There seems to be a lost in trust with GGG and Map Boss Rant

To be fair, some of the bosses you listed are not as difficult as you make them out to be.

But they surely have overtuned all the bosses, especially the act4 map versions of them.

Also honorable mention: Legacy of Zeal Fury Hound is OP as hell.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
My old facebreaker build used to be able to get 95% in a specific resist, and had a shield to swap to that had high spell block (saffell's frame). This build didn't even use an Aegis, didn't need one. I face tanked twinned piety map that had bad mods on it. It was more like 2 piety + 15-20 mobs. On a team of 3. Everybody died but me. I could go inside a level 74 map and go AFK in a pile of most types of mobs, go take a dump, come back in 5-10 minutes and I'm still alive. I even did that vs some groups that had some chaos damage mobs peppered in, and I had -60% chaos resist and still face tanked them all. Hold the mouse button for 1-2 secs, and they're all hamburger meat. I could run a physical reflect map like it was no big deal. That was one of the "bad" mods I aimed to roll for. In other words, TC you're a scrub.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 1, 2015, 3:37:46 PM
"
nononononono wrote:
To be fair, some of the bosses you listed are not as difficult as you make them out to be.

But they surely have overtuned all the bosses, especially the act4 map versions of them.

To be honest every boss he listed, im able to facetank laughin to his face...

ps. 3G plz no nerfino :(
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
You used to be able to make builds with less than 10ex worth of gear that were mad tanky, and had enough DPS for clearing maps solo. Is that even possible anymore? What's the best price/performance build at the moment?
To be honest, those are the maps that have annoying bosses that can be a pain in the rear

Desert: Very annoying, nothing new
Phantasmagoria: Overtuned as hell, the explosions can be lethal depending on the mods
Orchard: Lovely 1 hit mechanic with the wrong mods
Malformation: Lazor piety
Possibly torture: Depends where the lazor hits
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
You used to be able to make builds with less than 10ex worth of gear that were mad tanky, and had enough DPS for clearing maps solo. Is that even possible anymore? What's the best price/performance build at the moment?

Depends on your definition of clearing maps solo. If you don't mind going at a slow pace, there are a lot of budget builds out there that work great (Flameblast, Flame Totem, etc.).

There are also a lot of builds that can be built budget for low level mapping, but have a high ceiling for dps and clear speed if you're willing to dump currency into them (Tornado Shot, SRS, etc.)

But no matter how good/expensive your build is, you're going to die to certain bosses if you don't know how to fight them. Labyrinth boss will consume corpses and hit you with his EK and kill 99% of builds in 1-3 volleys. Shock and Awe will keep his laser on you until you die if you don't break the targeting with a pillar. Piety will kill anyone if you let her hit you with her laser.

TL;DR -
A lot of builds can clear maps on a budget, but you still have to use your brain or lots of bosses will kill you.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
nononononono wrote:

Uhm... which map is that?

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Not sure, my lvl 91 Cyclone 5l Marohi Marauder can be built with less than 10 ex for sure and I have yet to find a boss that he cannot do (mostly probably because I did not run any 80+ maps yet).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I'll take the above posts into consideration that stuff has been nerfed into oblivion, just like I assumed it was. And maybe bosses and stuff have been tuned up, I dunno.

I don't recall piety having a 1hko no matter what attack, unless they tuned her up to something crazy, she was always face tankable with a defensive oriented build. 1hko no matter what attacks make armor/HP/resists/block, etc pointless. I don't play a tank so I can run/avoid/move around attacks. People used to say you couldn't face tank vaal smashes, and it turned out you could with the proper setup.

I used to make class cannon builds that required you kite around and kill stuff, and those builds got really old, really quickly. A solid melee build shouldn't be required to do that. I'm not playing an ARPG to have to move my character around like its space invaders. Run in, pwn it, grab the loot if its not crap. Dying? Level up and get better gear, or take your build back to the drawing board.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 1, 2015, 5:47:53 PM
Hahaha @ boss description OP.
I see exactly what u mean :)

Some are easier as u describe em.
Orhers spot on.

Zana opened me a lvl 72 crema map.
Insta rekt bossfight lol.

Lvl 68 village town or hows that called. That chicken boss insta fucked me.

Tnx zana

Yeh OP you sure are not alone
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I'll take the above posts into consideration that stuff has been nerfed into oblivion, just like I assumed it was. And maybe bosses and stuff have been tuned up, I dunno.

I don't recall piety having a 1hko no matter what attack, unless they tuned her up to something crazy, she was always face tankable with a defensive oriented build. 1hko no matter what attacks make armor/HP/resists/block, etc pointless. I don't play a tank so I can run/avoid/move around attacks. People used to say you couldn't face tank vaal smashes, and it turned out you could with the proper setup.

I used to make class cannon builds that required you kite around and kill stuff, and those builds got really old, really quickly. A solid melee build shouldn't be required to do that. I'm not playing an ARPG to have to move my character around like its space invaders. Run in, pwn it, grab the loot if its not crap. Dying? Level up and get better gear, or take your build back to the drawing board.

we are talking about piety from malformation btw, not the one from temple. She uses a laser that hits for A LOT of damage (or 1 hits you depending on your stats)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info