Ah running HC... feels frightening

Beyond boss showed up - Shifting Darkness. Fuck that I skip most of them right? Heart skipped a beat lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Double post
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 25, 2015, 6:41:26 PM
unique beyond bosses

Ephij, Crackling Sky - spams vaal storm call, hurts but doable with kiting and topaz flask, high hitpoints / phase acro recommended in higher maps

Bameth, Shifting Darkness - archer guy, hurts like a motherfucker, run if you don't have good chaos res, stay away from corpses (vaal detonate dead)

Tzteosh, Hungering Flame - spams raging spirits and flameblast, hurts but easy to kite, should be doable with PA if you stay mobile and don't eat the pizzas / facetank the spirits

Haast, Unrelenting Frost - nasty bastard, tons of ice spells in AOE, can't really kite him but doable with good defenses and sapphire flask. If encountered in higher map, ask yourself "can I easily facetank Necropolis Merveil?"

Na'em, Bending Stone - leap slam / summon skeletons guy, better run from this one, deals extremely high physical damage and shoots physical projectiles in a cross shape. In a 78 map, with 6k hp, lightning coil, fortify and some endurance charges, one of his projectiles would hit me for about 5k. They can be dodged but you can't learn how to do it without practice and eating some of them.

Abaxoth, The End of All That Is - name is self-explanatory, get the fuck out (might be difficult to recognize him cause he summons a ton of adds, if you see a unique Beyond guy with a ton of adds, run away and don't look back)

...or you can spare yourself the philosophical questions and tactics and just run away from all of them until your hero is obscenely strong, that's not a bad approach for HC generally :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 26, 2015, 1:47:54 AM
Just Melee and give them !! :D
Well with time passing by you´ll lern to avoid anything that can rip you, and still, there are mapmods or combinations that can and will 1shot you if you aren aware :O

stay safe
got "lucky" with a voidspawn of abaxoth pack in a shore i even got the king himself fancy lightshow...decided today is not the day i will die and left
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
I've lost two good characters in Tempest: level 73 and 63. Both times it was my fault. And you know what ? Both times it was just hilarious ! When you play Standard your death means nothing, it actually changes nothing, but when you die in HC... You played, you spend your time, your effort to this character, and then - puuff - you're out. In this 20 seconds you feel like you are dumbass, you're angry as hell, your eyes are red and you facepalming yourself and tell yourself that you are fucking idiot... But when that 20 seconds left - it is just so awesome feeling, you died, again, and it was your fault. And this was because you've lost you concentration, your caution...
Well, both times after I died I felt like I've drunk some great cocktail of anxiety, anger and it was just awesome. It is like when someone suddenly scares you - at first you're angry but then you're just laughing.

And, of course, after death in HC you can start new build.
Tempest is the first HC league where I have a level 20+ character. Just dinged 83 on my first character ever yesterday, currently doing maps trying to build some kind of a map base.

Anyway, I've had two VERY scary situations the past two days. Yesterday, I went into the Jungle Valley map boss room completely blind. I don't know why; I had been checking maps and bosses on Youtube before that to know what to expect. But this time I just went in. Well, it was quite an experience. Thank god my Split Arrow has effectively no mana cost, so I could kill adds while damaging the boss. I felt I could do the fight so I didn't just exit right away.

Another scary situation happened just 10 minutes ago. My character completely lagged out in a map. I couldn't move, I could still move my mouse over items on the ground and see stats. I didn't know what to do, so I just spammed my potions and spammed "Exit game/to character selection". Fortunately I'm still alive in Tempest.

So, question: What should I do if my character lags out? Alt+f4 immediately?
Last edited by zarquon on Aug 26, 2015, 7:56:29 AM
"
zarquon wrote:

So, question: What should I do if my character lags out? Alt+f4 immediately?

I think so, yes. I think GGG's server has some type of response to players lagging out because I've had my internet stop while fighting a map boss and nothing bad happened. I did alt+f4 immediately but my net had stopped so my game didn't have a way to communicate with GGG's servers that I've quit.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Damn, I wanted to watch you run through HC and eventually rip. Oh well, best of luck I_No. When you rip, may it be in an absurdly hilarious way that makes you laugh instead of rage.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
I was streaming earlier :P I'll do it later today, I am getting bored though.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info