Now this is too much, i take a break from PoE.

First of all i must tell you that PoE has been my favorite game for a very long time, sice it was in beta state (before it even was officially released)
I almost do not play other games at all and i allways play the new leagues.

But the thing is that this game was 1000 times much more fun before and it only gets vorse and vorse with every new league/big patch.
My biggest issues with this game are the extremly bad droprates of good stuff.
This has now gone so far that i cant continue anymore, at least not for now.

In the Awakening, witch has been going on for about 56 days i have managed to play 508 hours gameplay on my 3 characters.
An average of over 9 hours every day and i even managed to have an vacation during this time too.
During the awakening i have managed to find exactly 0 (yes zero) useful uniques.
Lately i mostly have played my now lvl 90 incinerator character who constantly has 180mf and i mostly do maps 73-76.
I would love to do higher maps but they almost doesnt drop anymore either.

Im so extremly tired of just farming rares and unsing chaos/regal recepies.
Since nothing (and i really mean nothing) drops for me that is worth anything this is the only way to get any currency whatsoever to buy the gearpieces i need.

This game should be about loot and drops, but now there arent any of this happening, why?
I i dont mean that i havent found any super uniques, i mean that i have found no items at all like Alphas howl, Rathpit, rats nest, lightningcoil, carcass, belly´s and so on.
In these 508 hours played i have found 1 abyssus, 1 kingsguard armour and 1 Angenords staff, and these are hardly worth anything either.

What has happened to this game?
I usually should have several stashtabs with items like this if it had been as it were in erlier PoE.
508 hours played with exacltly no revards at all.
9 hours every single day with no drops other than uniques that maybe are good in leveling normal or first part of cruel.
Last league was also bad, they must have nerfed droprates there too but nothing in the magnitude that i see in the Awakening.

The sole reason i play this game is the loot.
I want find good uniques and gear that are upgrades for my characters.
I also hate trading and mostly want to find most stuff myself.
The changes made to droprates of unique items and maps in the Awakening has now gone to far.
Even though PoE is my absolute favorite game i have no alternative than to try find another game that can fill my needs.

So i will not play any more in the current leagues and hope i have the willpower to stay away (i do love PoE).
I will keep an eye on PoE and maybe i try again in next leagues too see if changes have been made for better drops.
But they have to be huge changes, not like this last chage they made to super rare uniques.
It was 4 times as often right?
You know, 4 x 0 is still 0.

The worst thing is that i dont know any other loot based games except Diablo 3, and i dont think i want play D3 as i have played it before and its not so fun.
I will try find a new one or maybe give up totaly on gaming.

Too bad you are about to destroy this game GGG.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
With more and more people picking up the game, GGG sees more loot dropping, more high end uniques dropping and the threat of these saturating the market. Drop rates have definitely dropped considerably since early 2013, currency included. Recently GGG upped those drop rates by 400% (apparently) but i really don't believe they made that bold of an increase to high end drops.

9 hours a day and you finding nothing is very hard to believe though, and i think i'd be pretty burnt out if i were you. Now, im down to about 2 hours a day after work and i know in that time ill find nothing and im alright with that.
I promise you, im not lying about this.
This is why i istall another game right now.
I must draw the line somewhere.
Even if i have been exremly unlucky it desnt matter, if they make the game like this i will not play it.
So sad about this though, i really love everything else in PoE.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
During the awakening i have managed to find exactly 0 (yes zero) useful uniques.
Lately i mostly have played my now lvl 90 incinerator character who constantly has 180mf and i mostly do maps 73-76.

You know, 4 x 0 is still 0.

1.80 x 0 is still 0 too. Character MF is no different ;)

"
Mateo_swe wrote:

The sole reason i play this game is the loot.
I want find good uniques and gear that are upgrades for my characters.

Stop obsessing over uniques. Does everyone crying over droprates have some sort of unique-item fetish? The vast majority do very little to contribute to wealth generation. Plenty of great loot that isn't unique drops all the time.
Invest time into managing a shop. POE is Trade2Win.

Wealth can be farmed
I played an SRS Scion in the Awakening. 193 IIR / 0 IIQ great clear speed + safety. No good unique drops for me either.

From the sale of levelled gems, rare items, chaos recipe, and fusings.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 3, 2015, 9:18:52 PM
I preferably want to find the uniques i want to use myself.
I can do with trading IF it is an easy sellable item worth more that some chaos.
But generally i hate trading and when it comes to selling rares for currency (chaos/regal recipe) im so extremly tired of it i want to puke all over my screen.
I also id every rare i pick up and i maybe have found some worth something but as i hate trading i dont bother to sell them unless its worth bigger currency.

It is the build enabeling uniques that must drop extremly more frequent.
If shavs drop more or less i dont care at all.
Hating trade is needlessly handicapping yourself.
Scared of getting ripped off perhaps? Sometimes it's simply the price of doing business.
For valuable items it does not take long to search poe.trade for something similar and setting a price from there.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 3, 2015, 9:40:59 PM
I know but i simply dont like trading and want to do it as little as possible.
Also it is way esier to sell uniques than rares as rares must be really good to even sell.

Im not looking to build wealth at all, i only want currency enough to buy the items i want.
And i rarely need Mjölners and such.

It would be much better if the build enabeling uniques were quite common and good rares was the items that was more expensive and could be bought/sold for trade wealth.
Anything will sell for the right price ;)

Build-enabling often means uniquely powerful. Powerful items can't always be common.
You say you play for the loot, isn't getting that big drop part of the experience you claim is so important to you?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
I know but i simply dont like trading and want to do it as little as possible.
Also it is way esier to sell uniques than rares as rares must be really good to even sell.

Im not looking to build wealth at all, i only want currency enough to buy the items i want.
And i rarely need Mjölners and such.

It would be much better if the build enabeling uniques were quite common and good rares was the items that was more expensive and could be bought/sold for trade wealth.

Vast majority of items that are "build enabling" are quite common in cheap. People acting like vast majority of items aren't under 20 chaos.

Vast majority of your wealth comes from trading rares, and farming currency by converting rares into alts/jewelers/fusings and pick ups (another large part is vendor recipes like chaos orb). This isn't a "constantly sell items" to other people type of game .

Also rare must be really good to sell because if you find better rares upon average they wouldn't sell because other people would find the same level of rares. Hence to sell something to someone else it has to be above average.

You can make a shit ton of currency trading very little, farm alot and then trade only high value items. This isn't like rocket science or something, just put in the work. Outside of that there's nothing to the game but farming, if farming is boring then play another game and come back or something.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 3, 2015, 10:00:33 PM
But i dont find much good rares either.
And if i should take the time to trade like 1 chaos items it would probably take more time than playing and find a chaos.

I found this armour the other day.
It got some nice stats but it needs to be crafted for beeing of any real value.
And what are the odds i get a nice ES stat if trying to add a stat, not good.

Since i dont have gotten any good drops at all in this league the droprates must have been lowered by quite much.
I can grind for gear and items but i have a limit where i have to say now is enough.
Finding nothing in 508 hours playtime this league was my limit.
I probably come back in a while but right now i really feel PoE has been destroyed.
At least for me, others might like this enless grinding with almost nothing (in my case really nothing) in return.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info