2.03: Shavs for all casuals!

"
Earthslug wrote:
Good choice ggg made with the x4 droprate.
I hope ALOT of casuals will get one now.

I played low life shavs before and I can tell to the newcomers:
It is NOT a free ride to lvl 100. Far from it.

Freeze
Stun
Shock
No life flasks to save ur ass, es gone = -10%
Reflect on high dps builds
No armor
Still need to 5 link
Still need to 6 link for godly builds
Still need sick dps weapon
Chaos res or es drains as fast as ur life
No es fill on flame, desecrate maps
RF based on both life and es

If you cant play CI, forget low life.

Still I whish u all the best with it

I can't figure out how passive/aggresive QQ works. Help meh unnerstan.
"
MBata wrote:
"
Earthslug wrote:
Good choice ggg made with the x4 droprate.
I hope ALOT of casuals will get one now.

I played low life shavs before and I can tell to the newcomers:
It is NOT a free ride to lvl 100. Far from it.

Freeze
Stun
Shock
No life flasks to save ur ass, es gone = -10%
Reflect on high dps builds
No armor
Still need to 5 link
Still need to 6 link for godly builds
Still need sick dps weapon
Chaos res or es drains as fast as ur life
No es fill on flame, desecrate maps
RF based on both life and es

If you cant play CI, forget low life.

Still I whish u all the best with it

I can't figure out how passive/aggresive QQ works. Help meh unnerstan.

I dont get it man.
No QQ here.

Im actually cheering this ggg decision. You probably misinterpreted the message.

Gl to you all.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
wennilein wrote:
seriously, i really cant understand some of you guys out there. for me the worst part of the game is to stay in the trade channel to convert your currencies to ex so that you can buy a pricey item. i did that in torment in order to afford a 5l shav and i paid a pretty high price due to good rolls, but i hate everytime i had to be there and losing actual GAMING time!!! seriously, do people consider trading currencies even as gaming?! it feels more like a chore for me.
anyhow even though i spend a lot of ex to get my shav, it is not like i feel betrayed that the drop rate is lowered at all. in the end it just mean that the next time, when i like something else shav-likish id dont need to do the complete procedure all over again.
after all these casual-hardcore discussion here, i enjoy more and more to be just a casual:) it already sounds like a compliment nowadays here^^

I agree with you. Trade is not one of this game's more redeemable features.

Where this game shines is in the depth of it's character building. So I can only see this game benefiting from making more builds accessible to a greater number of players. So I see this as a good change.

As the OP suggested: it's not as if finding a Shavronne's Srappings is going to instantly transform some lucky casual into an over-powered hardcore character. Because there is still a huge commitment required to master your build and learn how to play it effectively. So the hardcore aspects of this game remain intact.

Trade is best part about this game. Do you grow and slaughter cow or just go buy a steak. I thought so. comparative advantage. look it up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 7, 2015, 5:10:23 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
wennilein wrote:
seriously, i really cant understand some of you guys out there. for me the worst part of the game is to stay in the trade channel to convert your currencies to ex so that you can buy a pricey item. i did that in torment in order to afford a 5l shav and i paid a pretty high price due to good rolls, but i hate everytime i had to be there and losing actual GAMING time!!! seriously, do people consider trading currencies even as gaming?! it feels more like a chore for me.
anyhow even though i spend a lot of ex to get my shav, it is not like i feel betrayed that the drop rate is lowered at all. in the end it just mean that the next time, when i like something else shav-likish id dont need to do the complete procedure all over again.
after all these casual-hardcore discussion here, i enjoy more and more to be just a casual:) it already sounds like a compliment nowadays here^^

I agree with you. Trade is not one of this game's more redeemable features.

Where this game shines is in the depth of it's character building. So I can only see this game benefiting from making more builds accessible to a greater number of players. So I see this as a good change.

As the OP suggested: it's not as if finding a Shavronne's Srappings is going to instantly transform some lucky casual into an over-powered hardcore character. Because there is still a huge commitment required to master your build and learn how to play it effectively. So the hardcore aspects of this game remain intact.

Trade is best part about this game. Do you grow and slaughter cow or just go buy a steak. I thought so. comparative advantage. look it up.

What you are describing isn't trade. It's production.

Scanning the endless spam on the trade channels isn't fun. At least it isn't to me. So to suggest that is the best part of this game is a statement I just can't relate to on any level.

Last edited by Berylstone on Sep 7, 2015, 5:57:12 PM
I've never used trade chat. Thankfully more efficient and less busy work tools exist.

God bless poe.trade and acquisition developers. They are the closest thing to AH, the most efficient form of trade.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 7, 2015, 6:00:27 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Wow, that's... That's actually deep.
Spoiler
that's what he said

Agreed.
I ran out of scours and tried to buy some on trade chat.

WTB 4 scours, pay 2 regrets.
IMO a very fair deal.

Spammed it over 8 channels for 10 minutes.

Nothing...

Spammed in caps cause I got outbumped by the script sellers.

Got muted by GM...

That was the end of my trade chat experience.
Got scours via global 820 thank god. Best channel ever
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've never used trade chat. Thankfully more efficient and less busy work tools exist.

God bless poe.trade and acquisition developers. They are the closest thing to AH, the most efficient form of trade.

So see - you are making my point for me.

The trade part of Path of Exile is so horrible you use outside sources to do it.
The economy is going in the right direction, that's for sure.
Expecting new mods from master crafting to enable more "unique rare items" on builds.
"
Earthslug wrote:
I ran out of scours and tried to buy some on trade chat.

WTB 4 scours, pay 2 regrets.
IMO a very fair deal.

Spammed it over 8 channels for 10 minutes.

Nothing...

Spammed in caps cause I got outbumped by the script sellers.

Got muted by GM...

That was the end of my trade chat experience.
Got scours via global 820 thank god. Best channel ever

anyone who has 4 scours and wants 2 regrets can and already has bought them from the vendor for that exact price. You basically have to find someone who will take pity on you to make that trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info