Now this is too much, i take a break from PoE.

"
Langhun wrote:
I feel it same way for some time. That's reason why I always wanted self-found league. Balancing game for trading and at the same time for self-found players seems to be pretty impossible. We have so many new items in the game and so many possibilites to explore, but it will always end up on shitty drop rates. I have many ideas for new builds but every single one cost so many exalts for uniques, good rares and now jewels,... Will I ever be able to craft something with exalts? At the same time six link never happend. :)

I love this game with all its complexity but I also have my life.

Play std. I can pretty much play any build I want with all the stuff I collected over 1.5 years there.
Git R Dun!
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
I preferably want to find the uniques i want to use myself.

Amen, brother! You are not alone in this. I keep arguing that trading should be optional and you should be able to find everything you want in a reasonable amount of time without trading. But there are always others who say stuff like

"

Oh wait, that guy is quitting too! So there are self-found soloers AND trade mongers quitting PoE. Fun times!

I think I chose a really bad time to come back to this game...

+1

I am sick of making a shop, flipping currency, going to /trade 1 ... a few enjoy this "stock market-game", most people accept it but don't like it (like going to work) ... and thankfully more and more player start to puke on their keyboards if they only think about trading in PoE.
We are playing a GAME boys, it's about FUN... but most people WORK PoE. Sad...
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
... and thankfully more and more player start to puke on their keyboards if they only think about trading in PoE.
We are playing a GAME boys, it's about FUN... but most people WORK PoE. Sad...

Agree completely. This and a couple other key points finally convinced me that I don't like PoE but instead I HATE it. I actually uninstalled the game about two weeks ago but I'm still addicted and senselessly hoping things will change. Eventually the addiction will wear off and I'll stop visiting the forums as well. Would be nice if that would happen soon!

Those lecturing the OP on the merits of trading are missing the point, if they aren't blindly white-knighting the game on purpose. He says he's played the Awakening for 500+ hours, most of which he spent farming, rather than trading, and he feels he wasn't rewarded for it. Whether the game is designed around trading or not is irrelevant, because trading is not the core ARPG activity, it's not why people are attracted to ARPGs, and it's certainly not how this particular ARPG is marketing itself. Offering trading as a counterpoint to the OP's feedback is basically learned helplessness, because heavens -- the economic heavens -- forbid that the game reward players more for actually farming, right?
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
You are rewarded for farming though. You are rewarded every time you trade away drops that don't directly benefit you. As far as I know all drops fall into the following three categories:

1: A drop that directly benefits you
2: A drop that you can trade to another player (this could result in an item you want or currency towards said item)
3: A drop that you vendor (small gains over time)

Item you want = Hours Farmed / ( 1 + Trade Skills )

As far as any white-knighting goes, rng is rng. My first two years of playing POE yielded no t1 unique drops and no items worth more than 10ex.
Grinders gotta grind ;)
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Sep 7, 2015, 4:56:48 AM
It's weird how many replies here don't even seem to understand what trading is in PoE. Flipping is only a sole part of trading only ment to gain wealth. Nobody has to do this if you don't want to.

Trading is about playing the game and finding good items. Wich you sell for currency and buy something you need for your own build. To many people only see flipping and scream 'BAD'. It's weird how these people always have no shop and can't be bothered to put any effort into true trading.

At OP, there is not way in 500+ hours at the start of a fresh league you haven't found a single thing worth something. You are either very unexperienced (Can't see the drops) or you are just ignoring your drops could be worth something for something else. Stop looking at GG items only. Those are rare and are not supposed to drop alot. You can do fine without any decent drop whatsoever with the time you invested. Infact not having 100ex in 500h of playtime is pretty hard to do if you know what you are doing.

I wish this whining about trade and flipping would stop already. Why does everyone want everything for nothing these days? PoE is so simple, it gives you 3 rough option. 1. SF, you find your own stuff and don't trade. 2. Minimal trading but have a shop, you will find stuff you can trade for stuff you need. Time needed for trading? Almost none. 3. Become a trademaster. This is where you trade all day long. And swim in exalts. Can't play the killing monsters game to much.

Pick 1, and shut up that you can't have benefits of someone who chooses a different path. They all have ups and downs, nobody can have it all.
"
Rusery wrote:
With more and more people picking up the game, GGG sees more loot dropping, more high end uniques dropping and the threat of these saturating the market. Drop rates have definitely dropped considerably since early 2013, currency included. Recently GGG upped those drop rates by 400% (apparently) but i really don't believe they made that bold of an increase to high end drops.

9 hours a day and you finding nothing is very hard to believe though, and i think i'd be pretty burnt out if i were you. Now, im down to about 2 hours a day after work and i know in that time ill find nothing and im alright with that.

Are you basically telling me that GGG doesn't understand that more players equals to more loot dropping, but it also increases demand for said loot?

I refuse to believe GGG overlooked something as elementary as that. Oh well, could be true, who knows.
"
Miská wrote:

I wish this whining about trade and flipping would stop already. Why does everyone want everything for nothing these days? PoE is so simple, it gives you 3 rough option. 1. SF, you find your own stuff and don't trade. 2. Minimal trading but have a shop, you will find stuff you can trade for stuff you need. Time needed for trading? Almost none. 3. Become a trademaster. This is where you trade all day long. And swim in exalts. Can't play the killing monsters game to much.

Pick 1, and shut up that you can't have benefits of someone who chooses a different path. They all have ups and downs, nobody can have it all.

the main problem is that trading in this game is awful.

i usually like trading but not in this game and this has several reasons.

- no built in trading post.
you have to use a 3rd party program and use at least one other homepage (i use poe price info too). ppl are not shown "online" correctly. it basically requires you to have 2 monitors and play the game in window mode. if you rly want a rare item, THE single one cause it fits your missing stats, and you cant catch that guy cause he is not much online and then at the wrong times you have no way to get that item. this also is very frustating.

- knowledge.
this is the biggest thing. you have to invest a ton of time until you get to know how to price rare items. legendaries are easy. but for rares you need to know most builds that are played, know what stats ppl want and then know what tier your rolls are. this requires you to use another homepage (poe affix) to look those up. you then need to know if you can cast a certain needed affix on it. this is a bit easier if you have somewhat leveled masters. just put the rare in the bench and see.

not only do you need to play this game you have to learn it. read reddit, the forum, watch videos or streamers. learn the affixes and tier levels, corruptions, the mechanics as a whole.
there is no way new players can learn all this in a short time. i'm not even speaking of more casual players.

- time.
as already said. if you want to sell things you have to be online. for ppl who can only play 2-3 hours a day this could be a problem. you need the guy that wants to buy something from you to be online in the same timeframe. otherwise they move on.

- scam, deflation (warbands exalts), etc. ...
ppl will try to scam you, especially if your account is young. there are also rude guys or complete assholes. you have to deal with all of them. note: there are also nice ppl!

and pls stop with "you want to get handed everything for free" ... NOONE wants this!
but GGG pushed it too far. ppl are leaving because there is only few rewarding moments. and for many the the gap between those exceeds their frustration level.

so something has to happen. either they implement a trading post IN GAME or they have to increase the rates at which "better" (read: not BEST) items and more maps drop.
otherwise there will be no fodder left for top traders.
1. 3rd party programs? Seriously why is this such a problem. TONS of good games out there rely on 3rd parties to IMPROVE gameplay experience.

2. Knowledge about items is the best thing about PoE. The more effort you put into this the better it gets. It literally rewards you knowing your stuff. Please stop the 'i can't do it, so no one should' attitude.

3. Time i agree with. It matter how much time you can spend. But please tell me any other online game where more time doesn't reward more ingame perks.

4. Sadly people do want everything for free. PoE is the best example of that in the gaming industry. There are TONS of really good uniques, build enabling one people don't give a shit about because they aint worth anything.
i'm curious now ... what other games are there that rely on something that is not built into this game?
ggg built their whole game around trading, everyone knows this. but the "features" (i wont even call it that way) they give us are so underwhelming (-> trade chat) that some ppl abuse the notice board as trade board.
note that modifications (steam workshop, wow addons, etc) are 3rd party mods (not even programms) that can be used IN GAME! But GGG does explicitly NOT allow this.

your 2nd point is absolutely true. but you draw a false conclusion to what i wanted to say.
this would also have fitted into my 3rd point (where you argee).
even the most knowledgeable people in this game don't know everything. it is just so complex. thats why new players will NEVER be able to catch up to those. there is always something new to learn. mechanics change, skills get changed, new content etc.
to be able to trade, or better make good trades, you have to get to maps. this alone is a task many player dont perform. then you have to know about affixex, prices and ratios, etc.

if you watch some streamers you notice they sell things they actually craft.
like jewels or jewelry.
i dont want to explain this any further, you should get my point (and no1 would read anyway).

and for your last point. "gimme everything for free".
why you ppl say this? this is so not true for this game.
such guys stop playing at level 40-50 when they didnt get any upgrade for like 20 levels. i'm talkink here about first time players without gg leveling gear. and due to what i said they also have no chance to trade for that gear at this point. and i'm also not talking about mjolner or shavs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info