There seems to be a lost in trust with GGG and Map Boss Rant

It's funny because I skip ALLWAYS the 95% of the map or bosses that you put in this list... I Agree 1000%.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I'm more scared of the lightning warp totems in torture chamber than of the boss
6.1k hp/19k armour/710 regain/ max all resist with only 3% off chaos.

No block, explosive arrow scion and I can kill most all these bosses.

A lot of these bosses are overtuned. I still avoid brutus, Dom, Lazr Piety. I've fought and can kill them but not worth my time, too easy to die in hardcore even with my stats.

Now I may be able to do that because I am ranged and a lot the time my golem will tank, or I kill off screen which is just stupid.

I feel really sorry for melee, for the most part yeah you can face tank these with right stats or leech but all it takes is a couple lucky hits, shock stacks, or lag to die.
Wonder if anyone at GGG as played maps with a normal solo self char (self found even)
They would be here saying the same thing

And this should be looked at... whats the point if people just skip everything it means you need to rebalance teh content
Or you need a better build. OK, I am not playing hardcore, but... most of the bosses are doable. Some stuff is scary like this:

but in general a lot of the bosses mentioned are really doable. I like challenging boss fights. And I am playing on a shitty connection where bosses sometimes warp around due to desync.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Or you need a better build. OK, I am not playing hardcore, but... most of the bosses are doable. Some stuff is scary like this:

but in general a lot of the bosses mentioned are really doable. I like challenging boss fights. And I am playing on a shitty connection where bosses sometimes warp around due to desync.

Then whats the point in other builds if you can only do maps with the best build
Run a new char that isnt maxed out with your own build or eve a build from a forum that isnt LL ST 1billion damage 1 hit shavs mirrored gear build
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

Then whats the point in other builds if you can only do maps with the best build
Run a new char that isnt maxed out with your own build or eve a build from a forum that isnt LL ST 1billion damage 1 hit shavs mirrored gear build

thats not really the case though, many self found/self made builds work and can destroy high maps with very average gear. You could say whats the point in having builds and items that are supposed to give rise to powerful combinations if literally any old random combo of passives and items can easily beat all the content?

Part of having a good build and item system is the potential for shit builds and shit items, theres no meaning in the systems if you cant do it 'wrong'.

i have builds with crazy items, you dont need them to beat high endgame, the way those builds function they obliterate endgame, its a joke, running a lvl77 map is like taking a lvl70 character through normal difficulty docks. Its pretty much impossible for you to die to that sort of content and you just 1 shot 95% of the map, Id say thats quite far beyond whats necessary to actually clear those maps. Youre looking at 400 exalt builds and you could reduce the budget to 4 exalts and still beat the map without too many problems.
"
Lynerus wrote:

Whats the point in the best build if the game gets boring as hell with it? I have one build that is about 30 exalt, maybe a bit less, one that is about 10 exalt when you subtract the (not necessary) +1 endurance charge belt, actually the cheaper one is better in maps (the more expensive one uses Scold's Bridle which is 21 ex and essentially is only needed for Atziri). I have a third build that is like 2 ex and not yet in maps, but I expect it to do fine in maps.

You really do not need a very expensive build to play in the map system or kill the mentioned bosses. For dual Necropolis Merveil with extra damage and -max resist you need a rather decent build though, not sure if my characters can do it deathless. I am also pretty sure that someone could pull off a sub-5ex-build that can do it though.

Just as someone has run Atziri with CI and Eldritch Battery in 1.3. That is 1 HP no ES. I cannot do it, but there are people that can.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Bosses in maps are overtuned

We can discuss that for a while.

Personaly i experienced mapping with many different builds ( i'm playing all maps bosses when testing a build ) and except few bosses i feel endgame is way too easy.

I would prefer an endgame gated by difficulty than gated by RnG layers everydays.
This is supposed to be an HC game right ? Or the only HC part is to be forced to reroll when you die ? I still can't find an answer to that in 2+ years.

Edit: I admit btw there is a balancing problem between different defense available in this game.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 3, 2015, 9:06:00 PM
Imho Bosses are fine, with 1 or 2 exceptions.
The reason why I believe there is a loss in trust is because they say one thing and do the other.
They want to remove unnecessary and mandatory gems? Sure, introduce more.
Better rewards for completing maps? Yes of course, lower everything, so a "new rewarding experience" is slightly less than what you got.
Balance is bad, economy is gone, skill tree is bloated, build diversity is non existent. Skill system is just about stacking as many multipliers as you can. 98% of content is tedious and predictable. In game shop looks like a 12 year old's first glowing pc.
I just did a blood grip race event. Now players have corrupting blood. Is that the pinnacle of their creativity?
Played with a group of 3 farming maps afterwards. Now my highest map is 74, used to do 78+.
Content up to 80 is trivial even with a self-found toon (granted, it's an archer).
The next endless ledge event will be my last, then I'll move on.
I still hope that GGG increasing high end unique drop rates is a sign of some kind of turning point. Maybe someday they'll add more league stuff to standard league without the need of a tedious farm wall. Fix some overlooked skill gems (especially mines), and add proper party support. But as long as their answer to everything is "increse the grind" I'll have my doubts.

GL & HF everyone.

PS: For those having trouble with the maze oversoul boss. You can still pull him out of his area and use your surroundings as cover, waiting for a safe phase to whack away at him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info