For those interested in a decent ''poe'' style type of game without constant nerfs

"
vio wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
If you like ARPGs I highly recommend Diablo 3 and it's expansion, Reaper of Souls.

you don't say .. is it free to play and not ptw?

yes its f2p, you just need to buy the game first
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

How's the character customisation?

Well, at first it kinda sucked, but with this new system we can arguably customize more than PoE even can. Para lvl points, legendary gems to socket that synergize with passives, set and legendary items under the new itemization system play off of the runes you choose in your skills in really cool and unique ways, dyes and as many free skin transfers as you want!!
Since there's a lot of mentions of Titan Quest, how about the new early access Grim Dawn? Anyone tried that and what did they think about it?
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 27, 2015, 10:45:15 PM
"
But at what level does that start happening? I like that in PoE I can play strange and off-class ways pretty much from the start.

You got me there, cant do that until you hit soft lvl cap in D3.

E: Story mode is like their tutorial at this point :p
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 27, 2015, 10:11:20 PM
"
Lanster27 wrote:
Since there's a lot of mentions of Titan Quest, how about the new early access Grim Dawn? Anyone tried that and what did they think about it?

Its pretty fun, didn't hook me the way PoE did though, not even close
'constant nerfs' are a symptom of a development team whom actually care about the game.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
But to be honest, I do think this game do nerfs on par with MOBA and MMO games. I don't think anyone plays POE competitive, and I don't think there will ever be a "The International" for POE, so why try hard to keep a fine game balance?

For a predominant single player game, why can't they buff instead of nerf things? Why do I have to do a new build when a big patch comes around only to find my old, adequate and fun character now can't play the way I played before?
"
"
Lanster27 wrote:

Grim Yawn.

Doesn't have the same appeal as TQ? A least I've heard the loot system is much better than POE's. And the game doesn't spit at the players trying their own, not min-maxed, builds. I always miss TQ's "allocate skill point to whatever skill and still have fun" leveling system.

And no trading required (thank ****).
"
Lanster27 wrote:
But to be honest, I do think this game do nerfs on par with MOBA and MMO games. I don't think anyone plays POE competitive, and I don't think there will ever be a "The International" for POE, so why try hard to keep a fine game balance?

For a predominant single player game, why can't they buff instead of nerf things? Why do I have to do a new build when a big patch comes around only to find my old, adequate and fun character now can't play the way I played before?

Some people are tryhards, but then again, that happens in every game. Until the nerfing train stops, I'll focus more on sacred 2, away from all this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info