For those interested in a decent ''poe'' style type of game without constant nerfs

I played both Sacred 1 and 2 and they were both OK but not as good as TQ, imo. Haven't tried Grim Dawn. Yet.
Censored.
grim dawn is nice for offline game but have issues with my win xp D:
my english sux.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I played both Sacred 1 and 2 and they were both OK but not as good as TQ, imo. Haven't tried Grim Dawn. Yet.

I played both + TQ too, but I kind of found TQ a bit boring. Heard good things about Grim Dawn, but waiting for the game to get finished before I try it
Oh btw those that found sacred 2 a bit stale, try it with community patch and this

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/22121-dev-diablo-2-fallen-mod-for-sacred-2/

The game is a whole new experience (sacred 2 and diablo 2 hybrid)
I will have to see if I still even own it anymore. I want to say I sold it. :(
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I will have to see if I still even own it anymore. I want to say I sold it. :(

worst case scenario, 17$ on steam
I did a bit of contract work for Ascaron when Sacred (1) came out -- actually liked the game, but it didn't come close to Diablo 2, which it wanted to be the killer of. Sacred 2 was okay (not a 2012 game, btw, it came out in 2008), I didn't really enjoy it as much. Sacred 3 is ... well, horrendous, really. I don't know why it was even released.

I loved Titan Quest, played it for a long time and was sad when Iron Lore folded. Those guys had a lot of promise. I haven't tried Grim Dawn yet (some of the same people), but I'll eventually get around to it. Just came out during one of my excessive PoE playing phases. :)

I also liked Fate, Torchlight 1 and 2. Not super deep, and unfortunately poorly balanced, and with bad network code for MP (TL2), but good fun. Also great developers that seemed to care. (In some ways I like Torchlight's predecessor better, though it never came out of alpha in the west - what was it called? Mystic? Mythic? Something like that. Was sold to an Asian company.)

I feel that D3+RoS is the only real alternative to PoE currently. Not even an alternative, just a good companion game. It's still not D2, but I'm amazed at how they managed to turn the release wreck around and shaped it into a very playable game. The latest patch also improved on crafting (rerolling legendaries, equipping three attributes that were extracted from legendaries, etc), and I love the new Season Journey (bit like challenges in PoE) that rewards a pet. I hope GGG steals that idea - it makes seasons/leagues worthwhile even if you play casually.
Nerfs aren't so bad in a game like D3, because gear is pretty versatile, and you can change your build on the fly. I'm still waiting on PoE to settle down before I get back in it. Maybe in 2-3 years. Things are still nerf bat happy.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 31, 2015, 1:47:49 AM
I don't think they will ever settle down. They want to keep the game dynamic which I can understand.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't think they will ever settle down. They want to keep the game dynamic which I can understand.

If they can go just 3 months, or 1 season without completely gutting some build, I might decide to come back. The reason this frustrates me, is that these items are included into the game and anyone who isn't a complete scrub understands that item is really, really, good. Yet this somehow missed the initial approval phase for the said item, and they give people time to have fun with the said items/builds before they completely gut the builds that use them and create a new line of OP legacy tier items. They'll nerf items like Soul Taker, just to turn around and give people Mjolnirs. Tell me that's not an endless cycle in PoE? I like new content, but I don't like to feel like I'm being pushed into the new content, and nerfing metagame items and builds does exactly that.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 1, 2015, 2:30:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info