Sites that sell POE Stuff, you kidding me?!!

Pretty easy to ID some of them but GGG can't do much; the problem is too huge. I figure that the idiots want to spend real $$ on a free game to "win" aren't harming the game all that much; what good is buying a shavs or whatever if you have no clue how to use it?
Censored.
GGG doesn't make a dime off those idiots breaking the rules that GGG has in place for RMT. In order for it to be P2W in the technical sense of the word then GGG would be the ones selling orbs, leveling boosters, gear, maps, and all other manner of things to make the playing experience payable instead of playable.

They ban accounts daily by the hundreds of autobot farmers and actively try to track down and ban other people that participate in RMT. So far the GGG team is the ONLY free to play game I have found that does not rely on some form of pay to win to fund their game. GGG's ethics on this have truly impressed me from the day I found the game until now and I'm glad they were able to make it a success against overwhelming odds against them.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
ebeninami wrote:

No my friend, the problem is, i farm like 2-3 year and dont find any item which is worth more than 1 exalt

Hmm...
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Well atleast people are not selling their entire accounts for $5K+ like i seen in WOW!

I mean the biggest issue with RMT is the fact that people WILL pay real money for their gear!

If there wasnt people with cash in hand ready to buy this stuff there wouldnt be people selling the shit!

It all comes down to if theres money to be made someone is going to take advantage of it!

Isnt much you can do about it but just chose to play the game the right way and not worry about what others are doing! Its all you can do really! I mean Blizzard even took people to court to try to stop RMT in its game and even run a program to detect it and they LOST! They are not even allowed to run this program that scans people computer to detect such things in their own game now as a result! So theres no way in hell GGG can do anything about it either! Eve the court systems give power to the RMT sites and not the developers! Which is quite sad!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
They are not even allowed to run this program that scans people computer to detect such things in their own game now as a result! So theres no way in hell GGG can do anything about it either! Eve the court systems give power to the RMT sites and not the developers! Which is quite sad!

Again, it's not as simple. What you are describing is a breach of privacy and court systems are understandably reluctant to allow it. They don't "give power to RMT sites", this is preposterous. They just follow the law as they understand it, and the law takes privacy very seriously.

The problem is much more global and it involves internet as a whole. Internet is becoming a more and more important part of everyday life, while in the same time it's laughably easy to stay anonymous and dodge national legislation there. It's like a virtual state which encompasses the entire world and is almost lawless. A bit of a wild west situation on a global scale.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
OMG, RMT? Really???

Every multiplayer game since people discovered internetz had RMT. If you're not involved, why do you care so much?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

The problem is entirely imaginary and it's in your head.

No my friend, the problem is, i farm like 2-3 year and dont find any item which is worth more than 1 exalt, i have been upto now unrewarded by the games dropsystem, now i see people buy their exalts from RMT sites.
It makes me angry, not just because of the RMT aswell because of the unrewardly dropsystem and alot of other small things which upsets me from time to time in this Game.

I enjoyed it half-way untill i found out the RMT sites, now the half-way turned to no-way.

To understand my feelings you would had to love this game as much i did back when i was thinking its not p2w.

If you have played even casually for 2-3 years you have probably missed or not known the worth of a few items worth 1+ exalts. I was the same way when I just started playing.

GGG isn't providing these RMT sites with currency. If they could shut them down they could. The reality is, these RMT companies are in countries who's laws protect them. Only thing GGG can do, is ban accounts and IPs of the offenders. Unfortunately it is pretty easy for anyone with the knowledge to get around the IP ban, and since the game is free to play... account ban means nothing to them.

Hate the RMT companies, hate the players who use them, but GGG is innocent.
IGN: Orlyi
Hi

And to think I have always been more bothered by Chris and other workers of GGG answering more questions and chit chatting via reddit and not their own official website... Not that spending a few years playing basically everyday and not once finding a bloody Kaoms at 1k life has equally bugged me:(

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Bars wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
They are not even allowed to run this program that scans people computer to detect such things in their own game now as a result! So theres no way in hell GGG can do anything about it either! Eve the court systems give power to the RMT sites and not the developers! Which is quite sad!

Again, it's not as simple. What you are describing is a breach of privacy and court systems are understandably reluctant to allow it. They don't "give power to RMT sites", this is preposterous. They just follow the law as they understand it, and the law takes privacy very seriously.

The problem is much more global and it involves internet as a whole. Internet is becoming a more and more important part of everyday life, while in the same time it's laughably easy to stay anonymous and dodge national legislation there. It's like a virtual state which encompasses the entire world and is almost lawless. A bit of a wild west situation on a global scale.

Well that might be the case but im just calling how i see it! Its basically the courts telling Developers hey peoples privacy within your own servers is much more important that activities going on within your game that can very well hurt your company! sorry! Thats bullshit if i was a Dev i would be quite upset!

But like you say thats exactly how it works and for the courts to side with developers on this would open a whole other can of worms! So at the end of the day what can they do? Nothing! And in the end RMT sites know this and are basically left free to do as they wish! Thats power if you ask me! And it sure isnt on the Developers side either!

I still dont see way Devs can not do this anyway so long as the user is awear of it! Thats where Blizz fucked up was doing it and people finding out on their own! Which is a violation a privacy i get that.... But if Blizz would have had a little check box warning people they will be scanned while they are on their servers then i dont really see the issue! IF you have nothing to hide then what would eb the issue at that point?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 3, 2015, 5:09:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info