Master Crafting Metamods

"
Morsexier wrote:
Where can I play the version of PoE without masters, in my opinion, all theyve done is screw up the game I like to play, and negatively affect each area of the game I play, racing\crafting\economy\end game.

Also, making the cost go from 2 eternals to 2 ex is incredibly short sighted. Why is the cost not 6 - 8 exalts for this mod now?

Edit also :

"
Why did Carl quickly delete a reddit comment last year clarifying how this works?

He didn't want to accidentally reveal what was, at the time, not commonly known by the community. In the same way to how we don't reveal vendor recipes, we don't want to accidentally affect the natural progression of how players work out crafting tricks.

I don't even know what to say, once the cat was out of the bag, it was out of the bag, but only for the people who saw it.

Ok, explain to me how the masters negatively affect YOUR game. You can either use them (esp. for casual players and players without a huge bankroll masters are a godsent) or don't. Having players with a head start in races (the ones really rushing into high content) making a lot of early currency to then start and build/craft the items like +3 bows does not affect you, does it? When you need one of them, you can actually get them, because they are actually there. If you don't need one, well, go figure...

Masters are one of the best things that ever happened to PoE. It made the game easier for casual players, because itemization got easier, fixing resists got WAY easier etc.
And they offer vast amounts of options for richplayers/high level players to get richer, play the markets, or just craft silly stuff. In the end, only +3 stuff is a mastercraft that is the highest tier. All other stuff crafted with masters is worse than you can craft the old fashioned way or find.
Granted, Meta-mods make high end crafting easier. But they also make it easier for you. And they make lower tier items cheaper (surplus of GG stuff), so players like me can actually afford them.
Good explanation, ignore all the nay-sayers!
"
Chris wrote:
Orb of Scouring says "Removes all properties from an item"! Why doesn't it remove mods that are locked?

The purpose of Mods is to override the regular game rules. If you have an item that says "You Can't Be Frozen", then that overrules the game rules that freeze you. In this case, the "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" mod that you can explicitly add to an item overrules the static behaviour of the Orb of Scouring. Removal counts as a change.

Note that this explanation that they affect crafting rules was made in the initial patch notes when the metamods were released.

The very patch notes you linked state, and I quote:
"
Added five new crafting mods for level eight masters. These are meta-crafting mods. They affect the rules of what mods can be added or changed on an item.

It specifically lists "added" and "changed", but omits "removed".
The only way to find out the way scouring interact with it was:
1) Having poor reading comprehension (so much for being clever...) and blowing 2 eternals on an item that would most likely end up white.
2) Having an indiscreet staff member telling you.
Last edited by Triplebuze on Aug 20, 2015, 7:08:13 PM
This is so amazing, I love this Chris, the level of troll is so awesome, the incentive to explore these dark niches of Wraeclast is now stronger than ever.

Inception Level Troll !

-VOC
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
"
Triplebuze wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Orb of Scouring says "Removes all properties from an item"! Why doesn't it remove mods that are locked?

The purpose of Mods is to override the regular game rules. If you have an item that says "You Can't Be Frozen", then that overrules the game rules that freeze you. In this case, the "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" mod that you can explicitly add to an item overrules the static behaviour of the Orb of Scouring. Removal counts as a change.

Note that this explanation that they affect crafting rules was made in the initial patch notes when the metamods were released.

The very patch notes you linked state, and I quote:
"
Added five new crafting mods for level eight masters. These are meta-crafting mods. They affect the rules of what mods can be added or changed on an item.

It specifically lists "added" and "changed", but omits "removed".
The only way to find out the way scouring interact with it was:
1) Having poor reading comprehension (so much for being clever...) and blowing 2 eternals on an item that would most likely end up white.
2) Having an indiscreet staff member telling you.

Pretty much this, spot on. Many, given that these two guys are in same guild with GGG and given that guilds' history of botters and RMT, #2 is definitely not far-fetched.
IGN: LessBow
Chris, I see you have a "Private" profile, could you equip a couple of interesting items and see if anyone in the community can guess what they are !

I think you might learn some things with this fun exercise for the community.
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/
"
Morsexier wrote:
Where can I play the version of PoE without masters, in my opinion, all theyve done is screw up the game I like to play, and negatively affect each area of the game I play, racing\crafting\economy\end game.

Also, making the cost go from 2 eternals to 2 ex is incredibly short sighted. Why is the cost not 6 - 8 exalts for this mod now?

Eternals were ~50 times rarer than exalts.
Casually casual.

I want blood, and i want it now. GGG i want you to ban and delete all currency on those ..... how to call them?......Illuminati? Take actions now.Disgusting ppl ruining economy on every league. I have 1 question for them. Why dont you just play the game without flipping and exalts/crafting shenanigans? What is the difference between haveing 100 exalts and the bes tgear in the game and hoarding 10 k exalts?
70 | 1 is a pretty broken economy lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
70 | 1 is a pretty broken economy lol

That's optimistic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info