For those interested in a decent ''poe'' style type of game without constant nerfs

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't think they will ever settle down. They want to keep the game dynamic which I can understand.

If they can go just 3 months, or 1 season without completely gutting some build, I might decide to come back. The reason this frustrates me, is that these items are included into the game and anyone who isn't a complete scrub understands that item is really, really, good. Yet this somehow missed the initial approval phase for the said item, and they give people time to have fun with the said items/builds before they completely gut the builds that use them and create a new line of OP legacy tier items. They'll nerf items like Soul Taker, just to turn around and give people Mjolnirs. Tell me that's not an endless cycle in PoE? I like new content, but I don't like to feel like I'm being pushed into the new content, and nerfing metagame items and builds does exactly that.

That's always the big issue, nerfs on builds constantly
I no-lifed Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion for 4or 5 months in my break-away from PoE. TQ is amazing game when realize it was released in 2006 and 2007. You definitely want to download fan patch + some HD mods but it is absolute beast of a game. I very much liked theme, gear and build planning in D2 style.

I also purchased Grim Dawn early access long time ago. I liked the game a lot in its early stages but developer brought significant balance changes at one point, huge nerfs to certain classes that break my characters, which forced me away. I came back recently to check on GD progress, I was already playing PoE again, only to realize that GD is extremely slow. It was so slow that I was getting bored very quickly.

I caved in recently and bought D3 RoS being influenced by several PoE streamers switching to D3 for new season. I sort of enjoy new playstyle that was introduced in RoS because I played D3 upon its original release with infamous RMT AH. It is interesting experiment and refreshing change compared to PoE. I'm not yet in the endgame but I can already see lots of possibilities how to improve your gear in short period of time. Kanai cube also adds lots of flexibility to tweak your gear. Lastly, I like Adventure mode and bounties. This provides nice little game within a game mechanic with solid rewards. I will come back to PoE in couple of weeks for sure, D3 does not have the longevity of PoE, but it will be one hell of a ride while it lasts.
"
Baron01 said:
TQ is amazing game when realize it was released in 2006 and 2007.

You are so right! I played it when it was new, and replayed it, etc. then gave it a rest and played again and again after the ep came out. For the time it was the greatest game of the class since D2, easily.

I understand why people are angry about builds getting nerfed all the time. I got nerfed bad w/awakening, like a lot of other people and didn't like it one bit, I'll admit. However, playing devil's advocate here, if they don't nerf builds what is to stop some people from just playing with same builds over and over again? That gets dull. I think it is hard for them (as it would be for anyone) to balance the dynamics they want with the obvious ill will the nerfs inflict.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
Baron01 said:
TQ is amazing game when realize it was released in 2006 and 2007.

You are so right! I played it when it was new, and replayed it, etc. then gave it a rest and played again and again after the ep came out. For the time it was the greatest game of the class since D2, easily.

I understand why people are angry about builds getting nerfed all the time. I got nerfed bad w/awakening, like a lot of other people and didn't like it one bit, I'll admit. However, playing devil's advocate here, if they don't nerf builds what is to stop some people from just playing with same builds over and over again? That gets dull. I think it is hard for them (as it would be for anyone) to balance the dynamics they want with the obvious ill will the nerfs inflict.

Some people like to play the same build over and over again lol.
Grim dawn rocks.
Especially with the new patch out. Nicely balanced, a lot of builds, nice items and drops. Overall a great experience.

BUT, people want free shit. God forbid a dev asks money for his creation!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info