PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

What do you think the Cold Movement skill spell will be like?

"
pneuma wrote:
It's a shame they brought back Phase Run, because I always wanted the cold movement skill to be similar.

Something that surrounds the player with a whirling vortex of cold energy that chills and slows nearby enemies and massively increases the player's movement speed for a short time. It should look and feel like you go into "bullet time".

It would match cold's aspect of speed control in a clever way without just being LW2.0 or FD2.0.

(Bonus points if it does enough damage to scale ala Hurridruid from D2, but not necessary and probably blends too many things together.)

That sounds awesome, would prefer to anything that becomes blink like as the other two movement already are.

I imagine super ms, with some drawback like 'skills do 'x' less damage while buff active'.

Could also make it an awesome speed runner skill
Don't forget that Physical Melee has one too, Leap Slam. Physical Ranged is Blink Arrow.

Yeah, a dash with a ice tempest around you would be good for me.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
You cast a sheet of ice and it makes your character move significantly faster on it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I think it will be something like Merveil do, insta-tp with cooldown
Will probably be opposite of Blink arrow.

Ice Clone- Creates a clone of caster at selected location. Can be recast to switch location with clone. Clone will probably blow up in an ice nova or something on recast.
Do you guys know the game Killer instinct? A character called glacius is a "living ice" and can melt on the floor into a waterform, becomes invincible for a short time while moving forward then reforms itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFgfaP7f7Rs

now that we have phase run which makes you "invisible" to the monsters, we could get a slow movement skill with a duration of 2-4 seconds, cannot "bunny hop" over obstacles, short range, travel time. The character becomes a small water pool which moves at an increased speed and cannot be body blocked. Ennemies above your water form become chilled for a short duration. Cannot attack and cast until the end of the effect.

toggleable skill, with 3 uses and a cooldown.

A defensive utility movement skill, scaling with aoe% and increased duration.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Aug 31, 2015, 2:25:10 PM
Last edited by HammurabiJones on Aug 31, 2015, 4:08:04 PM
"

Um, yes please :)
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Firstly, sorry about necroing, but I think a lot of players still really want a cold movement spell.

And now the meat. I had an awesome idea for how a new movement skill could work that would add an interesting new style of play. Imagine if said skill had say 3 charges, each charge places a pathing point which your character "ice slides" to in order of placement and during the duration of movement allows you to continue using skills (obviously wouldn't be much use to melee skills). It could look similar to Frozone/Various Waterbenders/Iceman. I think this would be especially cool for people wanting to try the new channelled spells but are concerned by the stationary nature of casting them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info