[2.2, HC] Asta's "Lioneye's Archery" - A High Armor/HP Tornado Shot Archer

The Death Rush ring is only slightly better than a ring with flat phys roll from Elreon.

I also am curious if you can reach my dps values with same EHP values ;)..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

thanks for this build. been running it in darkshrine, pretty much completely self found. it's been quite enjoyable and is quite strong. though i'm only at about level 60 atm, and not yet in merciless.

getting the perma-fortify and low life defense bonus from Champion ascendancy will make this build so unbelievably tanky!

added the passive for the version 2.1

What do you think of dropping some HP nodes and put on crit in standart?
I have started the build and plotted it out till level 65 ( your first check point) thinking I can get the rest later but since the December update your Passive skilltree dont show anymore.
As a new player with little knowledge of POE I dearly need the rest of the build plan :)

Thanks
General_Quarters
Thanks greatly!
"
OxYmaRRoW wrote:
What do you think of dropping some HP nodes and put on crit in standart?

Phew, you really need a hard investment for crit builds and also, this archer is build arround Resolute Technique.. ;)

Very nice build, Asta! I'm doing a Shrapnel shot build in Talisman and after checking out your build, I noticed it's kinda similar to yours. It's called Close Stalker.
Really dig your build. Leveled it to 71 in Softcore Darkshrine before my friends quit and I got bored. I modified it to use Lioneye's Glare to really fit the rest of the aesthetic. Because of that, I went without Resolute Technique and could utilize some crit. At level 71, I was clearing level 74 maps with relatively little danger, though it did take awhile because my damage wasn't quite up to snuff. Doing a Poorjoy's at level 70 was probably my biggest overall mistake, though I still managed to net close to a full level. :)

Currently using it as a guideline for my first toon this league as well. I'm using Blast Rain instead of Tornado Shot because new stuff, but the passive tree is identical. The gem setup will obviously be different as well, but I'm mostly interested in showing you my slightly altered tree.

Shall we call it...The Master Blaster? "TWENTY MEN ENTER....ONLY HIM LEAVE"

http://tinyurl.com/pcuf5lp - Lioneye's Glare required for 'Hits Can't be Evaded' mod

Utilizes 2 Lioneye's Fall jewels.

Bandits: Oak / Kraityn / Kraityn

177% life
~270% armour
6 Endurance Charges (+24% flat physical damage reduction + 1.2% additional life regen)
5 Frenzy Charges
6% life regen
+90 Dex
~275% increased damage, not counting strength bonus
70% increased global crit chance
10% Chance for Endurance Charge on Crit
Point Blank
Unwavering Stance
Iron Grip

Again, I never finished the build. With only 1 Lioneye's Fall gem (and thus without a large chunk of my crit) I had about 15% chance to crit with only a Rat's Nest as extra crit chance from gear, which gave me full uptime on 2 Surgeon's Resist Flasks. Unfortunately, the subsequent nerfs to Surgeon Flasks didn't do me any favors with that and I'm gonna have to see how it functions, if at all in the future.

The 10% chance for Endurance Charge on crit (Pretty sure it wasn't functional at the start of closed beta and has been fixed to properly apply now) should net me permanent uptime on all 6 Endurance Charges after using Enduring Cry only once or twice. Because of this, I'm also considering running Abyssal Cry at the same time for extra DPS and to rid us of those pesky corpses (Up your butt, Bameth!), gem slots permitting.

The crit chance gave me a fairly frequent chance of freezing enemies as an additional form of defense. For those that want additional critical chance, the 2nd Lioneye's Fall Gem slot also changes the melee crit chance / multi wheel to the right of Resolute Technique to bow crit at the expense of some survival.

http://tinyurl.com/zaakssj - Slightly Modified for RT and Chin Sol.

~250%
increased damage, not counting strength bonus.
~250% armour
Everything else is the same

Little less armour, little less damage from tree, no crit. But 100% 'more damage' modifier from using Chin Sol over Lioneye's Glare. Plan on testing both out and will let you know which I end up enjoying more.

It's so close to yours it would be unfair to you if I even gave it its own thread. Honestly, I mainly did it so I could claim The Master Blaster reference before anyone else...

P.S. - If I end up using Blast Rain as my final attack and Lioneye's Vision's Pierce gem is useless, does the increased Chaos Damage from Cherrubim's Maleficence affect the chaos damage explosion of Abyssal Cry? It should provide similar defense, identical HP and the utility of doubling the leech rate as well.
Last edited by HeimdallsWrath on Dec 14, 2015, 8:16:45 AM
Hey there,

I am trying your build as well. I am a bit noobish at POE but I always play HC and rage. Anyhow... I have a noobish question :) What is up with the 2 handed melee nodes? how does this apply to the build? thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info