instantly (still requires a bit of skill!) I'm on cruise control right now at level 62 with mediocre gear....Ok so I do have a legacy Maligaro's, but it was good even before that.

Question tho, why take Master of the Arena? Strength plus bonus life regen obviously? Either way good stuff!
I am just curious for many that are playing this build at the high end maps. With my TS/Puncture trap chr I have always gone for the max physical damage possible to maximize the trap damage which means % physical damage nodes, etc. I play from the Shadow tree and not the ranger tree so I have a few nicer options IMO yet the question I have and I have spec'd into it to test it is when doing core map or any map where boss has area damage, etc. many traps you throw early will get destroyed before they can go off on target. Those that have played puncture trap will know what I mean. How HUGE is the Trap wheel nodes and in general the Clever Construction node (Traps can not be damage for 5 seconds). This seems huge to me yet specing into it means I lose some FRW from Avatar of the hunt where I also lose the physical damage that would also apply to TS (it is only about 7.5k overall) yet the traps not taking damage seems to be an end game huge factor vs especially the core map boss types, etc. yet when I have tried out that trap section it always feels like I do less damage with traps even though the paper dps numbers on the sheet dps are about the same on the puncture trap. Has anyone else really tested and played around with pure physical damage % numbers vs the trap only damage numbers?
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Mar 20, 2016, 10:18:21 PM
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
I am just curious for many that are playing this build at the high end maps. With my TS/Puncture trap chr I have always gone for the max physical damage possible to maximize the trap damage which means % physical damage nodes, etc. I play from the Shadow tree and not the ranger tree so I have a few nicer options IMO yet the question I have and I have spec'd into it to test it is when doing core map or any map where boss has area damage, etc. many traps you throw early will get destroyed before they can go off on target. Those that have played puncture trap will know what I mean. How HUGE is the Trap wheel nodes and in general the Clever Construction node (Traps can not be damage for 5 seconds). This seems huge to me yet specing into it means I lose some FRW from Avatar of the hunt where I also lose the physical damage that would also apply to TS (it is only about 7.5k overall) yet the traps not taking damage seems to be an end game huge factor vs especially the core map boss types, etc. yet when I have tried out that trap section it always feels like I do less damage with traps even though the paper dps numbers on the sheet dps are about the same on the puncture trap. Has anyone else really tested and played around with pure physical damage % numbers vs the trap only damage numbers?

Clever construction was pretty significant to me during uber runs. It's worth losing some ts damage and transfering it over to that IMO. You still get a nice trap damage boost from it and the 5 second is a bonus if you think about it.
IRL stuff
Thanks for the reply. Its no biggie losing about 7k base TS damage its OP anyway especially with Point Blank Node. I have not run any uber runs lately I was working on my other LA/BR build yet I did spec into it once on normal atziri yet did not spend enough time in runs to see any difference since its 1 trap = dead unlike uber runs where traps may get taken out on placements a lot more often and needing to cast more then 1. That's why I was curious on your thoughts on the 5 seconds since spec'ing into it is the same trap paper damage wise. The TS is no biggie. I will play around with your trap spec to that area a little more when I have time. My TS/Trapper is still my favorite character to play and TY for the reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info