What do you think the Cold Movement skill spell will be like?

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Well, since y'all went for the first thing to come to mind, I'll throw a second one out there.

How about a whirlwind of ice crystals which forms around you, visibly breaking you up into ice crystals and snowflakes, which then whisks you over to your destination, reconstructing you? As it would have to be pretty slow in its base form (to allow for the visuals), it should be very powerful to compensate, perhaps performing something on par with an Ice Nova on arrival as the whirlwind spreads out away from you, covering the surroundings with frozen ground? Call it "Blizzard Rush." =^[.]^=

That's awesome. Really. I want it. Not even as a movement skill, just as a full out build spell skill.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Well, since y'all went for the first thing to come to mind, I'll throw a second one out there.

How about a whirlwind of ice crystals which forms around you, visibly breaking you up into ice crystals and snowflakes, which then whisks you over to your destination, reconstructing you? As it would have to be pretty slow in its base form (to allow for the visuals), it should be very powerful to compensate, perhaps performing something on par with an Ice Nova on arrival as the whirlwind spreads out away from you, covering the surroundings with frozen ground? Call it "Blizzard Rush." =^[.]^=

That sounds so badass but RIP potatoes. =*[.]*=

Spoiler
Sorry, felt compelled to borrow your cheetahmoticon :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Raycheetah wrote:

I like.

This is from a post I made in the suggestions forum in 2013

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Molten Charge Spell

Ok so we have lightning warp as a cool move skill for spell casters, but its a lightning base. I love movement skills, I think theres issues with regards targeting but thats another post. The idea here is to target a destination, you would then turn into fire and perform a shield charge type slide along the ground, passing through all enemies in your way, dealing fire damage and leaving an arctic armour meets firetrap molten path that quickly disperses.

Ice Warp Spell

Cold movement, target location and works like warp but you disintegrate into shards of ice and then reform on the location with a bang that creates a patch of chilled ground with a chance to freeze enemies at the target location. Youd use it to position and reposition around a pack or get out of danger fast. Much less damage than lightning warp but instead helps control enemies around the target location with the chill, maybe no damage.

great minds as the saying goes :D
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

I like.

This is from a post I made in the suggestions forum in 2013

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Molten Charge Spell

Ok so we have lightning warp as a cool move skill for spell casters, but its a lightning base. I love movement skills, I think theres issues with regards targeting but thats another post. The idea here is to target a destination, you would then turn into fire and perform a shield charge type slide along the ground, passing through all enemies in your way, dealing fire damage and leaving an arctic armour meets firetrap molten path that quickly disperses.

Ice Warp Spell

Cold movement, target location and works like warp but you disintegrate into shards of ice and then reform on the location with a bang that creates a patch of chilled ground with a chance to freeze enemies at the target location. Youd use it to position and reposition around a pack or get out of danger fast. Much less damage than lightning warp but instead helps control enemies around the target location with the chill, maybe no damage.

great minds as the saying goes :D

Gorammit, Snorkle! If you'd pushed hard enough all that time, we might have this by now! =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

I like that idea too! It would go well with

The animation for that mtx "reconstructs" like you described.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
a combination of AA and phase run
It's a shame they brought back Phase Run, because I always wanted the cold movement skill to be similar.

Something that surrounds the player with a whirling vortex of cold energy that chills and slows nearby enemies and massively increases the player's movement speed for a short time. It should look and feel like you go into "bullet time".

It would match cold's aspect of speed control in a clever way without just being LW2.0 or FD2.0.

(Bonus points if it does enough damage to scale ala Hurridruid from D2, but not necessary and probably blends too many things together.)
Shatterdance: Move to target location, dealing physical and cold damage to enemies you pass through. Enemies that are shattered while you are traveling produce frigid clones that travel outward in random directions, dealing cold damage to enemies they hit. Channeling for longer deals more damage and you travel faster.

Tags: Movement, Cold, Projectile (clone production and distance), Melee (clone damage), Channel.

Spoiler
It's Daresso's ice ring attack, but for players.

Spoiler
I'm not sure about the channeling aspect.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
A pillar that raises you into the air, allowing you time to recover through flasks.

The pillair will have a set amount of HP which, when expended, will put the player back on the ground.

While the player is on the pillar they are immune to melee damage.
Something like Blink Arrow called "Ice Tomb" it will enclose you in ice and then you will appear in a different spot while an ice version of you appears in your old place with enhanced armour/es
2spooky4me
Last edited by OniAsura on Aug 25, 2015, 9:56:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info