Now this is too much, i take a break from PoE.

"
Miská wrote:
PoE is so simple, it gives you 3 rough option. 1. SF, you find your own stuff and don't trade. 2. Minimal trading but have a shop, you will find stuff you can trade for stuff you need. Time needed for trading? Almost none. 3. Become a trademaster.

Please show me how I can build my own in-game "shop", is it tucked away somewhere in my hideout?
Last edited by RogueMage on Sep 7, 2015, 6:31:35 PM
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
i'm curious now ... what other games are there that rely on something that is not built into this game?

even the most knowledgeable people in this game don't know everything. it is just so complex. thats why new players will NEVER be able to catch up to those. there is always something new to learn. mechanics change, skills get changed, new content etc.

1:
Hmm, ever heard of Morrowind? Or Oblivion? Or Skyrim? 3 Ridiculously successful games, owed in large part to user-created mods.
People are still playing and modding Morrowind right now.

2:
Why do you think this is bad? Should new players get everything gift-wrapped to them? If so, why?
If new players put in the time and effort they will most definitely catch up eventually. The learning curve is steep, but it's not that steep.
We get new leagues every few months too, this provides a level playing field regularly. I just don't see any basis for complaint.
Elite people/players will always find ways to excel, this is just the way the world works.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
PoE is so simple, it gives you 3 rough option. 1. SF, you find your own stuff and don't trade. 2. Minimal trading but have a shop, you will find stuff you can trade for stuff you need. Time needed for trading? Almost none. 3. Become a trademaster.

Please show me how I can build my own in-game "shop", is it tucked away somewhere in my hideout?

Haha, some people always have something to whine about. If it would have been in your hideout you would have another problem. That's just how people like you go game to game. Complaining and complaining. It is sooooo much effort to list your items on the POE forums. Jeez, what was Poe.trade thinking making this easy for you people.
honestly. with the 3rd party stuff, here is how I think it has played out. they made the game, were considering how to improve trade and then 3rd party programs popped up that were already more powerful than what they would have wanted for the game. They cant stop them, probably dont want to stop them, would basically lose their whole game if they tried to shut down xyz. But at the same time all they can do now is replicate xyz or make something that isnt as easy and powerful as xyz, and anything less would never be used because we already have xyz so its a waste of time.

They need to get their act together and give us these log in codes so we dont have to give our full passwords to these 3rd party programs, they should have done that already and need to get it sorted asap as giving out log in data to 3rd parties is a very bad situation. But in terms of trade systems I think theres very little they can do that both they and the community would find acceptable.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 7, 2015, 7:42:39 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
honestly. with the 3rd party stuff, here is how I think it has played out. they made the game, were considering how to improve trade and then 3rd party programs popped up that were already more powerful than what they would have wanted for the game. They cant stop them, probably dont want to stop them, would basically lose their whole game if they tried to shut down xyz. But at the same time all they can do now is replicate xyz or make something that isnt as easy and powerful as xyz, and anything less would never be used because we already have xyz so its a waste of time.

They need to get their act together and give us these log in codes so we dont have to give our full passwords to these 3rd party programs, they should have done that already and need to get it sorted asap as giving out log in data to 3rd parties is a very bad situation. But in terms of trade systems I think theres very little they can do that both they and the community would find acceptable.

You don't have to give your login to any 3rd party. Shows how much you know.
"
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
i'm curious now ... what other games are there that rely on something that is not built into this game?

even the most knowledgeable people in this game don't know everything. it is just so complex. thats why new players will NEVER be able to catch up to those. there is always something new to learn. mechanics change, skills get changed, new content etc.

1:
Hmm, ever heard of Morrowind? Or Oblivion? Or Skyrim? 3 Ridiculously successful games, owed in large part to user-created mods.

Morrowind was/is the best of them. I am eagerly waiting for that morrowind fan-remake.

"
2:
Why do you think this is bad? Should new players get everything gift-wrapped to them? If so, why?
If new players put in the time and effort they will most definitely catch up eventually. The learning curve is steep, but it's not that steep.
We get new leagues every few months too, this provides a level playing field regularly. I just don't see any basis for complaint.
Elite people/players will always find ways to excel, this is just the way the world works.

Agreed. But generalizing: "i want a bit of better drops as a break from all teh shitty ones" to "gift-wrap" isnt quite the way to go.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Sep 7, 2015, 8:34:19 PM
I sympathise with the OP, I only recently found a rumis and prism guardian (before that zero T2 uniques, despite similar hours played etc).
The key difference in the awakening was they made cool items like rats nest, belly, carcass etc etc FAR rarer, and so we went from finding them quite often (cool feeling) to...never lol. Which led to a game of crap uniques and endless crap rares for a large percentage of players.
They changed the tiers and made them rarer because they thought they dropped too often before (and perhaps they were right) but then they went too far in the opposite direction.
HOWEVER, they have recently tried to reach a more middle ground by increasing by 4 the T1 and T2 drops, BUT we will only really notice this in next leagues unfortunately. Hang in there OP ;)
(as for map drops there's still work to be done to get smoother drops, I'm not sure why they didnt keep Pre 2.0 drop rates, hard nerf say 80-82 map drops until they had enough data, but anyway).
"
Miská wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

You don't have to give your login to any 3rd party. Shows how much you know.

explain
"
"
Ruefl2x wrote:

1:

2:

the reading comprehension of some guys in here is realy what makes it hard to discuss a certain topic!

for your 2nd point read sephirots comment.

and as for the 1st:
if you quote what a guy said ALWAYS quote the full context and not only 1 sentence that may beput out of context.

i explicitly said that MODS are not allowed by GGG and furthermore they are no external programms. hell its not even a programm for itself. it's a modification to the game which is not allowed by GGG! so don't you compare those against each other!

i played oblivion and skyrim. they are great games. i love addons/mods in such games. but you DO NOT have to leave the game in order to use them ... hell, they are BUILT IN!
To quote only part of your post ;)

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
i played oblivion and skyrim. they are great games. i love addons/mods in such games. but you DO NOT have to leave the game in order to use them ... hell, they are BUILT IN!

Mods for the last three TES titles have been .esp files (elder scrolls plugin); a plugin or add-on. They are third-party content not dissimilar to poe.trade, acquisition, or procurement. Which part of them is already BUILT IN?
One could draw many parallels between the Nexus mods and poe.trade websites.

Those games owe large parts of their success to third-party content. Holding GGG up to the same level of expectations as a company like Bethesda is...... unrealistic. Bethesda certainly aren't the only company who do this either.

Trading in this game could certainly be better. Is it broken? No.
Tools exist to make trading easier. I get the feeling GGG are reluctant to openly admit the existence of these tools lowers the priority of creating their own. Instead they work on whatever else is at the top of the list, this is good. GGG said they're working on introducing asynchronous trading and I believe them.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info