A genius answer

I am sorry sc people. I tried to play your kind of game. The league achievements pushed me towards that direction, but i still can't stand it. What's the point of leveling up and allocating your newly aqcuired skillpoint if offense always is better than defense? You don't die so, it's meaningless. What's the point of finding gear upgrades? You already don't care about dying and your dps is huge because you play a "sc" build full of offensive nodes. It's meaningless. The progress in that league is nothing you can be proud of. It's just meaningless.

So, i will keep playing in that league you call "alt-f4" league, which at least gives me a sense of accomplishment and i will still not care that people abuse alt-f4 to stay there. Everything, with the biggest possible flaws, if it is hc, then it is still better than sc to me.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 29, 2015, 2:18:17 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am sorry sc people. I tried to play your kind of game. The league achievements pushed me towards that direction, but i still can't stand it. What's the point of leveling up and allocating your newly aqcuired skillpoint if offense always is better than defense? You don't die so, it's meaningless. What's the point of finding gear upgrades? You already don't care about dying and your dps is huge because you play a "sc" build full of offensive nodes. It's meaningless. The progress in that league is nothing you can be proud of. It's just meaningless.

So, i will keep playing in that league you call "alt-f4" league, which at least gives me a sense of accomplishment and i will still not care that people abuse alt-f4 to stay there. Everything, with the biggest possible flaws, if it is hc, then it is still better than sc to me.

Achievement Unlocked: Playing the style you prefer!

Congratulations, have a cake.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I don't like sweets.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
You could pour some of your salt on it? :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Aug 29, 2015, 4:48:42 AM
Okay, that one you're going to have to explain to me - I don't get it.

"
Pyrokar wrote:

actually it's the macro league (script automatically alt-f4s for you)
Last edited by andreicde on Aug 29, 2015, 10:53:46 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am sorry sc people. I tried to play your kind of game. The league achievements pushed me towards that direction, but i still can't stand the point of leveling up and allocating your newly aqcuired skillpoint if offense always is better than defense? You don't die so, it's meaningless. What's the point of finding gear upgrades? You already don't care about dying and your dps is huge because you play a "sc" build full of offensive nodes. It's meaningless. The progress in that league is nothing you can be proud of. It's just meaningless.

Sure, you can go pure offense, if you don't mind topping out at level 80, having dogshit clearspeed as you constantly run back from the checkpoint, and not sustaining a map pool because you don't kill enough mobs before running out of portals, let alone killing any of the bosses.
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I completely respect that you want to play hardcore, but your description of softcore is simply inaccurate. If you don't build for survival, you won't level past 70s.

Also, the same logic for progress/upgrades applies as for any videogame that doesn't have permanent deaths - most of them, if I understand correctly. You may find literally every game without perma-death to be pointless because you feel there's zero reason to progress. Thats fine, but I think most gamers disagree. That's why those games are made and sell.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:

Also, the same logic for progress/upgrades applies as for any videogame that doesn't have permanent deaths - most of them, if I understand correctly. You may find literally every game without perma-death to be pointless because you feel there's zero reason to progress. Thats fine, but I think most gamers disagree. That's why those games are made and sell.

Nah, it's TOTALLY because the people who play those games are uncultured plebs who can't cut it in a REAL game and so need the game developers to hold their hands. That's exactly why. Really.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:

People lose their characters due to game glitches, DCs, random lag spikes, etc. How is that any different from "dog ate my router cable"? Random events that put your character at risk will always be present. They are unavoidable and should be an acceptable part of gaming. That doesn't mean a logout timer should not be implemented.

"Hardcore", imo, can only exist with a logout timer.

If avoiding death is the sole criteria for hardcore, than every single living organism on Earth plays hardcore. The slug oozing it's way across the garden is hardcore. The blade of grass silently growing in the front lawn is hardcore. Except, that the slug and blade of grass are really even more hardcore than any gaming style.

Why? Because they can't just "make another character". Adding a login timer would make the game more "hardcore". IOW - if you die in a given league, you have to wait a week to make a new character, or, you can't make another character in that league at all.

IMO - If a third party has to mandate what risks have to be taken, then the players aren't really risking anything extra, just the minimum. Asking for a logout timer, increases the minimum risk, but the risk is still minimal.

Hardcore playing styles in video games were around before any company coded them in. They were there because a portion of players like the thrill of living on the edge. For some players of PoE, Alt+F4 means they will push that edge as far as they possibly can. Without Alt+F4, they'd be a little more cautious - and for them, the game would end up being less hardcore and a lot less fun. From GGG's perspective, having Alt+F4 in the game allows them to make that edge even sharper.

I genuinely like GGG's answer on Alt+F4. Not following the standards when coding causes far too many problems.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info