What do you think the Cold Movement skill spell will be like?

"
iesler wrote:
Firstly, sorry about necroing, but I think a lot of players still really want a cold movement spell.

And now the meat. I had an awesome idea for how a new movement skill could work that would add an interesting new style of play. Imagine if said skill had say 3 charges, each charge places a pathing point which your character "ice slides" to in order of placement and during the duration of movement allows you to continue using skills (obviously wouldn't be much use to melee skills). It could look similar to Frozone/Various Waterbenders/Iceman. I think this would be especially cool for people wanting to try the new channelled spells but are concerned by the stationary nature of casting them.

That's the best suggestion I've seen.
Mechanically it adds a ton of build potential to the game, yet it's effect is simple.

edit: And if there is an issue with the skill possibly only being used to create speed clearing builds then the slide could lower something like accuracy or crit chance. Then it could be beefed up to be very useful for non-crit self cast builds without being abused by other things.
Last edited by Redfeather_1975 on Dec 9, 2016, 10:52:56 AM
"
iesler wrote:
Firstly, sorry about necroing, but I think a lot of players still really want a cold movement spell.

And now the meat. I had an awesome idea for how a new movement skill could work that would add an interesting new style of play. Imagine if said skill had say 3 charges, each charge places a pathing point which your character "ice slides" to in order of placement and during the duration of movement allows you to continue using skills (obviously wouldn't be much use to melee skills). It could look similar to Frozone/Various Waterbenders/Iceman. I think this would be especially cool for people wanting to try the new channelled spells but are concerned by the stationary nature of casting them.

We got one.
Details on Illusory Warp here
U MAD?
Illusory Warp is a terrible movement skill. 8 sec cooldown and only available on a unique item. I hardly think it's relevant.
simply slip'n slide

you step on an ice cube and slide away knocking back all enemies in your path
Skates of course!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Im thinking Silver Surfer hop on the board and go to town :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info