Sites that sell POE Stuff, you kidding me?!!

What happened to the " poe will never be p2w " ?!!

Im quitting the Game, people buy Exalted and other stuff from sites that sell it!!!
How can the sites sell so many exalts?!!! They Hack and you do nothing wtf?!

Im so angry right now and i demand an answer from the GGG Staff explaining me this!!!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
ebeninami wrote:
What happened to the " poe will never be p2w " ?!!

Im quitting the Game, people buy Exalted and other stuff from sites that sell it!!!
How can the sites sell so many exalts?!!! They Hack and you do nothing wtf?!

Im so angry right now and i demand an answer from the GGG Staff explaining me this!!!

It's not p2w, this is p2l - pay to lose.

You pay real money to greatly diminish your enjoyment of the game because you get stuff with zero gameplay effort and the game becomes easier, therefore boring, but without any sense of accomplishment along the way.

What exactly makes you so angry about this? Every online multiplayer game has a certain percentage of blind and ignorant fools who pay to lose.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

What exactly makes you so angry about this? Every online multiplayer game has a certain percentage of blind and ignorant fools who pay to lose.

That GGG could not stand up to their word which was "poe will never be p2w"

That statement and fact was the reason i played PoE, now that i know people can buy stuff from sites, its another Good Game which has been destroyed.
Last edited by ebeninami on Sep 2, 2015, 5:15:35 AM
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

That statement and fact was the reason i played PoE, now that i know people can buy stuff from sites, its another Good Game which has been destroyed.

And you think GGG is responsible for some idiots buying and selling items/currency for real money? Why?

And what should they do to counter it, in your opinion?
Shut down RMT sites? How? And how prevent that a new one appears once an old one is closed?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

The game has existed for years and years now. Some people have been cheating throughout that time. The game is still alive and well.

How exactly is the game destroyed by that? Does that really affect you in any way besides psychologically? You were happy and content with the game when you didn't know about it and now it is suddenly "destroyed"? How so? Is it not the exact same game you were enjoying just a moment before you learned about that?

The problem is entirely imaginary and it's in your head.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Peterlerock wrote:

And you think GGG is responsible for some idiots buying and selling items/currency for real money? Why?

Shut down RMT sites? How? And how prevent that a new one appears once an old one is closed?

It's their Game and i think they have Rights to Sue people who sell their work for Real-Money.
If they Sue them maybe others will get scared to sell ever again...

Or make a detection for trades between accounts which trade huge amount of exalts...to spectate the accounts if it was legit or something..

There must be a way to stop these sites, im not the Owner of this Game neither have i the knowledge how to exactly stop these sties. Thats the part of GGG Staff to think of a solution in my opinion.
Last edited by ebeninami on Sep 2, 2015, 5:36:41 AM
"
ebeninami wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

It's their Game and i think they have Rights to Sue people who sell their work for Real-Money.
If they Sue them maybe others will get scared to sell ever again...

Or make a detection for trades between accounts which trade huge amount of exalts...

There must be a way to stop these sties, im not the Owner of this Game neither have i the knowledge how to exactly stop these sties. Thats the part of GGG Staff to think of a solution in my opinion.

You apparently have no idea how difficult (more like impossible) that is. Blizzard-Activision, which have billions of dollars and a powerful legal department, struggled for years with real money trading in WoW.

GGG's resources are almost infinitely limited in comparison. The only realistic approach would be to do one's best to fight RMT within reasonable limits and that's what they are doing.

I ask again, how exactly does the fact that someone pays money for virtual items "destroy" the game? You were apparently happy and enjoying the game and then, within the few seconds it took you to learn of real money trading, you suddenly became deeply dissatisfied with the exact same game.

The problem is inside your head.
"
Bars wrote:

The problem is entirely imaginary and it's in your head.

No my friend, the problem is, i farm like 2-3 year and dont find any item which is worth more than 1 exalt, i have been upto now unrewarded by the games dropsystem, now i see people buy their exalts from RMT sites.
It makes me angry, not just because of the RMT aswell because of the unrewardly dropsystem and alot of other small things which upsets me from time to time in this Game.

I enjoyed it half-way untill i found out the RMT sites, now the half-way turned to no-way.

To understand my feelings you would had to love this game as much i did back when i was thinking its not p2w.
Last edited by ebeninami on Sep 2, 2015, 5:42:28 AM
That is an entirely different problem which has nothing to do with RMT.

You might want to optimize your builds and playstyle, watch some streamers, read some builds. Anyone could make a farm-oriented character starting from zero and quickly reach a stage where they farm several exalts per day only from orbs, without ANY sellable drops.

Anyway, the game is not p2w. Imagine you paid, say, 500 dollars for gear and equipped your character. You enter a level 82 map, you press a button, stuff explodes. Your character is insanely strong and owns everything.

Then what? You would be bored out of your mind. You have nothing left to strive for and you didn't earn your godly status.

You no longer enjoy the game. And you paid 500 dollars for that.

The moment you pay money to get items, it's like giving up and typing a cheat code. You admit you can't beat the game and you want an easy shortcut. You get what you asked for, but it's hollow - you don't apprieciate it. You didn't earn it with time, effort and ability. You lose.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 2, 2015, 5:49:45 AM
Fighting RMT is close to impossible, a task of Sisyphus proportions.

Whenever trade in general is allowed, you will find people trying to abuse this via RMT.
At least in every game that is somewhat popular.
You cannot observe all players, you cannot observe their real money transactions on third party sites (I hope they can't!!!), and you cannot shut down sites, they will simply open up a new one, even if you finally get through the crazy difficult process of shutting one down.

---

About the rest of your posts:
Being frustrated about drop rates, that's fine. Go ahead.
Life is hard, PoE is harder.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 2, 2015, 5:51:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info