GGG Please make a decent vendor price for 5-link items

While I would personally enjoy it and vendor a bunch of 5Ls, I don't think it is a good idea.

If not on a gg item or at least item base, 5Ls are super cheap atm.
You don't even have to pay 5 chaos to get one. Why is that so?

They are not too useful for endgame.
They still "look good", so people don't vendor them.
They offer nice entry cards into merciless/maps, so there's actually some people buying them.

If there was a vendor price for 5L, most of them would vanish.
I wouldn't bother keeping a 5L lvl30 body armor, same as I don't bother stashing every single one of the countless levelling uniques I find.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
If a 6L gives you a divine. A 5 should give a blessed.
For the people not understanding my point, just one example :

- A randomly socketed item vendors for a Scroll Fragment,
whereas a 6-socket item (unlinked) vendors for 7 Jeweller's Orbs.

- Now a randomly linked item vendors for a Scroll Fragment,
whereas a 5-linked item (that is much rarer than a 6-socket item) vendors for... a Scroll Fragment...

There's definitely a problem of consistency between base item rarity and vendor price.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
For the people not understanding my point, just one example :

- A randomly socketed item vendors for a Scroll Fragment,
whereas a 6-socket item (unlinked) vendors for 7 Jeweller's Orbs.

- Now a randomly linked item vendors for a Scroll Fragment,
whereas a 5-linked item (that is much rarer than a 6-socket item) vendors for... a Scroll Fragment...

There's definitely a problem of consistency between base item rarity and vendor price.

Some sockets: nothing.
Max sockets: 7 jewellers.

Some links: nothing.
Max links: 1 divine.

You would actually introduce a "consistency problem" introducing a vendor price for non-max-linked items.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I think they should vendor for something, +1 to the idea.
No matter the ilvl - if the itembase is not top quality I don't even bother to pick up 5-link items. This says it all tbh. How about somewhere between 3-7 fusings?
"
Char1983 wrote:
If there is no difference, then how would it be bad? You say that it is "not a good thing". Besides, the effect would be that more currency could be used for crafting, or, in other words, that crafting, linking items etc. would become relatively cheaper. Which also would not really hurt anyone (except for people that are very rich at the moment, because the relative value of their items would go down).

'Cheaper' = 'Less game challenge'

Also...
More fusings means more 6L items
More 6L items means the game becomes easier
Easier game means GGG will have to make it harder to keep it balanced
Making the game harder means GGG will have to use resources to do so
GGG using resources means those resources will not be available for things that would actually make the game better.

There is no real need for changes that doesn't fix a problem, and there is no problem identified here...
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 3, 2015, 5:00:04 PM
i dont think the balance of this game is that fine tbh, I really dont see any impact from giving a few fusing for 5 link.
Before they introduced The Flora's Gift, I would have thought it a good idea. But now, I'd rather keep an easily farmable 5L staff, since I trust GGG to nerf the droprate if it gets a much higher vendor value.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
If there is no difference, then how would it be bad? You say that it is "not a good thing". Besides, the effect would be that more currency could be used for crafting, or, in other words, that crafting, linking items etc. would become relatively cheaper. Which also would not really hurt anyone (except for people that are very rich at the moment, because the relative value of their items would go down).

'Cheaper' = 'Less game challenge'

Also...
More fusings means more 6L items
More 6L items means the game becomes easier
Easier game means GGG will have to make it harder to keep it balanced
Making the game harder means GGG will have to use resources to do so
GGG using resources means those resources will not be available for things that would actually make the game better.

There is no real need for changes that doesn't fix a problem, and there is no problem identified here...

The main effect is that it brings casual gamers and no-lifers closer to each other in terms of character power, which makes it easier to balance the game for GGG.

However, giving 2 fusings for every 5link would have barely any effect at all, since the 5l items are very, very rare. I found my first one at clvl 89.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info