2.0.2c Patch Notes

I don't really post, but I have to log in to say this.

It is EXTREMELY disappointing that GGG doesn't seem to mind people colluding, using secret information, and manipulating the market to gain currency, but penalizes strategies that are similarly profitable but involve actually playing the game with such extreme prejudice.

Why is this? Are you really making a game you guys would want to play anymore?
Last edited by Throw_Rug on Aug 26, 2015, 10:17:20 AM
"
Throw_Rug wrote:
It is EXTREMELY disappointing that GGG doesn't seem to mind people colluding, using secret information, and manipulating the market to gain currency, but penalizes strategies that are similarly profitable but involve actually playing the game.

Good point.
Last edited by robertredberry on Aug 26, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
e: NVM
Last edited by Ahzr on Nov 3, 2022, 12:34:02 PM
"
MollariGaming wrote:
Patch 2.0.2c_mollari

Lol. As the person who posted this stuff to Reddit, I just wanted to say it NEEDED to be nerfed. Anyone who says something otherwise is lying. The salt in here from people is hilarious and I thank you all for making my night wonderful. Just like any other nerfs the people hyperbole the the max.

I could have sat on this all league and made an insane amount of currency but whats the point? I have enough to get whatever I need for any of my characters so I figured I would stop some of the drama about the 72 mirror crap and release the videos on this. It is still a lot of fun and even after the runs I did tonight I made my 8c back on EVERY map. I will STILL be doing this to farm. QQ.

If stuff negatively affects the game, the way I want to play the game, that is, I get pissy. It seems as if the majority of people play the game the way I like to play it because they are pissy like me.

However, finding a buttload of loot does sound fun.
Last edited by robertredberry on Aug 26, 2015, 10:37:14 AM
"
Throw_Rug wrote:

It is EXTREMELY disappointing that GGG doesn't seem to mind people colluding, using secret information, and manipulating the market to gain currency, but penalizes strategies that are similarly profitable but involve actually playing the game with such extreme prejudice.

while you can play the trader game with a toaster, pulling 300+ mobs through several ghosts and producing several screens full of loot which lets the game crash if you display them all requires a high end system.

it excludes all people running the game normally from getting that amount of rewards. those players will most likely leave the game if they can't run these type of loot heists because normal drop rates would have to be adjusted to this additional influx of items, making normal gameplay even less rewarding.

"
Throw_Rug wrote:

Why is this? Are you really making a game you guys would want to play anymore?

i think so.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
After thinking about it this is bad even if the vaccum farming is OP as hell.

You wont really fix what you were trying to fix and only hurt normal player.

If the IIR IIQ is even 1/3 what it was it will still be OP to vacuum farm.

OFC normal Joe Blow just farming regular wont see shit from his 7 infected baddies he chased a Ghost into.

But Vacuum farmers go from 3-4ex and 15 uniques a map to 1-2ex and 5-6 uniques. Still GG. Still OP.

Everything is relative.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 26, 2015, 10:52:30 AM
Looks like lightning warp has also been fixed by this patch.
Edit: Less duration still does not work, but it does seem faster now
Last edited by _JoWie_ on Aug 26, 2015, 10:49:55 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
How GGG can change ghost so it doesn't affect only people who use zana mods? Only way is nerf zana mods. Thay changed rarity so now you have to push them to rare/unqiue mobs like it was designed in the first place and what you should do anyway.

"
(I assume this was the case)

You asume, so you know nothing about ghosts interactions and you talk about it... I think GGG that know numbers do better balancing that people who asume how things work.

You miss-quote my post, omit options I suggested as possible solutions and than quote out of context one part where I obviously could not state with absolute confidence (because I do not work at GGG and do not have access to their code, and it does not even matter) how it worked as a main reason for your post? Wow, this is new level of argumentation on internet.

I will repeat myself, GGG could opt for several much simpler and fairer adjustments that would prevent this abuse than just flat-out neft the drops, here are the options:
1. Only allow single ghost buff per monster
2. Add duration to ghost buff so it is not possible to move monsters with such buff around map for infinite time
3. Implement effective mob leashing that it is no possible to keep them aggroed beyond certain point from they spawn point
4. Make ghost buffs multiplicative rather than additive (again, this is assumption based on the huge explosions which could never be achieved if the buffs are multiplicative)

Any of the above suggestions, and plenty of others I could not think of, would prevent the abuse that was practiced by selected few and allow majority of players to enjoy increased loot from time to time when they manage to chase ghost through few packs of monsters.

GGG's solution was to toss A-bomb on the problem, which certainly sorted it out but in the process killed everything in sight. Heavy handed and blunt.
"
_JoWie_ wrote:
Looks like lightning warp has also been fixed by this patch.
Edit: Less duration still does not work, but it does seem faster now

i don't understand why lightning warp is handled differently than blink arrow.
"
Baron01 wrote:
GGG could opt for several much simpler and fairer adjustments that would prevent this abuse than just flat-out neft the drops

for me it looks like an emergency fix to prevent further damage before more players jump on the hype train and create special characters for these runs.

a more reasonable fix is likely to follow as it is harder to implement some additional mechanics than changing some rarity and quantity numbers.
Last edited by vio on Aug 26, 2015, 10:59:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info