[2.2] Ayvi's Point Blank Tornado shot / Puncture build! Uber viable!

Could you update the tree for the new patch, please?
updated tree for 2.2

Also changed from poison to crit damage on puncture set up. The nerf on poison was too much and crit multi received a nice buff
IRL stuff
Have you tried used the endless munitions ascendancy node for +1 arrow? Seems like it would crank up the damage on the TS a lot, plus you can cut sharp and venomous more easily now since you cut poison from your puncture trap.
"
Have you tried used the endless munitions ascendancy node for +1 arrow? Seems like it would crank up the damage on the TS a lot, plus you can cut sharp and venomous more easily now since you cut poison from your puncture trap.

I have considered it, but you have a high chance to cause your target to bleed/poison since TS has multiple arrows on it.

Edit: Would also like to add your puncture gets a free 30% crit multiplier if you reapply the trap on a bleeding target.
IRL stuff
Last edited by Ayvi on Mar 5, 2016, 10:27:58 AM
How does chain interact with puncture trap? Wouldn't want it accidentally reflected.

How does rapid decay compare to icd?
"
Applefarm wrote:
How does chain interact with puncture trap? Wouldn't want it accidentally reflected.

How does rapid decay compare to icd?

This is how chain would interact with puncture trap: If I toss a puncture trap on to a target, the trap will proc. Initial arrow will hit the primary target while the 2nd arrow (chain) seek out another target. Even though trap damage is from you, it's still another source, i.e. totems. you will never take reflect damage when your trap deals damage.

I tried rapid decay and did not like the damage overall. Prior to 2.2, it felt the weakest out of the ICD and Poison. When I have time, I'll try it out again.
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:

This is how chain would interact with puncture trap: If I toss a puncture trap on to a target, the trap will proc. Initial arrow will hit the primary target while the 2nd arrow (chain) seek out another target. Even though trap damage is from you, it's still another source, i.e. totems. you will never take reflect damage when your trap deals damage.

Awesome, thank you.

"
Ayvi wrote:

I tried rapid decay and did not like the damage overall. Prior to 2.2, it felt the weakest out of the ICD and Poison. When I have time, I'll try it out again.

Would you mind testing how it works with pierce + drillneck? Now that pierce gives more, the drillneck bonus could do some work.

Also, how does the range modifier work for TS? Lets say the primary explosion is far away, but the secondary arrow hits a target right next to me.
AWESOME build and guide!! Big thanks to Ayvi :)
"
Applefarm wrote:
"
Ayvi wrote:

Awesome, thank you.

"
Ayvi wrote:

Would you mind testing how it works with pierce + drillneck? Now that pierce gives more, the drillneck bonus could do some work.

Also, how does the range modifier work for TS? Lets say the primary explosion is far away, but the secondary arrow hits a target right next to me.

Well I've never really been a fan of Drillneck + TS. Rare quivers already give you nice stats if you can find a decent one. From what I've noticed with chain, the initial arrows do not chain since they already pierce. The arrows that hit after the explosion chains
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
Applefarm wrote:

Well I've never really been a fan of Drillneck + TS. Rare quivers already give you nice stats if you can find a decent one. From what I've noticed with chain, the initial arrows do not chain since they already pierce. The arrows that hit after the explosion chains

Sorry for not being more clear with the question: Now that pierce got buffed, if I am already running drillneck, could I get better trap damage with pierce over icd as the sixth gem?

"
Applefarm wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info