2.0.2c Patch Notes

"
xAlteredBeast wrote:
Yeah this update doesn't really effect me I only encounter ghosts after I've killed any nearby mobs they would have haunted anyways or I find them desperately hugging a wall refusing to let go. Nice try but you didn't get me this time GGG!

hehehe this.
IGN: Megawipe
Initial bad design allowing abuse.

Nerf so those who abuse it get less.

As do those who don't.

Expected result.

Funny thing is, ghosts were already bad if not abusing, hugging walls, not targeting the off screen rare. Dragging all those mobs around means you have at least 1 rare for the ghost to target that you take TO THE GHOST. That will still be the case.

This means using the abuse method will still result in lootsplosions.
This means not using the abuse will result in a wall hugging ghost now barely effecting the few trash it touches.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 26, 2015, 4:36:11 AM
What a dumb and lazy change.

Change the mechanic, so there is maybe limit how many monsters they can touch, but dont fucking shit on people that dont abuse this.
Last edited by miljan on Aug 26, 2015, 4:32:28 AM
"
styyled wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.2c
  • Monsters that are touched by Tormented Spirits now barely drop any loot at all.
  • Monsters that are possessed by Tormented Spirits still drop the same amount of loot that they used to.

This patch was deployed without a realm restart as a direct response to any remaining urges for players to continue to play Warbands. While we felt this technique was clever, it was clearly visible that players were enjoying themselves by setting up multiple characters in order to have fun and get loot. There is no need to restart your client in order for us to squash one of the few remaining aspects of this dismal league that you enjoyed.

I think there were some typos in your post.

Dont worry, my fix was deployed without the need for you to re-create your post.

PJSalt

Yo ucna stop playing, I will just drag ghost to rare monsters like always and get more unqiues/rares than before
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 26, 2015, 4:53:33 AM
There must be a better solution than this.

Too often are there no rares around the ghosts, not to mention their AI. And if there is a rare and it's a crab or something, you get nothing either way.

Are you also reducing the damage buffs blue/white packs get from the spirit buff? I thought not.

Meh, nerfing fun stuff as usual, guess grinding is in their name so there's no escaping it.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I dont see problem with this fix, It even mean better chance to get unique from ghosts instead of low curency drops from white mobs. This is buff for normal players who don't do that method.

The only problem with ghosts is this:

What? In your diagram the ghost paths to the wall, ignoring the off screen rares and touching the few trash mobs with the now 'touch of shit'.

"
Monsters that are touched by Tormented Spirits now have smaller bonuses to item quantity and rarity.
Monsters that are possessed by Tormented Spirits now have larger bonuses to item quantity and rarity.

Now lets add the abuse to your pic.

So tell me, how is this "buff for normal players who don't do that method". The method is now required to get the rare monsters who now have a larger bonus to item quantity and rarity to the freaking wall hugging ghost.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 26, 2015, 4:53:24 AM
why wondering about the nerf ? By spamming videos here and on reddit with "look how it is OP omg shitons of uniques, so awesome, it's broken blabla"... Nerf was kinda obvious, because in some way YOU required it.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Aug 26, 2015, 4:57:02 AM
Hate u GGG jsut nerf the whole fucking game..
"
So tell me, how is this "buff for normal players who don't do that method". The method is now required to get the rare monsters who now have a larger bonus to item quantity and rarity to the freaking wall hugging ghost.

It is sad that ALL your ghosts touch walls. But if you don't know how to play no matter what GGG will make, they will not mak you better player.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 26, 2015, 5:11:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info