Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

"
lostcoaster wrote:
That is the patch I am waiting for!

I like that some items are super rare and a lot of efforts must be pay to make build work. But obvious there are something wrong if you have to be a good merchant (or flipper?) before you can play the build you like.

So it would be absolutely OK to start the game with mjolners in your hand? Because you don't have to do anything to play what you like. What a nonsense.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
"
xavier3jr wrote:
Might actually find a T1 uniq now!

but on another note, will be there be any buffs to life leech in this patch?

Bex said that amongst other things there are balance changes in 2.0.3. Hopefully this means leech will be changed.
Another quality ZAP! post.
GGG doesn't something that isn't anti-fun? GGG doing something that the entire of the community hates but GGG ignores all criticism?

Something isn't right.
1st you punch the players in the gut, then you pat them on the back and say "its ok, here, have this water beverage as an apology~ hope we can still be friends~~~". Nice, dirty, gives mixed signals, but I can understand the tactic and dig it to an extent.

Of course you'll always have the typical vocal "minority" which will hate you for giving them a beverage, or anyone else a beverage, as displayed by the usual "don't make things easier/funner for crying out loud!" squad you see here or on reddit.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
When I read "Interesting drop rate changes" I was expecting to be reading along the lines of "We will seriously buff currency drop rates, Exalted Orbs now drop around 150 times more frequently than before".

Divination cards are a step in the right direction but as long as the currency penalty is still affecting them it's all a moot point anyway.

Levelling items being able to actually be found while levelling is good. High end unique drop rate change doesn't affect anyone, 4*0 is still 0.

All in all a 4/10 manifesto.
2,500 hours on a level 100. Over 90% of the time spent playing solo. Even in maps.
Closing in on 500 Atziri runs and 16 Uber runs.

Never dropped a tier one. Making them slightly less rare shouldn't change much.

Wish people would stop complaining.

Last edited by Crithos on Sep 1, 2015, 2:50:10 AM
This is the best change the game has ever seen since lockstep was introduced.
Much respect for being able to look at the drop rate situation and come to terms with it.
I personally found my first tier 1 drop last week, it was a Mjolner.. a unique gavel dropped and I thought it was gonna be trash again, then I hovered over it and when I saw Mjolners artwork I shit my pants so hard I rocketed thru the roof. I never expected this to happen. Now I can hopefully experience this more than I used to. The bad part.. well I guess I'll need more underwear.
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
"
lostcoaster wrote:

I like that some items are super rare and a lot of efforts must be pay to make build work. But obvious there are something wrong if you have to be a good merchant (or flipper?) before you can play the build you like.

So it would be absolutely OK to start the game with mjolners in your hand? Because you don't have to do anything to play what you like. What a nonsense.

Super clever argument, taking what people say and rephrase as an absolute ridiculously extreme.

"You're saying you want Saturday off? What's next, you want the next six months off in paid vacation, a salary raise, and to make all executive decisions? What kind of idiot asks for that shit?"
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
"
lostcoaster wrote:

Super clever argument, taking what people say and rephrase as an absolute ridiculously extreme.

"You're saying you want Saturday off? What's next, you want the next six months off in paid vacation, a salary raise, and to make all executive decisions? What kind of idiot asks for that shit?"

Don't be mad, if they couldn't strawman they'd have to actually think of a counterpoint.
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.

Bingo.

Good change.
Sadly this means magic finding is more powerful than ever now as well, making it even more appealing that it already was.

When i read that change i was also expecting MF to possibly adjusted in some way, seems like that isnt the case which is kinda scary since magic finding loot gap is the difference between night and day.

I mean ive only technically found one endgame T1 item and it was a windripper, soo im happy that after a few years of playing i might actually find another endgame unique, sometime in the near future, id hope.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Sep 1, 2015, 3:01:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info