Master Crafting Metamods

I really really dislike the thought that Reddit which has been in the past an overwhelmingly positive portal for dev interaction is now just another sandbox messageboard to be gamed as you see fit. Feels like player-dev interactions took a big blow with the way this was handled. The levels of mistrust are going to be pretty high now all so a select few could benefit enormously.

"
Lucid_ wrote:
100:1 ratio = "different" economy, not broken

wow thanks for clearing that up :)

Ok. This would only be a problem if let's say my 6L unique was 18 exalts before this revelation and it still continues to be 18 exalts, but that is not true. The prices of EVERYTHING is going to drop naturally if exalts are getting that much more valuable.
Nice.
"
Orb of Scouring says "Removes all properties from an item"! Why doesn't it remove mods that are locked?

The purpose of Mods is to override the regular game rules. If you have an item that says "You Can't Be Frozen", then that overrules the game rules that freeze you. In this case, the "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" mod that you can explicitly add to an item overrules the static behaviour of the Orb of Scouring. Removal counts as a change.

TBH this is poor Chris.

You have 2 different "mod" statements on 2 different items: one is a currency item stating "Removes all properties from an item" and the other is an item with a mod stating "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed".

How is the community supposed to know which overrides another?

Scouring states it removes "ALL properties" not "changes prefixes"... one would expect the former to be he overriding "game rule" without clarification, which you've just now outlined.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
I'm too angry at the moment to write a coherent response but I'm going to tear this bullshit up in an hour or two. This is beyond stupid on GGGs part, and a slap in the face to the community.
Man I wish I was one of those who made over 20,000 exalted orb profit out of this.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Standard might be a legacy dumpster, but I far rather play there now since every new league is plagued by dupers, flippers, and now even people making programs to scan inventory of players (even those that set them to private) only to scam them off their items/mirrors.

Hope all the negative things that happened in this game so far serve GGG as information on what NOT TO DO/ALLOW when they release their next game. This here, is disgusting. Standard dumpster server is more fun than getting screwed over by these shady people and people who have access to the Alpha on temp leagues.
IGN: LessBow
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1401799

was told to carry the discussion on here, already had it all typed out might was well paste it here. (quote from other thread)

"
the part I take issue with is the depth of the advantage provided by something 99.9% of player base had no way of knowing.

If the vision GGG has for this game is for closely guarded knowledge to make Gods of a select few players, then it's not a vision I want to be a part of.

except 99.99% of players could have known this, all they had to do was test it themselves. the tools were there nothing was prohibiting them, its not even that crazy of an interaction - prefixes cannot be changed does what it says, shocking.

this is the vision ggg has always had for this game, its the reason they don't release vendor recipes. they want the community to have discoveries for themselves, and honestly i dont see how it took a year for people to realize how strong master mods can be.

Bex closed my thread so I'll say my piece here:

The extent of the advantage provided by this specific information is simply too great. Your vision of players being rewarded for being clever is not one I can support.

Let players discover the GCP recipe? Sure, I can get on board with that. The existence of an alternative to Eternal Orbs?

No way. If that's what you think is okay not to disclose then I feel like I don't even know you anymore. I can't imaging buying any more supporter packs. I'm not supporting the people I thought I was.
"
TBWW wrote:
How the hell is the average player supposed to experiment with the game given how hard is to acquire certain orbs? See exalted orbs for example. This is a game that can only be fully enjoyed by the rich minority. To the rest of us is a big "fuck you" in the face. Hell, all the recent events even made me miss Diablo 3 for a moment, and that's saying something. I would elaborate but I don't care about this game, its community or its developers anymore. Fuck this game and fuck everyone who took part in this giant pile of bullshit.

By real money trading, apparently... like a bunch of people who got banned for it in that guild where those two GGG friend's reside.
IGN: LessBow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info