A genius answer

"
TheWretch wrote:
T-Rexes are too hardcore to alt-f4

I actually don't alt f4 never have surprisingly, It is very very tempting to do in HC though when things get sketchy <.<
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 27, 2015, 1:39:12 PM
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Everyone knows exactly what that guy was asking. Why are we praising the devs for giving dick answers? I thought we didn't like trolls. I thought everyone here was a superior intellectual so why is pretending you don't know what someone is saying when you really do so genius? Chris dodged a question in a shitty trolly way and were all up on his balls about it?

because the devs have answered this mulitiple times and some people with less than honorable intentions wont let it go because its not the answer they want.
Oblivious
Scripts are part of Windows, so we can run them now?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
yungwhiz wrote:
Everyone knows exactly what that guy was asking. Why are we praising the devs for giving dick answers? I thought we didn't like trolls. I thought everyone here was a superior intellectual so why is pretending you don't know what someone is saying when you really do so genius? Chris dodged a question in a shitty trolly way and were all up on his balls about it?

why so agressive?
alt+f4 is the fastest way of actively resetting the network connection to the server, period. ggg prevents alt+f4, players find other ways of resetting that connection (no, pulling the cable does the opposite as tcp/ip is a stateless connection).

if ggg were going nuts and escalated the situation by forbidding alt+f4 or taking measures for players not being able to quit the game easily, players would setup a proxy pc which watches the traffic and inserts(sends) rst packets to the server on demand. and if it's from a separate program wich evaluates a webcam stream of the health globe.

so, instead of escalating and explaining the obvious for anybody having some clue of the tech, chris made a joke for those who are clueless. best thing he could do, imho.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 27, 2015, 3:31:59 PM
"
"
TheWretch wrote:
T-Rexes are too hardcore to alt-f4

I actually don't alt f4 never have surprisingly, It is very very tempting to do in HC though when things get sketchy <.<
Ill be honest, i've exited to chr selection in races. Alt-F4'ing would take me too long to boot back up. When in Rome..
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I thought we didn't like trolls.

Where in the world did you get that idea?
"
Cmon this was fucking golden

"
Alt f4 - why keep this function?

Because it's part of Windows.

I giggled
"
Cmon this was fucking golden

"
Alt f4 - why keep this function?

Because it's part of Windows.
It's true however. This is one of standard shortcut of the OS, and it's a "good practice" to not override it, from a pure software perspective (not discussing impact on gameplay here).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Aug 27, 2015, 5:15:10 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

why so agressive?
alt+f4 is the fastest way of actively resetting the network connection to the server, period. ggg prevents alt+f4, players find other ways of resetting that connection (no, pulling the cable does the opposite as tcp/ip is a stateless connection).

if ggg were going nuts and escalated the situation by forbidding alt+f4 or taking measures for players not being able to quit the game easily, players would setup a proxy pc which watches the traffic and inserts(sends) rst packets to the server on demand. and if it's from a separate program wich evaluates a webcam stream of the health globe.

so, instead of escalating and explaining the obvious for anybody having some clue of the tech, chris made a joke for those who are clueless. best thing he could do, imho.

That is a really big stretch. What part of that would stop a log out timer which is probably the best and easiest way to prevent alt f4ing. But it's beside the point now. I guess everyone does love trolls. Maybe next time we will get lucky and instead of answering questions he will point out spelling and grammar errors so we can all have a good laugh about it. Or better yet he will copy and paste definitions of words from the dictionary to prove his points on based on technicality's. There are truly no limits to the great and mighty Krillson. Hue hue hue
My personal favorite was:
Spoiler
How tired are you of us players screaming about this or that being overpowered and then complaining about nerfs ;)

We realised that it's generally different players in each group, rather than people who complain about both simultaneously. As long as the complaints are phrased in a friendly, positive manner, we're okay. There are a lot of passive-aggressive questions in this thread.

Passive-aggressively pointing out many players' passive-aggressive attitudes.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Aug 27, 2015, 5:37:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info